Foo Yi Getting There?

Exactly! What a balls up. We won't bother with a points system for initial sales but will once we sell out. Shambles!

It is no excuse, but they say they're under-staffed.

In reality, everything seems to be focused on the "here and now", e.g. last week it was all about selling tickets for the home leg and they weren't interested in anything else.

What should have happened was they put the away leg tickets on sale, say on Monday, with a points-based phased release each day or half day,

Collection to be made say from Friday onward.

But nobody had the foresight to think of that, or if they did, to actually implement it.

It is no excuse, but they say they're under-staffed.

In reality, everything seems to be focused on the "here and now", e.g. last week it was all about selling tickets for the home leg and they weren't interested in anything else.

What should have happened was they put the away leg tickets on sale, say on Monday, with a points-based phased release each day or half day,

Collection to be made say from Friday onward.

But nobody had the foresight to think of that, or if they did, to actually implement it.

Very poor from whoever does the Customer Service and Ticketing.

Could have even made it 40+ points on Fri, 20+ points Sat, general sale Mon.

General sale straight away was crazy. Hopefully everyone gets but it could be the case of someone who has been to 1 game in 6 years being in the stadium whist a season ticket holder is sat outside.

Piss poor AFC!!!!

IF we don't get more tickets tomorrow and some who have booked flights and hotels miss out on match tickets someone at the club should be getting their P45.

Very poor from whoever does the Customer Service and Ticketing.

Could have even made it 40+ points on Fri, 20+ points Sat, general sale Mon.

General sale straight away was crazy. Hopefully everyone gets but it could be the case of someone who has been to 1 game in 6 years being in the stadium whist a season ticket holder is sat outside.

Piss poor AFC!!!!

IF we don't get more tickets tomorrow and some who have booked flights and hotels miss out on match tickets someone at the club should be getting their P45.

Just have a few days in Napa instead m8.

Going to the game is a hindrance to an enjoyable few days away anyway if you ask me.

Luxembourg last year being prime example. A cunt of a trek to the game from the main area in town would have been better spent getting mangled in the titty bars

Going to the game is a hindrance to an enjoyable few days away anyway if you ask me.

Luxembourg last year being prime example. A cunt of a trek to the game from the main area in town would have been better spent getting mangled in the titty bars

Aye cos games at Gothenburg, Dnipro, Bayern were shite too. :nutso:

For anyone travelling not to get a ticket would be a disgrace since the club never advised on our ticket allocation or advised supporters to wait before booking flights and hotels (both costly) and then sold the few tickets they had without the points system before realising they'd fucked up and started a reserve list with a points system.

Absolute shambles!!!!

Hopefully we get additional tickets today but if not the club should help out those who missed out or at least admit their mistake(s).

Aye cos games at Gothenburg, Dnipro, Bayern were shite too. :nutso:

For anyone travelling not to get a ticket would be a disgrace since the club never advised on our ticket allocation or advised supporters to wait before booking flights and hotels (both costly) and then sold the few tickets they had without the points system before realising they'd fucked up and started a reserve list with a points system.

Absolute shambles!!!!

Hopefully we get additional tickets today but if not the club should help out those who missed out or at least admit their mistake(s).

I was too young to get smashed at Gothenburg so the game there (ECWC final one) wasn't a distraction.

It's all about the piss up, titty bars and drugs. The game comes second every time.

I was too young to get smashed at Gothenburg so the game there (ECWC final one) wasn't a distraction.

It's all about the piss up, titty bars and drugs. The game comes second every time.

Every time?

Dnipro? Highlight was the game non?

If you were old enough to get "smashed" at Gothenburg that would have been better than the game too would it?

If that's your mind set fair enough but for some its not and for those not to get a ticket would be a disgrace. That is my point!

I know you are taking the piss and on the wind up, but anyway.

I see to remember it was a fairly pleasant and short bus ride to the ground. :)

It was only €4 for a public transport day tickert covering the whole country's trains and buses, so a visit to Esch-sur-Alzette was made on the train to partake of a few beers there.

I know you are taking the piss and on the wind up, but anyway.

I see to remember it was a fairly pleasant and short bus ride to the ground. :)

It was only 4 for a public transport day tickert covering the whole country's trains and buses, so a visit to Esch-sur-Alzette was made on the train to partake of a few beers there.

What a waste of 4. Any public transport system that relies on the honour system should be abused.

Luxembourg was by far the coldest I've ever been at a game of fitba' and I say that as a ST holder in the 'X'.

Apollon had a message on their facebook encouraging fans to buy tickets soon due to increased demand from Aberdeen. Don't know if that means they've given us more and they are warning their fans there's less for them or if they are waiting to see how many they have left tomorrow/wed before giving us some more.

