Will Christie Sign?

Agreed.

We need to get McLean's future sorted out this summer. Ideally he would sign an extension with an agreement that he can move on if the club get some decent wedge. AFC has been good for McLean, he should recognize that.

There is a sell on clause on his current contract from St Mirren

If, as the rumours suggest, he's holding out for a move to Rangers, he'll be well aware that they aren't in a position to shell out a decent wedge.

Sit on things for the next 6 months, and Kenny can go where he wants!

A glowing tribute from Christie in the E.E praising Aberdeen and how he does not rule out coming back.

I am not a fan of loan deals but would make an exception in his case, but would favour money changing hands for his signature on a 3 year contract.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/ryan-christie-im-not-going-rule-return-pittodrie-ive-really-enjoyed-time-aberdeen/?utm_content=buffer4f6ac&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

• Downvote 1

A glowing tribute from Christie in the E.E praising Aberdeen and how he does not rule out coming back.

I am not a fan of loan deals but would make an exception in his case, but would favour money changing hands for his signature on a 3 year contract.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/ryan-christie-im-not-going-rule-return-pittodrie-ive-really-enjoyed-time-aberdeen/?utm_content=buffer4f6ac&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Welcome to earlier this aternoon.

Not much we can do though to really compete with Sunderland is there? Bit of a basket case but a big club nonetheless who will be looking for promotion back to the EPL.

It's maybe too similar a job to the one he had with Bristol? Although he'd probably have a lot more money to play with?

Not much we can do though to really compete with Sunderland is there? Bit of a basket case but a big club nonetheless who will be looking for promotion back to the EPL.

They're the new Wigan. They'll go crashing through the leagues.

Give him a break he'd have spent all morning trawling the sun and daily record looking for something to get annoyed about.

Better than trawling all my posts and posting absolute crap like you did above.

You really need to stop your fixation on what I post on here.

Contribute toward the forum instead.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Derek McInnes says the "door is shut" on the possibility of Ryan Christie returning to Aberdeen this summer.

The 23-year-old has starred during a season-and-a-half loan stint from Celtic but he returns to his parent club this month.

"Celtic made it clear that he has to go back for pre-season," McInnes said.

"Brendan [Rodgers, manager] said he's part of their plans going forward, so that for me kills it unless it changes from Celtic's point of view."

The winger has scored six goals this term and McInnes has enjoyed working with the former Inverness Caley Thistle player.

The Dons boss joked: "I'd like to put a clause in it that he can't play against us next year, but I can't.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44090618

No he hasn't,

He's had a poor to average run of form last couple of months. It happens.

For the first half of the season he was arguably our most effective player.

This.. I cant believe some of the criticism thrown at Christie recently... yes , his form has dipped recently but if was capable of producing performances like earlier in the season more consistently he would be playing at a higher level than us and Celtic for that matter..

Some folk should be careful what they wish for. Opportunities to get players that we couldnt normally afford are few and far between..

I would welcome Christie back with open arms but unfortunately looks like its unlikely

No he hasn't,

He's had a poor to average run of form last couple of months. It happens.

For the first half of the season he was arguably our most effective player.

Playing for himself, he scored a few goals early doors.

Team has been miles better without him in it of late.

He was a good bench player last season. Shame he couldn't have stayed there more this season but hey ho.

Christie just doesn't look like he can be arsed. I'd like to keep him because of what he's capable of, but I would say signing someone like Crawford to replace him would be sufficient.

Dunno why McInnes even bothers lining up with a number 10 to begin with, given his strictly one dimensional 'play it wide' tactics.

Overall Christie's season and a half here has been a success. He's not consistently good week in week out but as someone else said if he was he'd already be an established first team player at Parkhead. But on his day he was a match winner. However it's sink or swim time for him now as far as his Celtic career goes. His level has definitely tailed off recently but overall he's done well we were good for him and vice versa. Not as good a player as James Maddison but made a bigger impact here. His goal at Ibrox last season was effectively the winner.

He'll be going into the last year of his contract now, right? I guess if he's not got much game time by Christmas, decisions will have to start getting made. He's currently sitting on 13 appearance for Celtic in 3 years and can't see that number going up too much before his contract expires.

Playing for himself, he scored a few goals early doors.

Team has been miles better without him in it of late.

He was a good bench player last season. Shame he couldn't have stayed there more this season but hey ho.

I just think he's been better for us over the course of the season than a few of his critics on here are prepared to admit.

No doubt his form tailed off, quite significantly in some games towards the season end, but there's a very talented and decent SPL level player there with a lot of potential who I would welcome as a permanent signing given his experience gained now at such young age.

I just think he's been better for us over the course of the season than a few of his critics on here are prepared to admit.

No way, not on the Hat, I don't believe it.

That's Jack, McLean and Christie who were written off as pish by the experts on here.

Christie is clearly very talented but tends to disappear when things get difficult or failing that dives in with stupid tackles. He has been poor since the winter break and it hasn't helped with Mcinnes using him wide when he is clearly a player that looks more comfortable centrally, all in all not too bothered he won't be coming back but I can't see him getting a look in at Tims either, so I can see him wasting a season at a Blackburn or something on loan

He'll be going into the last year of his contract now, right? I guess if he's not got much game time by Christmas, decisions will have to start getting made.

I don't see him featuring that much for Celtic. It's not that he's not a good player he is but Celtic have better options for his position in Rogic, Armstrong and McGregor. Rodgers may decide by the end of the summer transfer window that he's not impressed him enough and opt to cash in on him while he still can but if that happens I see the English Championship being his next move. He's a full international now and only 23 so he won't be short of suitors should Rodgers decide to sell him.