Staying in Edinburgh overnight so here we go

Game of two halves loads of talking points

Was worried as we came out, players almost to a man were more concerned to waving at family in the crowd I felt and was worried about how they were treating it

This wasnt fro the warm up - i wouldnt have objected to that, it was as they split up from the line up. Almost treating it as a day out.

Were celtic good or were we bad - honestly i think they would have steam rollered most teams - no lack of proffessionalism from them they cam at us all guns blazing but by f&ck did we make it easy for them.

First goal langfield was well of his line, did commosns mean it dont know but have to say as soon as it left his boot you knew it was dropping into that area where any goalie even if well positioned would miss it.

If commons meant it more fool jamie for giving the opportunity if he didnt then well nothing to be done really

2nd and third was comedy defending or celtic attacking the ball you decide

4th by f8ck yung had to strtch to reach that ball his hand was THAT high

Now contrevesial (or maybe not) i felt despite what brown said it was the formation, we were a sort of moving 4 4 2 or 5 3 2 and just confused and celtic were then double up on the flanks and just confusing us or we confused each other who knows what ever we were all over the place.

Vuj got shifted off brown says it was a knock but it coulld have been anyone but tbh he looked like Bambi on ice after 10 pints at times

Got to half time and played MUCH better we got control of the midfield and maguire was a right pest we missed 3 or 4 good chances. pity we had undone ourselves in the first 30 mins

Finally a couple of points

After 4 goals 2 scarfs thrown onto the pitch and all hell breaks out in section p3/4 at the front big arguements threats of fights guys wanting to punch each other - closest i ve seen to a fight breaking out at a game ( and it wasnt even the scarf throwers!)

some should really know better

Oh and stewards get a hard time sometimes - I thought this was very well handled- both parties taken to the side had a chat back to seats and stayed and watched the game - well done stewards

Was it a good game, no we showed our outstanding problems - our back 5 lost discipline and shape clearly BUT any team in this league would have been losing after 30 mins imo celtic played well in that time HOWEVER we regrouped we fought back and we won the second half overall

Looking forward to tuesday - we must have figured out how to play them now and they have no defence!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no marks out of ten as none of them deserve anything after that first half

Langfield utter trash get this c**t out of my team

Vuja obviously the recognised scapegoat, didnt seem to have a clue what do to

Diamond Not sure where to start but he offers nothing now he has hit reverse gear

Mcardle Never a rb and a terrible first touch

Considine dreadful, had a spectacular shank out of the park

Hartley see other post

Mcnamee I didnt realise he was playing till I saw the line up at half time poor and out of position ?

Milsom anon

Young unprofessional

Vernon should have scored in first half, good header but celtic were playing a training game in the second half

Maguire constantly out muscled needs to improve

Overall a huge disappointment in the first half, we shat it, were second to everything and were bullied , dreadful

The fans were wonderful such a shame they had to endure that

I think that despite Brown saying the tactics were not to blame he has to take a huge share of the blame for this result. Firstly though, the defending was woeful, loosing goals from headers when we had the taller players is school boy stuff. However, why did Brown change the formation to 5-3-2 when we have looked solid playing 4-4-2? The midfield was over run and that allowed Celtic to put more pressure on the shoddy defence. There was no obvious shape to the team, players weren't marking properly or covering runs and the general defending was a shambles. After it changed to 4-4-2 when Jack came on we looked much more solid, the team had an obvious shape and we held our own for the rest of the match, arguably creating the better chances. By that time the game was lost though. Once again AFC let a good travelling support down.

I think that despite Brown saying the tactics were not to blame he has to take a huge share of the blame for this result. Firstly though, the defending was woeful, loosing goals from headers when we had the taller players is school boy stuff. However, why did Brown change the formation to 5-3-2 when we have looked solid playing 4-4-2? The midfield was over run and that allowed Celtic to put more pressure on the shoddy defence. There was no obvious shape to the team, players weren't marking properly or covering runs and the general defending was a shambles. After it changed to 4-4-2 when Jack came on we looked much more solid, the team had an obvious shape and we held our own for the rest of the match, arguably creating the better chances. By that time the game was lost though. Once again AFC let a good travelling support down.

Agree fife , i didnae realise is was a 5-3-2 in fact neither did the players they were all over the shop,this is classic brown in a pressure situation see scotland......... he got it wrong but the players were a fkn disgrace

Performances first:

Langfield - Usual sh*te. Looked nervous, awful distribution. What is he doing getting lobbed at his back post from 25 yards? Woeful.

