Lets all laugh at Hearts

10 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Cheers mate. 

Especially this year and right now. 343 and pushing on that defence when we could unsettled them. Either right up in their 3rd. Or waiting on a counter from deep. They weren't comfortable. They've lost guys like Tierney and Ajer in quality over the years and originally replaced with poorer players like that big Brighton CH on loan. But now they've no one. Ralston getting a game. Who wasn't even that good at Utd. 

Still decent going forward but found myself happy no Griffiths. 

They are there to be attacked. Especially when you're at home. 

343 are you stupid it was clearly a 541. Lucky win and you will certainly finish in the bottom 4

57 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Hearts looked decent against an admittedly poor sellick.

They will get a boost off that result, but cant see them sustaining decent form for any length of time.

Will depend on signings in next week or two. I admit we're still a few players short, especially to have any kind of away form. But a home win vs No Shame FC is the best way for us to start and will boost the whole club. Great for new faces likes Cochrane and Beni who weren't here the last two years of misery so only know this experience. I think GNandos up front might be a player for us at home this year. We've not seen the best of him, fit, with good service. He's a unit and his Blackpool form was really impressive. 

Our next five games are St Midden away, Victims away in the LC, Aberdeen at home, Utd away, Hibs at home. That'll really tell us what campaign to expect.

5 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Mon then, what’s your predicted results in those 5?

St Mirren away - Hearts draw (think we still need to work on away performances) 

Celtic away - Celtic win (they're still strong going forward) 

Utd away - Hearts win (more as I don't think Utd will do well this year) 

Of the Aberdeen and Hibs games at home. We'll win one, draw the other. Can't decide which way round. Hearts are strong at home and neither Aberdeen or Hibs tend to do well at Tynie. But both are more developed challengers at the top in recent years. Thanks Budge. Really looking forward to a Scott Brown Aberdeen and a cocky Hibs at Tynie. Two stand out fixtures and glad we have these two teams at home first. 

I'm making these predictions assuming we make decent signings the next couple of weeks. Which ARE planned, not just hopeful thinking. 

On 8/2/2021 at 3:52 AM, Wester Hailes Skins said:

St Mirren away - Hearts draw (think we still need to work on away performances) 

Celtic away - Celtic win (they're still strong going forward) 

Utd away - Hearts win (more as I don't think Utd will do well this year) 

Of the Aberdeen and Hibs games at home. We'll win one, draw the other. Can't decide which way round. Hearts are strong at home and neither Aberdeen or Hibs tend to do well at Tynie. But both are more developed challengers at the top in recent years. Thanks Budge. Really looking forward to a Scott Brown Aberdeen and a cocky Hibs at Tynie. Two stand out fixtures and glad we have these two teams at home first. 

I'm making these predictions assuming we make decent signings the next couple of weeks. Which ARE planned, not just hopeful thinking. 

So top after 5 games then?

Ok

• Haha 1
On 8/1/2021 at 1:20 AM, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Beni looked 70 per cent fit. And still different level stuff. Velcro boots and always found a Hearts player. Def pass marks. He's gonna be a player and see why we gave him a 3 year deal. 

Souttar is just our best player by a mile. No injuries and he'd be in the EPL. Rolls Royce centre back. Aberdeen boy too. 

Gordon is one of our own and the best keeper in the league. Won us the game at the end. 

Ginnelly looking good. Physical, fast, good ball, tracks back. 

The 343 is worth sticking with. I personally like GMS but don't think he's got the legs for outright wing play anymore. Think a number 10 role. But don't know how we accommodate that in a 343.

Boyce still drops too deep for me. I want a CF. Not an AMF. But did great unselfish work tonight. But not much of a threat. 

Kingsley and Cochrane both put in a shift and were decent on the ball. Once we've a LCH, Kingsley will move to LWB meaning Cochrane dropped. But I like him. Great energy. Something we've been lacking. 

We still need signings. Halliday, Smith, Halkett especially I think will be benched. Or moved on. 3 more quality players needed in those positions. Weirdly Shankland rumours persist. Not our priority if spending money on fees. 

I think we'll sign better players now. But still don't rate Robbie. Like we might win despite him. 

Not getting carried away at all. But tonight showed character we've been missing. An easy game to draw or lose at the end. We didn't.

Proud of Hearts tonight. Except for Budge looking like she'd won the Championship and the flag was for her. Egomaniac. Again. Should have put that flag in the bucket and just got on with the game. Without the knee.  

Oh. And thanks to Police Scotland for allowing 100 Green Brigade / CSC for a game with no Celtic fans into Gorgie / Roseburn at 6pm with nowhere to go. Inevitable fights and arrests. 

Anyway. Hearts are back. Let's see what the dandies can do now. 

This guy must be their equivalent of Red John. Keeps posting despite no one being interested. 

• Haha 1
  • 9 months later...