Scotland To Play Brazil

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't agree at all

this is all about cash and as usual the fans of the team playing mean the square root of f**k all.

The SFA again are chasing the cash rather than thinking long term. Now much as the FIFA rankings are a pile of pish they are used to seed teams for the big tournaments. So why are we playing games against opposition that we have little chance of winning whilst we slip further and further down the list?

Against Argentina Hampden was only about 60% full so it's not as if these ties are pulling in the fans.

Why not have games against the teams above us in the rankings that we might have a decent chance against?

Play these games in Aberdeen or Edinburgh and you'll get a fair crowd and boost chances of qualifying for tournaments in the long term and then reap the rewards then.

I'd fancy our chances against the likes of; Tunisia, Iran, Austria, Burkino Faso, Honduras or a rematch with Costa Rico, all teams above us in the rankings. These games if played at the weekend would have a good attendance as we would gave a decent shout of a win.

In the past glamour friendlies attracted fans as where else would you see the world's best players. Nowadays with TV there is less of a draw to these ties and people would rather go and see a game where there is a chance of a win.

Magic, we'll play them off the pitch, Kaka is not fit to lace Charlie Adam's boots.

Julio Cesar, Maicon, Lucio, Juan, Bastos, Gilberto Silva, Josue, Alves, Kaka, Robinho, Luis Fabiano

V

McGregor, Hutton, Berra, Caldwell, Bardsley, Naismith, Brown, Fletcher, Adam, Dorrans, Miller

3-0 Scotland nay bother ata

Taxi for Maicon, again, in London, when Commons rips him a new arsehole.

It's about time we got some high profile exposure like this.

My only wish for our national team going forward is that we campaign for a new stadium to replace the jaded, dated and frankly rubbish Hampden, and we could have the ground and team we deserve again.

Taxi for Maicon, again, in London, when Commons rips him a new arsehole.

It's about time we got some high profile exposure like this.

My only wish for our national team going forward is that we campaign for a new stadium to replace the jaded, dated and frankly rubbish Hampden, and we could have the ground and team we deserve again.

I love when Hampden is full but we do need a better stadium. We missed a trick when they revamped it on the cheap. Even the welsh have a better ground than us but thats maybe helped by the fact they share it for egg chasing.

looking for someone whos running a bus down and up the same day,

FIFE area

:crossfingers: :crossfingers:

Edinburgh TA might be running one. Obviously members would get first refusal. We have a meeting tonight and hopefully by then will have the quotes from the bus company for down and back the same day or going down on the Sat and back up on the Sunday

Not sure we'll get many more opportunities to see our team playing Brazil in a competitive match in our lifetimes so it's the right decision.

Wish I could go, it will be a cracking day out.

this was all a bit sudden for me. Down on the Friday night, Primal Scream on Saturday night, Scotland v Brazil on the Sunday afternoon.

I couldn't turn that weekend down