McNamee - Torn to shreds by Commons. Almost turned into a 4th centre back as he was so scared to get out and close down out wide.

Considine - Never a full/wing back. Tried hard, but it's just not his position.

McArdle - Best of a bad bunch?

Diamond - Ragged dolled again by Hooper. Memories of 9-0?

Vujadinovic - Who said he was a good player? First time seeing him so will give him the benefit of the doubt, but was terrible. Literally didn't do anything of note.

Milsom - Fairly impressed. Battled and decent on the ball.

Hartley - Poor. Looked as if his legs are going and didn't offer enough.

Young - Battled well as usual.

Vernon - Quality hold up play and poses a danger in the box, need to keep getting the best out of him.

Maguire - Not much he can do if he is challenging centre halves for long punts? Works well with Vernon when ball is on the deck.

Subs:

Jack - Composed and hard worker. Very good talent.

Magennis - Gave them something to worry about.

Pawlett - Didn't have much chance to trouble them.

Points to note:

1. How scared did we look first half hour? Men v Boys.

2. Ludicrous tactics to begin with. Invited them onto us and gave them so much space out wide.

3. They wanted it so much more.

4. I counted that we got 1 free kick 1st half. Anyone who thinks there is a conspiracy against Celtic should watch that game. Arguably the worst referee performance I've ever seen.

And finally:

Our support is unbelievable. Everyone who endured that and sang through it, give yourself a pat on the back and enjoy your beer tonight. You earned it.

Performances first:

Langfield - Usual sh*te. Looked nervous, awful distribution. What is he doing getting lobbed from 25 yards? Woeful.

McNamee - Torn to shreds by Commons. Almost turned into a 4th centre back as he was so scared to get out and close down out wide.

Considine - Never a full/wing back. Tried hard, but it's just not his position.

McArdle - Best of a bad bunch?

Diamond - Ragged dolled again by Hooper. Memories of 9-0?

Vujadinovic - Who said he was a good player? First time seeing him so will give him the benefit of the doubt, but was terrible. Literally didn't do anything of note.

Milsom - Fairly impressed. Battled and decent on the ball.

Hartley - Poor. Looked as if his legs are going and didn't offer enough.

Young - Battled well as usual.

Vernon - Quality hold up play and poses a danger in the box, need to keep getting the best out of him.

Maguire - Not much he can do if he is challenging centre halves for long punts? Works well with Vernon when ball is on the deck.

Subs:

Jack - Composed and hard worker. Very good talent.

Magennis - Gave them something to worry about.

Pawlett - Didn't have much chance to trouble them.

Points to note:

1. How scared did we look first half hour? Men v Boys.

2. Ludicrous tactics to begin with. Invited them onto us and gave them so much space out wide.

3. They wanted it so much more.

4. I counted that we got 1 free kick 1st half. Anyone who thinks there is a conspiracy against Celtic should watch that game. Arguably the worst referee performance I've ever seen.

And finally:

Our support is unbelievable. Everyone who endured that and sang through it, give yourself a pat on the back and enjoy your beer tonight. You earned it.

this

My wee boy was actually crying his eyes out when the 4th went in...

A good vocal support, which deserves so much more that that sh*t we dished up in the first half...

The fans were wonderful such a shame they had to endure that

Once again AFC let a good travelling support down.

My wee boy was actually crying his eyes out when the 4th went in...

A good vocal support, which deserves so much more that that sh*t we dished up in the first half...

I must have been at a different game to you all, as after the first goal I was disgusted at our "support"...

"good vocal support", "sang through it" to quote from above... I must have had temporary deafness!!

FFS it was like a morgue, the majority just sat there mute!

We are Aberdeen, known for our away support, barmy army, 12th man. Where the f**k was that today?!

P.S. Supersub, I was in tears too x

I must have been at a different game to you all, as after the first goal I was disgusted at our "support"...

"good vocal support", "sang through it" to quote from above... I must have had temporary deafness!!

We are Aberdeen, known for our away support, barmy army, 12th man. Where the f**k was that today?!

I thought the support was pretty vocal especially in the second half considering we were getting pumped 4 - 0 and the first half was horrific.

Maybe after the shock of being 4-0 down went away everyone carried on singing.

