Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

New Stadium Approved

Apparently the architects have been changed, according to someone who was at that Q&A thing last week. The same people who designed Brighton's stadium and Liverpool's new stand.

According to the same fella, club have recently visited Gent, and plan to visit Spurs & Atlanta soon.

Be interesting to see if the design of the stadium changes, though I think it's more likely they'll be looking at things they can include within the stadium to maximise income.

Apparently the architects have been changed, according to someone who was at that Q&A thing last week. The same people who designed Brighton's stadium and Liverpool's new stand.

According to the same fella, club have recently visited Gent, and plan to visit Spurs & Atlanta soon.

Be interesting to see if the design of the stadium changes, though I think it's more likely they'll be looking at things they can include within the stadium to maximise income.

Not sure what they could glean from Spurs and Atlantas mega structures that would be relevant to what we'll be building.

Would rather they were visiting Austria Vienna, Groningen, Young Boyr Bern etc. rather than pie in the sky visits to Atlanta.

Would rather they were visiting Austria Vienna, Groningen, Young Boyr Bern etc. rather than pie in the sky visits to Atlanta.

They've already been to Groningen.

As per last post, they're likely visiting to see how they maximise their income from the stadium rather than actually copying the designs.

They also might be looking at boring stuff. ie Tottenham (and Gent) operate shuttle buses. Atlanta are currently building a pedestrian bridge.

Though if Aberdeen announce a 60,000 capacity stadium with a retractable roof and a wrap around TV screen, which houses their own brewery and has a 100 yard long bar, then I'll take that all back.

• Upvote 2

It will be called the Brewdog Bowl

All craft beers no T in sight

Punk IPA oot oh every tap

Heaven

Fkn poncey shithole.

Cunts kicking about with cord jackets, stupid American Wild West style monstrous taches & carrying man bags. Probably still sporting skinny jeans too.

Do Spurs run shuttle buses!? From where? It's in the same location as the old ground. Wouldn't have thought there was any need in London with its transport infrastructure?

Apparently so.

The stadium area is served by up to 144 buses an hour. Bus routes that stop close to the ground are 149, 259, 279, 349, and W3. A number of buses routes however are subject to diversions on matchdays. The club also operates two high frequency shuttle bus services to the stadium, one from Alexandra Palace via Wood Green (on Piccadilly line) and finishing at Haringey Sixth Form College, and the other from Tottenham Hale to Duke's Aldridge Academy. On match days, roads near the stadium are normally closed to traffic up to three hours before kick-off, and one to one and a half hours after the match. Car parking in the area is controlled on match days.

Apparently so.

The stadium area is served by up to 144 buses an hour. Bus routes that stop close to the ground are 149, 259, 279, 349, and W3. A number of buses routes however are subject to diversions on matchdays. The club also operates two high frequency shuttle bus services to the stadium, one from Alexandra Palace via Wood Green (on Piccadilly line) and finishing at Haringey Sixth Form College, and the other from Tottenham Hale to Duke's Aldridge Academy. On match days, roads near the stadium are normally closed to traffic up to three hours before kick-off, and one to one and a half hours after the match. Car parking in the area is controlled on match days.

For London (so all relative), White Hart Lane was always a bit of a ball ache to get to. No tube station particularly close and even then only one line (Victoria) goes that direction. So getting 60k fans there would cause issues

Changed to or from those guys?

Changed to. KSS they're called or something.

But then I read elsewhere that they're getting another architect firm to run the rule over the previous plans and pick any holes. Then I heard KSS do more corporate stuff, so maybe Halliday Fraser are still doing the main part of the stadium and KSS are just doing interior.

I don't know.

For London (so all relative), White Hart Lane was always a bit of a ball ache to get to. No tube station particularly close and even then only one line (Victoria) goes that direction. So getting 60k fans there would cause issues

Aye, the reason I noticed it was I'll be in London in a few weeks so was gonna go take a spy of the new stadium, and noticed getting there generally includes a lengthy walk from somewhere.

But according to their site the stadium tours haven't actually started yet anyway.