Sevco Thread

Saving £3k/month x 5 = Enough to pay players earning £40k/month+?

The numbers just don't stack up.

Their numbers don't stack up anyway which is why they will go down the shitter eventually. Their squad is massive and I can quite believe that some big (ish) names have been told to find new clubs. Whether they do so is completely out of sevco's hands though. These guys are perfectly entitled to sit out their contracts if they so desire....and why wouldn't they unless they find clubs elsewhere willing to pay them at least as much as they get now. 

Their European run last season plus any cash left over from selling Morelos, as they surely will, should just about see them through this season and next. And they've got a relatively kind draw in Europe again this season. Sevco's problems will only really start to bite once Celtic achieve 10IAR. That should sicken a good few of their more fickle knuckledraggers into abandoning their season tickets. Their stadium is also now 40 years old and needing maintenance of a level commensurate with buildings of that "build 'em quickly and cheaply" era.

I've no doubt the Park story is true. However the PUL community is vast and King will find an equally gullible rich replacement willing to bung a few million into the pot but their costs will continue to rise and they won't find a Morelos every season to help balance to the books. As I've said....I'm certain sevco will go the same way as oldco. But it'll be 5-10 years down the line. Hopefully this time they are consigned to history for good

Their numbers don't stack up anyway which is why they will go down the shitter eventually. Their squad is massive and I can quite believe that some big (ish) names have been told to find new clubs. Whether they do so is completely out of sevco's hands though. These guys are perfectly entitled to sit out their contracts if they so desire....and why wouldn't they unless they find clubs elsewhere willing to pay them at least as much as they get now. 

Their European run last season plus any cash left over from selling Morelos, as they surely will, should just about see them through this season and next. And they've got a relatively kind draw in Europe again this season. Sevco's problems will only really start to bite once Celtic achieve 10IAR. That should sicken a good few of their more fickle knuckledraggers into abandoning their season tickets. Their stadium is also now 40 years old and needing maintenance of a level commensurate with buildings of that "build 'em quickly and cheaply" era.

I've no doubt the Park story is true. However the PUL community is vast and King will find an equally gullible rich replacement willing to bung a few million into the pot but their costs will continue to rise and they won't find a Morelos every season to help balance to the books. As I've said....I'm certain sevco will go the same way as oldco. But it'll be 5-10 years down the line. Hopefully this time they are consigned to history for good

I expect them to shoot their load trying to stop ten in a row next year.

Not convinced they'll manage to shift many of their unwanted players;

Morelos - money please

Barisic - money back please

Players not registered for their european squad:

Jak Alnwick

Jon Flanagan

Glenn Middleton

Jake Hastie

Eros Grezda

Jamie Murphy

Graham Dorrans

Jason Holt

Joe Dodoo

Kyle Lafferty

Already out on loan with Huns likely subsidising a portion:

Herrera, Rossiter and McRorie

They got £250k for Candeias

Ashley didn't get to where he is today, by letting folk off with a few quid here and there. He is an utterly ruthless businessman.

Was meaning that would Ashley rather get a few million a year from shirts etc, or because king has tried to screw him over, would he prefer to put them out of business?

Got a small fee for Hardie too I think.

On balance i think there is some truth they are financially struggling but some of that stuff above sounds a bit OTT and as others have said they will probably find some other loser to put money in, although that's a dwindling pool I think.

3 biggest factors:

1. Do they qualify for Europa groups?

2. Do they sell Morelos or Tavernier for decent money (£3m minimum)?

3. Does Ashely actually go for the jugular or just leave them dangling?

But until the fat lady actually sings we should just assume this shit show will stay on the road.

• Downvote 1

Got a small fee for Hardie too I think.

On balance i think there is some truth they are financially struggling but some of that stuff above sounds a bit OTT and as others have said they will probably find some other loser to put money in, although that's a dwindling pool I think.

3 biggest factors:

1. Do they qualify for Europa groups?

2. Do they sell Morelos or Tavernier for decent money (£3m minimum)?

3. Does Ashely actually go for the jugular or just leave them dangling?

But until the fat lady actually sings we should just assume this shit show will stay on the road.

