Scotland

just a change of topic if anyone wants to discuss something different.

having a look on teletext yesterday i noticed that Walter Smith says that the Scotland game against Croatia will cause problems for the OF - Boooooooooo fukin hoooooooo ye greetin faced ***t.

he had pre season and a transfer window to get a team capable of handling the fixtures set out at the start of the season.

Thoughts????

Gergoe Burley will consult Gordon Strachan and Wattie Smith on his squad selections - i dont know where to start with this.

Thoughts????

having a look on teletext yesterday i noticed that Walter Smith says that the Scotland game against Croatia will cause problems for the OF - Boooooooooo fukin hoooooooo ye greetin faced ***t.

he had pre season and a transfer window to get a team capable of handling the fixtures set out at the start of the season.

Thoughts????

Gergoe Burley will consult Gordon Strachan and Wattie Smith on his squad selections - i dont know where to start with this.

Thoughts????

Burley's job is to get best for SCOTLAND and not for the old firm and should do his job on that basis.

Thoughts????

Thoughts????

Thoughts? Good, cause them as much problems as possible. Burley has to call up his strongest squad for his first game in charge

Read this today and thought it was shocking, perhaps had Rangers not pushed for postponments before CL games or used leverage to get time off before Italy game they wouldn't have the backlog they have.

Watty did a fantastic job with Scotland, but he's showing his true colours here.

Walter can fuk off from now on. he wasnt that great with Scotland apart from the france home result. his team and tactics out in Ukraine were a joke. negative 4-5-1 against a team we destoyed over here a year later.

Thoughts????

Thoughts????

just goes to show who ever the old firm manager is they will always winge, summed up by the fact that wattie was the previous manager, well there will be no change in team then just the old firm select, but at the end of the day they are the best scottish players therefore they have right to start for there country, although i do agree with the argument that some players outside the old firm are over looked by the scotland manager, not just WS them all.

just goes to show who ever the old firm manager is they will always winge, summed up by the fact that wattie was the previous manager, well there will be no change in team then just the old firm select, but at the end of the day they are the best scottish players therefore they have right to start for there country, although i do agree with the argument that some players outside the old firm are over looked by the scotland manager, not just WS them all.

not all of them

If we're resting certain "big-name" players (JVoH?) then, off the top of my head, I'd like to see McGregor, Diamond, Stewart, Naismith, Fletcher, Thompson, Whittaker and Robson given a chance.

i'd call up Burke and Fletcher too.

looking at the players who are on the fringe of the squad, the future looks nay too bad ata for the international side

Been saying this for a while now. Got the likes of Naismith, Fletcher, Maloney, Mackie and Riordan (when he gets his move) to come in, all players with a bit of skill rather than just being players who we've had to make do with because there was nobody else (Dobie, Kyle)

Would like to see Burley take a stand with Rangers and Celtic over the release of players though, none of this meeting them halfway nonsense either.

Spot on

• 2 weeks later...
Been saying this for a while now. Got the likes of Naismith, Fletcher, Maloney, Mackie and Riordan (when he gets his move) to come in, all players with a bit of skill rather than just being players who we've had to make do with because there was nobody else (Dobie, Kyle)

Would like to see Burley take a stand with Rangers and Celtic over the release of players though, none of this meeting them halfway nonsense either.

Seems to be indicating on SSn that that is exactly what he's going to do. Good sign, strong manager that's not going to take the OFs sh*t.