Scottish Fitba Tv Rights

We must be the only country in the world that puts in a stipulation that stops the TV companies showing the biggest games every week though. The other week Hearts V AFC and Celtic V Hibs were ignored for Hamilton v huns. All so the OF can protect their home gates. Total pish.

The other clubs could have done away with that shite, unfortunately the gimp running our club put the blockers on it

• Upvote 2

BT have spent all their money on champions league and English Premier League rights.

They're now out of money and Eleven Sports have already nabbed Italian football and UFC from them.

BT will keep a hold of the league cup and that'll be it. Maybe they'll get the Scottish Cup when it's next up for grabs.

Was an idea muted recently - will never happen - but that whoever won the rights should have a dedicated channel to Scottish football rather than just buying the live games. Means you could subscribe to the channel, and on top of the live games get highlights shows, classic matches, and whatever else they put on it.

BT have spent all their money on champions league and English Premier League rights.

They're now out of money and Eleven Sports have already nabbed Italian football and UFC from them.

BT will keep a hold of the league cup and that'll be it. Maybe they'll get the Scottish Cup when it's next up for grabs.

Was an idea muted recently - will never happen - but that whoever won the rights should have a dedicated channel to Scottish football rather than just buying the live games. Means you could subscribe to the channel, and on top of the live games get highlights shows, classic matches, and whatever else they put on it.

Current spfl highlights are a joke. 2 minutes no commentary stuck on YouTube.

It's their own fault that no one takes Scottish football seriously

What is the current TV deal worth?

Sky have lost a lot of football coverage recently so must have plenty in the bank to spend on something else, like Scottish football. Doncaster be demanding a better offer than that.

Won’t surprise me in the slightest when he doesn’t and tells us this is a great deal though.

What is the current TV deal worth?

Sky have lost a lot of football coverage recently so must have plenty in the bank to spend on something else, like Scottish football. Doncaster be demanding a better offer than that.

Won’t surprise me in the slightest when he doesn’t and tells us this is a great deal though.

About 20m per year. Sweden is double that.

Think the guy who was buying all the football for BT has left his role and the new guy isn't as bothered which is how this situation has come about.  For all BT coverage is better than SKY coverage if they aren't prepared to outbid SKY then we've no choice.

Makes no sense for them to just start dropping it though after all the build up to how they are going to challenge SKY. I only keep my BT Sport because if we are on TV, it usually tends to be BT, and their Scottish coverage is better. I wont be fussed about keeping it on now if they lose it, unless BT give me a good deal.

It could be called SPL TV... was muted years ago.

IMO, it's the only thing that will ever work properly.

I remain tight lipped

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jun/08/bt-chief-executive-gavin-patterson-to-leave-post-later-this-year

That article lists it, a lot of investors feel BT shouldn't have got involved in the sport market and its likely they will pull out of the market even more. 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/oct/25/worldpays-philip-jansen-named-bt-chief-executive-gavin-Patterson

New chief coming in, sports not working.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jun/08/bt-chief-executive-gavin-patterson-to-leave-post-later-this-year

That article lists it, a lot of investors feel BT shouldn't have got involved in the sport market and its likely they will pull out of the market even more.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/oct/25/worldpays-philip-jansen-named-bt-chief-executive-gavin-Patterson

New chief coming in, sports not working.

I’m shocked.

Who knew spending £1billion on Stoke v Barnsley wouldn’t work out.

It could be called SPL TV... was muted years ago.

IMO, it's the only thing that will ever work properly.

No, you've misread my post.

The idea was that sky sports or BT sports, whoever won the rights, would have a stand-alone channel dedicated to Scottish football, rather than the standalone independent SPL TV that was muted by Roger Mitchell.