Had to leave at half time as all my mates had and I was seriously close to crying.

Langfield is awful. I wanted to run on and personally ask him to leave. What he was doing at the first goal I have no idea. The second goal the header trickled past him. I can't even remember the third.

Everytime we went forward we were offside. It was a truly horrible performance.

I can't believe we were that bad.

Good to see the Hatters that I did before the game and I hope you aren't hurting as much as I am.

Maybe after the shock of being 4-0 down went away everyone carried on singing.

Re-read my post, .... I said after first goal, ........... when we should have been getting behind the team, and collectively singing.

Pub I was in was bouncing pre-game, as would many other pubs full of dandies have been. We get to Hampden, sing, bounce, stand free. Celtic score, ......... 0-1 and as I posted above, ... morgue/nae singing.

f**kin disgrace.

Aye maybe it took 4 until some could start singing. Too, too late by then.

I think in spite of such a dreadful performance, the fact people were still trying to sing and support our team is commendable. I don't know how many other teams, if any, would have this kind of loyalty.

Loved how we booed down The Fields of Athenry :lolceltic: Can not stand that sh*te.

Had to leave at half time as all my mates had and I was seriously close to crying.

Langfield is awful. I wanted to run on and personally ask him to leave. What he was doing at the first goal I have no idea. The second goal the header trickled past him. I can't even remember the third.

Everytime we went forward we were offside. It was a truly horrible performance.

I can't believe we were that bad.

Good to see the Hatters that I did before the game and I hope you aren't hurting as much as I am.

Not sure we were offside every time we were actually adjudged to be offside to be fair. It was the 3rd goal that he was a bit slow getting down to the 2nd goal was mulgrews from about a yard.

Since you left at half time, you wont have seen a bit of an improvement although understandably it was helped with celtic foot off the gas.

Don't know where you were but whre I was standing we sang until the third goal went in then most left. The goals seemed in relative quick succesion.

Not sure we were offside every time we were actually adjudged to be offside to be fair. It was the 3rd goal that he was a bit slow getting down to the 2nd goal was mulgrews from about a yard.

Since you left at half time, you wont have seen a bit of an improvement although understandably it was helped with celtic foot off the gas.

Was it? I just remember being really annoyed with him and hearing "goal by Charlie Mulgrew".

Dunno if that was a dig at me or not but in the first half we offered nothing. When you are very close to tears you know it's time to cry. Didn't help with seeing my girlfriends ex and walking 40 odd minutes in the wrong direction with him complaining about Langfield.

Partly left early due to getting a bit if hassle from one of fans behind me.

Don't know where you were but whre I was standing we sang until the third goal went in then most left. The goals seemed in relative quick succesion.

Was it? I just remember being really annoyed with him and hearing "goal by Charlie Mulgrew".

Dunno if that was a dig at me or not but in the first half we offered nothing. When you are very close to tears you know it's time to cry. Didn't help with seeing my girlfriends ex and walking 40 odd minutes in the wrong direction with him complaining about Langfield.

Partly left early due to getting a bit if hassle from one of fans behind me.

Yeah was the 3rd goal.

Wasnt a dig, would never have a go at anyone for leaving it was pathetic, although just decided nope I wasnt leaving ive never left at a game early in my puff and I was there to support the team so thats what im doing. Its up to others if they want to leave or not.

If the players actually bothered trying instead of standing back and admiring an average Celtic team then I would maybe match their effort. As it is I go to every Aberdeen match home and away and was there today despite being on crutches with broken ankle. Sorry if I didn't sing but the feeling of utter disappointment was all too familiar and after only just over 30 mins the game was over. It is up to the players to stand up and be counted in situations like that but they were absolutely pathetic, defending basic crosses like a bunch of f**king school children, they can f**k OFF.

Yeah was the 3rd goal.

Wasnt a dig, would never have a go at anyone for leaving it was pathetic, although just decided nope I wasnt leaving ive never left at a game early in my puff and I was there to support the team so thats what im doing. Its up to others if they want to leave or not.

I'm positive from where I was stood he should have stopped Mulgrews goal.

I was supporting the team, singing my heart out until I realised the team showed no effort in a bloody semi final.