Some truth? They are 'tooling' up for a title challenge by signing Jordon Jones and Greg Stewart.

So far they have gambled on

Getting big money for morelos - their only offer so far is 3m Euros  - or about 2.5 m pounds

They have gambled on managing to break SD hold - and it appears to have made it stronger

They are gambling on close not getting cold feet and calling in the loan 

They are gambling on Europe

any of the three remaining not happening could really mean trouble - If Close call them in, they fail to get to the Europa or they don't get a big figure for morelos at least twice the one previous offer on the table so far they will struggle imo

• Site Sponsor

This appears to be really serious, the huns wanted damages limited to £1million but the judge has refused that. So really it’s a case of how much rather than if it’s happening. Admin 2 is looking like a real possibility here.

For once the judge doesn't seem to be a Hun

Not so sure. They've lost Kent and I've a feeling Jones, Stewart and the athletic chap they signed are going to be flops. If Morelos isn't on form they're fucked.

I think the athletic chap might actually be a good signing (dunno how he expects to play all these midfielders mind you) but agree on the other two.

For once the judge doesn't seem to be a Hun

I believe all this litigation is taking place in an English court, because Ashley ensured the deal was signed in England.  No doubt precisely to avoid a situation where Mason Boyne QC, Mordor Season ticket holder and Chief Jobby Wheecher of L.O.L 1690 (Govan) was placed in charge of proceedings.

The English are pretty "straight up" honest folk compared to establishment culture in Scotland.

Superb

Piles of fucking cash down the drain, which they don’t have

Long live the banter years, an implosion this season would be lovely

The first death came just before I got married and I remember roaring with laughter on my honeymoon at some of the tribute act's results in the new season.

Heading out to a fine restaurant and for a drink in Venice, buoyed by the knowledge that the new-huns had got beat by stirling albion earlier on.  Takes a lot to top that.  I will remember (and taste) that dinner all the days of my life haha!

I cant really decide if them dying out would be best, or if it would be adequate to have them as mid table shite (like they often were in the 1980s)?

Amazing the difference 20 yrs makes.  I remember in the 1990s, anywhere you would go would be chock full of loud mouthed currant buns.  Today, I think I know just three huns - and one of them is only an armchair fan, who only mentions it if they get a good result.

The court judgement against Sevco is amusingly scathing and dismissive, especially of Blair (Sevco club secratary).

Some choice excerpts -

"Much of the correspondence between RPC and Rangers involved Mr Blair. His principal witness statement prepared for the purposes of the trial (his eighth statement) contains a considerable amount of “evidence” and argument as to what the intentions and understandings of the parties, and Rangers, were when concluding the Agreement and other contracts relevant to this dispute. This is all inadmissible. What it does confirm, however, is that Mr Blair has not been shy to enter into the arena on behalf of Rangers and that he sees his role as that of an advocate as much as a witness of fact. This was also apparent from the correspondence which he authored and from his oral testimony. Mr Quiney submitted that Mr Blair’s evidence could be seen as arising out of a desire as a drafter and a lawyer to explain why some of the points made against his client were wrong. That may be so, but it does not make it any the more attractive or relevant or admissible."

"I found Mr Blair’s evidence to be unconvincing. I share the view taken by Mr Richard Millett QC (sitting a Deputy Judge of the Chancery Division) in the derivative proceedings to which I refer below that the evidence strongly suggests that the fan boycott was not merely being tolerated by Rangers and Mr King in particular but was actively approved of and promoted by it and him."

"Further correspondence followed in which RPC pressed for production of the Hummel agreement and asked Rangers to confirm that Hummel had not been granted rights of distribution, marketing, advertising, promoting, offering for sale and/or selling the Official or Replica kit. On 18 May Mr Blair gave that confirmation, stating that “Hummel has not been granted any of the rights set out in your email”. This was untrue. He later acknowledged in his Seventh Witness Statement that ' ... Of course Hummel did have rights to distribute, market, advertise, promote, offer for sale and/or sell the Official Kit and/or Replica Kit ...'"

