Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

I purchased an Alexa (maybe did mention it in here) - it's been in it's box for going on 2 weeks now I think.

Can't be arsed with it.

I find it (a dot connected to existing speakers) useful for turning on the radio, or changing what is playing while doing the dishes. Also for getting the news. Apart fae that pretty pointless. Had it set up to turn on my kettle via a wemo switch also. Id be handy if you had one in every room, but its fairly pointless being able to turn on the kettle when you are in the kitchen anyway.

Ive preordered some Den smart sockets and light switches, thats when my home automation will be getting serious.

Who owns a pair of over ear noise cancelling bluetooth earphones, that they are delighted with? What make and model are these if you dont mind me asking?

Looking to get more serious about the audio game over the next few months, and a big part of that is the quality of the music I hear as I stride about the place, attempting to defy the ravaging behemoth that is mother time.

Da be daft Dad, you want bone induction ones. Noise cancelling ones aren't race legal.

• 2 weeks later...

I've still got a bottle in the back of my scent cupboard with a dribble in it.

Gift from a lady friend circa 1990/91 when we were young still at school lovers. Poke n a wank relationship. Huge sentimental value!

I even remember what I gave her. Beautiful by Estee Lauder.....what a fucking charmer I was.

Sorted.

Gonna source some online

No - but report back son. I'm on the verge of something; whether it be this or Sonos or whatever - a trusted reveiw would be terrific.

Will do. It has been delivered so will get a good play when I'm home on Friday.

I like the idea of being able to link up a few of them for a house wide system.

Yes - and put your TV through a couple for totally portable stereo surroundy sound type setups...The old Sony Gigajuke just wont cut it anymore.

Ach I suppose it does - but Ive a new found passion of minimalistic simplicity...couple of Sonos 5's (more likely 1's or equivalent haha) doing the work and then some of our old fashioned oversized medieval shite.

Got to be honest, faither, I just want to play Tupac's "Hit em up" loud enough to offend the whole street.

Death is too good for this cunt. Look at the state of it...pull your jacket on properly you fucking mess.

Haha - I hear you son; theres a fucking young cunt down below who's been taking the piss somewhat recently with his noisy cunt friends. Will reel him in with an obscene level of noise, then chuck him down the stairs when he trots up to complain. His haircut alone is enough to make you set fire to him. Wee prick.

If it's one of those shaved back and sides, long and floppy on top ala many a footballer, then you have my support. Kick the wee scrotes cunt in.

Got to be honest, faither, I just want to play Tupac's "Hit em up" loud enough to offend the whole street.

Love that song. Often have it on in the shower in the morning.

I wish I could be as passionate about something as they are on that record!

Going to listen to it on break, later

Love that song. Often have it on in the shower in the morning.

I wish I could be as passionate about something as they are on that record!

Going to listen to it on break, later

With a first line as brash as thats why I fucked your bitch, you fat motherfucker, it was only ever going to be a classic.

Tupac at house of blues version (album on Spotify) is the best.

With a first line as brash as thats why I fucked your bitch, you fat motherfucker, it was only ever going to be a classic.

Tupac at house of blues version (album on Spotify) is the best.

I've seen it on Spotify but haven't listened, will check it out tomorrow when home. Cheers

An Ultimate Ears Boom2 speaker.

Anyone got one of them?

Just set up a sound system for the new crib. Theoretically you can sit on the crapper and listen to the game or as is my plan, the kids can play their shitey music in their rooms while me and the missus chill in the garden or by the pool listening to her music, coz mine is deemed unacceptable.