Apollon had a message on their facebook encouraging fans to buy tickets soon due to increased demand from Aberdeen. Don't know if that means they've given us more and they are warning their fans there's less for them or if they are waiting to see how many they have left tomorrow/wed before giving us some more.

Not great for people flying or already there with no ticket.

The information from AFC has been pathetic.

If they knew/thought they were only getting a small allocation why did they not tell supporters to wait before booking flights?

They'd never tell fans to wait to book. Even if they did people would still book up to get the cheapest deals. If we're playing an away game in a 7k stadium there was always the chance we'd get only a few hundred tickets and that's the risk you take when booking these trips.

Where they fucked up was not using the loyalty points system. People who go to these games regularly would have booked up in the expectation that even if we got 200 tickets they'd be fine. And if you didn't get a ticket you wouldn't have much grounds for complaint as you'd know those who did get tickets went to more games than you - which is the system we've all become used to.

Couldn't give less of a shit about the guys going mainly for the party in Ayia Napa. It's the ones who've been to see us play in the Macedonias, Latvias and Bosnias that I feel for if they end up missing out.

I know plenty went and got tickets in Madrid on the day of the Atletico game, such was the similarities to this.

People won't wait to book their travel to these games. That isn't the club's responsibilities.

On a loyalty basis, I could have rocked up and got tickets before anyone else and I've not been to an away Euro game in almost 10 years.

I know plenty went and got tickets in Madrid on the day of the Atletico game, such was the similarities to this.

People won't wait to book their travel to these games. That isn't the club's responsibilities.

On a loyalty basis, I could have rocked up and got tickets before anyone else and I've not been to an away Euro game in almost 10 years.

I'm gutted not to get a ticket - my only past European trip was Munich in 2008 but I did make the trek to Glasgow in 2014 and got off my arse to go to the Cup Final last season (gave the League Cup a miss as it's only a diddy cup)... definitely deserving I reckon ;)

I ended up in the home end for that one.

Atletico closed the day-of-game Aberdeen ticket window at the Vicente Calderon early, even though there were thousands of thousands of empty seats in the ground.

Fortunately there was no segregation so I just walked over and joined the main body of the Aberdeen support... .those who bought AFC allocation on the day were trapped in a ludicrous position away at the top, round the other corner of the stadium

This was pre loyalty points and I was out of town when the tickets went on sale, so couldn't join the Liverpool-esque queue on Pittodrie Street.

Its not the clubs responsibility but they could have advised not to book if they knew we were only getting 5% of 7400 so 370tickets. After that if you booked and didn´t get after the loyalty points system was used then its your own fault.

To give no advice and then use no loyalty system is contemptuous.

There will be people with tickets who have been to single figure games in the last 5 years with tickets while more regular attenders miss out.

Piss poor and a clear balls up.

The fact the club have been silent since the "SOLD OUT trying to get more" notice came up 3 days ago is a shocker too.

Its not the clubs responsibility but they could have advised not to book if they knew we were only getting 5% of 7400 so 370tickets. After that if you booked and didn´t get after the loyalty points system was used then its your own fault.

To give no advice and then use no loyalty system is contemptuous.

There will be people with tickets who have been to single figure games in the last 5 years with tickets while more regular attenders miss out.

Piss poor and a clear balls up.

The fact the club have been silent since the "SOLD OUT trying to get more" notice came up 3 days ago is a shocker too.

On your first point, who would listen? They'd book and then work the rest out later.

Loyalty points system is a balls up, I'd agree. As I said in the other thread, all they can do is try and get more tickets and communicate with those that have informed them of their wish for a ticket. And learn from their mistakes.

As I said in the other thread, all they can do is try and get more tickets and communicate with those that have informed them of their wish for a ticket. And learn from their mistakes.

I know the club has been in touch with some people on the waiting list.

But open communication does wonders.

Come out and admit you made a mistake and you will at least get some credit for that.

Maybe they have been spending the last 3 days preparing their SPFL-style press release for when it becomes clear that we aren't getting any more tickets.

Then wait and see the anger from those who have missed out (there are 150+ I have heard).

On your first point, who would listen? They'd book and then work the rest out later.

Loyalty points system is a balls up, I'd agree. As I said in the other thread, all they can do is try and get more tickets and communicate with those that have informed them of their wish for a ticket. And learn from their mistakes.

Zero communication since lunchtime Friday.

I questioned the club re non use of loyalty points and was told there was no time so they won't learn as they think they've made no mistake.

I know the club has been in touch with some people on the waiting list.

But open communication does wonders.

Come out and admit you made a mistake and you will at least get some credit for that.

Maybe they have been spending the last 3 days preparing their SPFL-style press release for when it becomes clear that we aren't getting any more tickets.

Then wait and see the anger from those who have missed out (there are 150+ I have heard).

I believe they started a loyalty points system for those on the waiting list but not for initial sales.

Absolute shambles!