Zander Diamond Released By Oldham

...... contract terminated by mutual agreement

Defender Zander Diamond has left Athletic after his contract was terminated by mutual agreement. The former Aberdeen defender who is 27 could have triggered a clause which would give him a second season at Boundary Park on the same terms if he had played another game. His last appearance was at Stevenage seven weeks ago and he has been out with a thigh injury ever since. He only made 23 appearances in his injury-disrupted time at the Latics.

Manager Paul Dickov said, "I would have liked Zander to stay, but contractually that is not possible and finances dictate we cannot keep him. I would like to thank Zander for his efforts and his attitude from day one has been fantastic."

Diamond added, "In the economic climate and with the playing budget set to be cut, the club could not honour that. It is disappointing as I have loved my season here and thought I would be staying. I leave Latics with some good memories and I want to stay in England having had a taste here."

You're a bunch of pillocks.... really.

I've not usually one for wishing ill upon ex-Dandies for the sake of it.

However, by and large, Zander Diamond was a fucking knobend and I was delighted when he left us.

Another Player who just couldn't hack it when the chips were down nor could he handle any form of criticism.

I've not usually one for wishing ill upon ex-Dandies for the sake of it.

However, by and large, Zander Diamond was a fucking knobend and I was delighted when he left us.

Another Player who just couldn't hack it when the chips were down nor could he handle any form of criticism.

Would have to agree with Karl on this...from a promising youngster he turned into a prick of the highest order

haha ah, the responses here are unbelievable

guy that came through our youth ranks, played countless games for us...

and hes getting ripped on here

might interest you no marks to know that diamond was made captain down there and was very much a success

morons

How fucking dare we all have our own different opinions on an ex-Aberdeen player.

You'd think this was a Football Forum or something. :confused:

haha ah, the responses here are unbelievable

guy that came through our youth ranks, played countless games for us...

and hes getting ripped on here

might interest you no marks to know that diamond was made captain down there and was very much a success

morons

Not really considering your short term memory .....

Was glad he left ... He made it clear as day about how he felt and wasn't pro. about leaving .

Only put in a shift when it mattered and was a bombscare

long long line of players our "fans" turn on

how clowns can try and laugh at him here, when hes been released cos oldham cant afford him, is laughable

Think about it MT if he was that good and the captain they would probably found the funds to keep him...as I said he showed promise to begin with... but turned into a big headed dickhead...maybe history has repeated it's self at Oldham... :dontknow:

long long line of players our "fans" turn on

how clowns can try and laugh at him here, when hes been released cos oldham cant afford him, is laughable

Aberdeen fans turning on a player who was consistently shite for two years and frequented local bars screaming Sellick songs at the top of his lungs on numerous weekends.

What a shower of bastards we are :dance:

yeah, maybe, or maybe our "fans" turn on and chase out any of our players who have any modicum of a personality

you know, because theyre all jealous of them that is

You're bonkers.

Jealous of this cunt? :laughing:

FF76B5E5-CA2F-D044-9C0B68EE84E5CF69.jpg

No matter what you think, we Aberdonians are never, ever jealous of yer famous Glasgae patter byrawaybigmanbut.

No matter what you think, we Aberdonians are never, ever jealous of yer famous Glasgae patter byrawaybigmanbut.

Could not agree more.

The weegies fail to understand that trying to give it the big 'I am', wide as the Clyde pish falls on deaf ears.

You're from Glasgow, anything you say is irrelevant, you minkers.

sheer fallacy

aberdonians, by defiintion, are weak

I believe Cosgrove summed it up perfectly and I quote:

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you could measure it by the yard"

Can't put it better than that :thumbup1:

Anyway, Zander never endeared himself to Dandies on two counts:

1) He consistently bottled the big occasions

2) Sellick minded w*nker

If you add that to being a shit Defender then why shouldn't we give him a hard time?

I can name loads of Weegies connected with the Dandies that I'd happily crawl through fire for.

'Big Zander' isna one of them :ThumbsDown:

I believe Cosgrove summed it up perfectly and I quote:

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you could measure it by the yard"

Can't put it better than that :thumbup1:

Anyway, Zander never endeared himself to Dandies on two counts:

1) He consistently bottled the big occasions

2) Sellick minded w*nker

If you add that to being a shit Defender then why shouldn't we give him a hard time?

I can name loads of Weegies connected with the Dandies that I'd happily crawl through fire for.

'Big Zander' isna one of them :ThumbsDown:

Quick one for you Karl...do you think Deano would have been successful in his recent suicide attempt if he