"Rangers did not, however, supply SDIR with any Replica Kit, giving unconvincing reasons, including for example Mr Blair’s assertion on 3 September 2018 that Rangers’ supplier could not make units of kit available to SDIR until such time as the Further Agreement was in place. It has now been held by Sir Ross Cranston that (as SDIR had always contended) the Further Agreement was already in place at that time.    Correspondence between Mr Blair and Elite in late August shows that Mr Blair’s strategy was, in his own words, to lead SDIR a dance."

"I am satisfied that damages are not an adequate remedy for Rangers’ breaches.    SDIR’s losses are likely to be in the order of many millions of pounds."

• Upvote 1

This appears to be really serious, the huns wanted damages limited to £1million but the judge has refused that. So really it’s a case of how much rather than if it’s happening. Admin 2 is looking like a real possibility here.

Sevco have never been in admin

• Upvote 1

The court judgement against Sevco is amusingly scathing and dismissive, especially of Blair (Sevco club secratary).

Some choice excerpts -

"Much of the correspondence between RPC and Rangers involved Mr Blair. His principal witness statement prepared for the purposes of the trial (his eighth statement) contains a considerable amount of “evidence” and argument as to what the intentions and understandings of the parties, and Rangers, were when concluding the Agreement and other contracts relevant to this dispute. This is all inadmissible. What it does confirm, however, is that Mr Blair has not been shy to enter into the arena on behalf of Rangers and that he sees his role as that of an advocate as much as a witness of fact. This was also apparent from the correspondence which he authored and from his oral testimony. Mr Quiney submitted that Mr Blair’s evidence could be seen as arising out of a desire as a drafter and a lawyer to explain why some of the points made against his client were wrong. That may be so, but it does not make it any the more attractive or relevant or admissible."

"I found Mr Blair’s evidence to be unconvincing. I share the view taken by Mr Richard Millett QC (sitting a Deputy Judge of the Chancery Division) in the derivative proceedings to which I refer below that the evidence strongly suggests that the fan boycott was not merely being tolerated by Rangers and Mr King in particular but was actively approved of and promoted by it and him."

"Further correspondence followed in which RPC pressed for production of the Hummel agreement and asked Rangers to confirm that Hummel had not been granted rights of distribution, marketing, advertising, promoting, offering for sale and/or selling the Official or Replica kit. On 18 May Mr Blair gave that confirmation, stating that “Hummel has not been granted any of the rights set out in your email”. This was untrue. He later acknowledged in his Seventh Witness Statement that ' ... Of course Hummel did have rights to distribute, market, advertise, promote, offer for sale and/or sell the Official Kit and/or Replica Kit ...'"

"Rangers did not, however, supply SDIR with any Replica Kit, giving unconvincing reasons, including for example Mr Blair’s assertion on 3 September 2018 that Rangers’ supplier could not make units of kit available to SDIR until such time as the Further Agreement was in place. It has now been held by Sir Ross Cranston that (as SDIR had always contended) the Further Agreement was already in place at that time. Correspondence between Mr Blair and Elite in late August shows that Mr Blair’s strategy was, in his own words, to lead SDIR a dance."

"I am satisfied that damages are not an adequate remedy for Rangers’ breaches. SDIR’s losses are likely to be in the order of many millions of pounds."

This passage should read, “Mr Blair stood up, shouted something nonsensical about the peepul or something. We all thought he was a wee prick so we gave him his arse to play with.”

Pretty sure they are gagging to get Morelos sold, all the giants who are reportedly after him according to the media yet not one club sees fit to put in a bid.

They talk him up however in reality no one is interested in him other than a cheap gamble.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/west-ham-could-sign-rangers-forward-alfredo-morelos-for-5m-claims-source-1-4967096

£5m is a drop in the ocean to what they require to beat Celtic and get out of their financial hole.