If the players actually bothered trying instead of standing back and admiring an average Celtic team then I would maybe match their effort. As it is I go to every Aberdeen match home and away and was there today despite being on crutches with broken ankle. Sorry if I didn't sing but the feeling of utter disappointment was all too familiar and after only just over 30 mins the game was over. It is up to the players to stand up and be counted in situations like that but they were absolutely pathetic, defending basic crosses like a bunch of f**king school children, they can f**k OFF.

Mind seeing you. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

I'm positive from where I was stood he should have stopped Mulgrews goal.

I was supporting the team, singing my heart out until I realised the team showed no effort in a bloody semi final.

All the goals should have been prevented, total embarassment to the club the way we defended. As someone said Brown has to take a portion of the blame as setting out with 5 at the back is showing far too much respect to that Celtic team. But whether the tactics are right or wrong does not excuse the manner in which we lost the goals, utterly embarassing. As one of my mates said as he was leaving, Sunnybank could defend against that.

Just watched the extended highlights over, Young what in god's name were you thinking? Special mention for Diamond and Langfield for their hand in Celtic's third. Diamond - 'Don't think I will bother trying to outjump this f**king donkey Rogne.' Langfield - 'Oh no? Oh well sh*t I'll let the f**ker just roll in nice and slowly.' It really baffles me that a player like Langfield who for the majority of his career sat on the bench for the likes of Dundee and Partick Thistle has found himself turning out at Hampden when he clearly has neither the ability nor the mentality to handle it.

To be honest I was especially upset at Celtic not actually being that good but us making them look brilliant. The fact we were second to every ball made their passes seem fantastic whether it was a long punt or not.

They didnt have to be good, think Langfield had only one other 'save' and they only created a few more chances. The goals were so soft it was unreal. A cross/Unbelievable chip (im pretty sure cross), two goals from corners where we actually much the taller team and a crazy penalty given away.

They are by far the best team in a honking league tho and certainly have the advantage being able to buy many many players on great wages. Dont understand why players like Ledley or Commons come up from the championship bar the money. Granted they can play in champs league but never going to get far in it.

To be honest I was especially upset at Celtic not actually being that good but us making them look brilliant. The fact we were second to every ball made their passes seem fantastic whether it was a long punt or not.

Perfectly summed up. Anyone with a bit of sense can see that, it's a pity the players are so overawed by the occassion and have so much respect for Celtic, makes me f**king sick. One thing I will give Celtic is that their players work for each other and go in and win those second balls, but that's not hard, we just didn't show any desire or effort whatsoever.

All the goals should have been prevented, total embarassment to the club the way we defended. As someone said Brown has to take a portion of the blame as setting out with 5 at the back is showing far too much respect to that Celtic team. But whether the tactics are right or wrong does not excuse the manner in which we lost the goals, utterly embarassing. As one of my mates said as he was leaving, Sunnybank could defend against that.

Just watched the extended highlights over, Young what in god's name were you thinking? Special mention for Diamond and Langfield for their hand in Celtic's third. Diamond - 'Don't think I will bother trying to outjump this f**king donkey Rogne.' Langfield - 'Oh no? Oh well sh*t I'll let the f**ker just roll in nice and slowly.' It really baffles me that a player like Langfield who for the majority of his career sat on the bench for the likes of Dundee and Partick Thistle has found himself turning out at Hampden when he clearly has neither the ability nor the mentality to handle it.

Spot on.

They didnt have to be good, think Langfield had only one other 'save' and they only created a few more chances. The goals were so soft it was unreal. A cross/Unbelievable chip (im pretty sure cross), two goals from corners where we actually much the taller team and a crazy penalty given away.

They are by far the best team in a honking league tho and certainly have the advantage being able to buy many many players on great wages. Dont understand why players like Ledley or Commons come up from the championship bar the money. Granted they can play in champs league but never going to get far in it.

Cross or not though Langfield shouldn't have been that far off his line IMO.

Agree re. players but we showed no signs of effort.

Sandafc you are spot on, unthinkable how you can defend like that. It was definitely a cross.

Lying in my bed just now and still absolutely gutted.

Will probably post more about things tomorrow as posting from phone.

We were a couple rows in front of tommy, minijc, rtyd & Dom.

I thought rtyd was going to go on the pitch and kill Langfield and Diamond with his bare hands at one point.

Told myself at 4-0 if we lost another due to Langfield I would go on and 'politely' ask him to leave. Even eyed it up where the dtewards and police were and looked like it'd be easy enough to get access to the pitch.