#181 OFFLINE   Ke1t

Ke1t

Chief Executive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,397 posts
  • Joined 13-January 11

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:44 PM

Think Ferguson has the potential to be a very Tattie Cooper-esque presence in the middle of the park. 

Strong, combative, and very good on the ball.  I really like the look of the guy. 

@Oregon Red  We must have watched different games, because the May I was watching was constantly dropping to get the ball, screaming for the pass, and making sure he was in position to receive the ball. In the couple of times he was supplied with opportunities he did extremely well to control an overhit pass on his chest, though his actual shot from that chance was pish... but that was practically his first touch since coming on, so understandable... the second effort he powered between two defenders who were right on top of him, brought the ball under control, and still managed to force the save. 

The guy was desperate to get involved, and I don't think any more could have been expected of his effort. 

What puzzled the shit out of me was that he replaced GMS when we had Cosgrove on the bench. 

May is a finesse player, a guy who holds onto the ball and attempts to get past his man... we had a team full of guys doing that against a bunch of talentless hammer throwers who'd been pushing and tripping our players for the majority of the match. Cosgrove, on the other hand, is a battering ram who thrives on the physical side of the game.  I think he'd have been the far better substitution to deal with those feckless cunts.  This was epitomised in 83 minutes where May gathers and is immediately smashed in the back and flies about ten feet back up the pitch. 

Didn't really matter at that point, but seemed an odd substitution given the options. . 

"The internet has made it clear just how many dumb cunts there are."

#182 OFFLINE   Dr_Manhattan

Dr_Manhattan

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined 21-June 18

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:48 PM

Avoid Mackies at all costs.

Rabid, Britnat, Anti-Scotland, odious scum.

Fuck me, I prefer Darren Mackie to those cunts.  :omg:

Twitter missing a fuckwit today I see

#183 OFFLINE   RAZOR

RAZOR

Bird > Word

• Members
  • 23,832 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:20 PM

Think Ferguson has the potential to be a very Tattie Cooper-esque presence in the middle of the park.

Strong, combative, and very good on the ball. I really like the look of the guy.

@Oregon Red We must have watched different games, because the May I was watching was constantly dropping to get the ball, screaming for the pass, and making sure he was in position to receive the ball. In the couple of times he was supplied with opportunities he did extremely well to control an overhit pass on his chest, though his actual shot from that chance was pish... but that was practically his first touch since coming on, so understandable... the second effort he powered between two defenders who were right on top of him, brought the ball under control, and still managed to force the save.

The guy was desperate to get involved, and I don't think any more could have been expected of his effort.

What puzzled the shit out of me was that he replaced GMS when we had Cosgrove on the bench.

May is a finesse player, a guy who holds onto the ball and attempts to get past his man... we had a team full of guys doing that against a bunch of talentless hammer throwers who'd been pushing and tripping our players for the majority of the match. Cosgrove, on the other hand, is a battering ram who thrives on the physical side of the game. I think he'd have been the far better substitution to deal with those feckless cunts. This was epitomised in 83 minutes where May gathers and is immediately smashed in the back and flies about ten feet back up the pitch.

Didn't really matter at that point, but seemed an odd substitution given the options. .

May couldn't hold on to a cross if he was nailed to it and Cosgrove is about as physical as the Andrex puppy but ok.

'parkrun isn't about convenience, it's a way of life.' - dave_min

#184 OFFLINE   Run of the mill

Run of the mill

Good Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 30-August 18

Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:29 AM

Derby fan here. Re Max Lowe

I can't see Max coming back before the end of the season unless we have a bit of a injury crisis in that position. He's doing well with you guys and getting first team football. At the moment he wouldn't get a start for us. Surely best to be getting games if he's happy you'd think. Glad he's doing well.

#185 OFFLINE   Run of the mill

Run of the mill

Good Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 30-August 18

Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:30 AM

I can't see Max coming back before the end of the season unless we have a bit of a injury crisis in that position. He's doing well with you guys and getting first team football. At the moment he wouldn't get a start for us. Surely best to be getting games if he's happy you'd think. Glad he's doing well.

#186 OFFLINE   Scotty_Toronto

Scotty_Toronto

Cults Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Joined 12-February 14

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:31 AM

He gains ground quickly with his speed and isn't afraid to beat a man.

We've managed to help Michael Hector, Danny Ward, and James Maddison push on in recent seasons.

Hoping for the same with Lowe and (James) Wilson.

Max seems to be enjoying himself and has the Scottish League Cup Final to look forward to on December 2nd.

I think that he'd happily see out the season with us.

#187 OFFLINE   RUL

RUL

Director of Football

• Members
  • 12,149 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:02 AM

I am fairly sure the loan will be extended, I'm sure there was talk of that before.  I suppose it's a case of can Lowe survive a winter in Aberdeen.

#188 OFFLINE   dave_min

dave_min

Director of Football

• Members
  • 14,169 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 02 November 2018 - 10:25 AM

Dons fan here. Re Max Lowe.

He’s not very good.

------
2013 Best Newcomer

2014 Best Newcomer

small_gold_star.pngsmall_gold_star.png

Awww Dave, you're super. :-)

#189 ONLINE   Sooper-hanz

Sooper-hanz

Rumpus' love child.

• Members
  • 11,547 posts
  • Joined 12-November 15

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:48 AM

Martyn Waghorn?  lol

limericks etc..,

#190 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 15,915 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:01 PM

Interesting input that he would not get into their team so almost a no brainer to stay with Aberdeen (can only play for Aberdeen or Derby)

COYR!

#191 OFFLINE   DelMonte

DelMonte

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:17 PM

He’s not very good.

You've started posting more. Go back to posting less. Thanks.

#192 OFFLINE   dave_min

dave_min

Director of Football

• Members
  • 14,169 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:31 PM

Friday afternoon at work is prime AFC-Chat time.

Thanks.

------
2013 Best Newcomer

2014 Best Newcomer

small_gold_star.pngsmall_gold_star.png

Awww Dave, you're super. :-)

#193 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 31,614 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:40 PM

He’s not very good.

Really worthwhile, as per

#194 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 31,614 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:41 PM

Agreed

Horrendous

#195 OFFLINE   CalgaryDon

CalgaryDon

MontrealDon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

Posted 02 November 2018 - 07:44 PM

Great Result. Some hit by Wilson. Players seem to be gathering confidence. I'd stick with the same team for Killie. 

Lowe is a really good player - I hope he retains his place in the team now that Considine is back. Feel Wright is struggling a little in the attacking mid role. I'd consider switching McGinn and Wright around.

#196 ONLINE   muttonhumper

muttonhumper

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,158 posts
  • Joined 06-October 05

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:13 AM

Twitter missing a fuckwit today I see

What has you taking a day off from Twitter have to do with anything?

Strange comment.

Awa n' tak a gnash o' mi bulb

#197 OFFLINE   The Lighthouse

The Lighthouse

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Joined 15-February 09

Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:07 PM

What has you taking a day off from Twitter have to do with anything?

Strange comment.

Solid response.

I was unaware of Mackies stance on the journey towards independence though. Need to start buying Tesco brand ice cream from now on.

#198 OFFLINE   Dr_Manhattan

Dr_Manhattan

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined 21-June 18

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:50 AM

Solid response.

I was unaware of Mackies stance on the journey towards independence though. Need to start buying Tesco brand ice cream from now on.

https://uk.news.yaho...ml?guccounter=1

:whistling:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Match Thread

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users