Celtic 0 - 0 Aberdeen

No point putting out a full strength side for this one. Our season is all about the SC now so definitely need to prioritise a week on Tuesday.

I think McInnes might opt for a 3 man central midfield against the huns he did that at Ibrox in December to great effect. Normally he would put Ball in as the 3rd man in centre mid but he is obviously needed at RB. I'd try Stewart up front against the huns I think I'd prefer that option to May or Wilson.

vs CELTIC:-

Cerny

Halford Devlin McKenna Considine

Campbell Shinnie

McGinn May Wilson

Cosgrove

vs HUNS:-

Lewis

Ball McKenna Considine Lowe

Gleeson Ferguson Shinnie

McLennan Stewart GMS

There is no way in hell McInnes will put out a weakened team against Celtic. Not to the extent some are hoping/suggesting.

He would get slaughtered in the media for one thing & he simply couldn't take that.

If you look at the teams I suggested for both games it's not so much a case of him seriously weakening the team by playing kids etc. 8 of the 10 outfield players I put in a proposed line-up to play Celtic regularly play in the first team. Of the 2 non regulars Campbell is often in the squad and has made several sub appearances including scoring. Halford is an (admittedly rusty) English Championship level player who would be making his debut. Wouldn't see McInnes getting slaughtered at all if he played that team.

Would be different if he was playing guys like Virtanen, Ethan Ross etc.

Halford is a sensible option as Ball has been good & Halford needs a game in case we lose him.

Cerny is a pretty pointless change.

As is Stewart cos on today's performance he would be no risk/loss if he missed replay. He needs to show he can do something at some point.

Stewart can hold the ball up and bring others into play which we will need with Cosgrove being suspended.

Cerny is only a pointless change if Lewis doesn't get injured which he has been two or three times for us now the latest being last month against Hibs. Cerny is an able back up with plenty of PL experience I'd play him against Celtic. But it's not exactly the most important call DM has to make he needs to make sure we have a physically fresh team of outfield players on the park at Ibrox which means resting several of today's team on Saturday.

Gleeson needs to come in for Ferguson or Shinnie... to give one of them a rest!  They're going to need it!!

Ferguson actually looks like he needs the rest more at this stage...

I'd also look to give Halford a run against Celtic... also Devlin, he hasn't played much lately and it's an opportunity for him to play himself into the Huns game - potentially ahead of Considine.  If Lowe has been carrying injuries, it might be sensible to give him a rest against Celtic too.

Gleeson needs to come in for Ferguson or Shinnie... to give one of them a rest!  They're going to need it!!

I'd also look to give Halford a run against Celtic... also Devlin, he hasn't played much lately and it's an opportunity for him to play himself into the Huns game - potentially ahead of Considine.  If Lowe has been carrying injuries, it might be sensible to give him a rest against Celtic too.

Considine had Harvey in his pocket yesterday - can't see him being dropped for replay

• Upvote 1

Lewis

Ball Devlin McKenna Considine

Gleeson Shinnie

May Cosgrove McGinn

That should probably be the starting line up on saturday. Give Lowe, GMS, Ferguson & Stewart a rest. Get Halford on for some minutes in case his height and long throws are required. If Cosgrove is suspended part of me thinks Halford could play up top for that physical presence. He played a lot of games down south in that position. 

Resting players who have a problem is fine, but there's no point in going completely over the top with it.

If we were in mid-table no man's land (e.g. where Livingston are) and had zero prospect of getting a result then fine, but we aren't. We're playing for a European spot and could quite feasibly get a point in this game at least. We don't have such a massive lead over the teams behind us that we can afford to start giving games away.

Lewis

Ball Devlin McKenna Considine

Gleeson Shinnie

May Cosgrove McGinn

That should probably be the starting line up on saturday. Give Lowe, GMS, Ferguson & Stewart a rest. Get Halford on for some minutes in case his height and long throws are required. If Cosgrove is suspended part of me thinks Halford could play up top for that physical presence. He played a lot of games down south in that position. 

So you want us to play with 10 on Saturday and then start a defender upfront on Tuesday?

Gleeson needs to come in for Ferguson or Shinnie... to give one of them a rest! They're going to need it!!

I'd also look to give Halford a run against Celtic... also Devlin, he hasn't played much lately and it's an opportunity for him to play himself into the Huns game - potentially ahead of Considine. If Lowe has been carrying injuries, it might be sensible to give him a rest against Celtic too.

Halford not fit yet. Aiming to be ready for Livingston.

Would take an absolute hoofing in this game if it meant we beat the filth on Tuesday.  

I wouldn't.  I'd take a hoofing if it meant we won the Scottish cup.  Mind you I'd take 10th place in the league if we won the cup.

Derek - just go and fucking win the cup. How many attempts do you need?