The Most Excellent Cities In The World

alscotoz

If thats your opinions of the patrons here then perhaps you should fuck off to a site for easily offended bent types.

Plenty globetrotters on here.

I love globetrotting. Particularly booking the day before going, no accommodation, completely wing it, pished every day, shagging in hostels. The good life.

Booked up to go there in February. Any tips?

There's a fair few bars round old town which are decent enough. Plenty places to sit outside, maybe nae the best in February but there's plenty patio heaters so it would be fine.

We ended up at a bar called Cooltura at the end of each night which is a bit of a weird place but I quite liked it.

You can get the train to Sopot for a day which is lively but it's a bit more expensive than Gdansk.

The strippers are a bit dodgy. The one in the main square got raided for spiking people and wiping credit cards...may or may not put you off.

Best thing about it is how cheap it is. We stayed in a very nice apartment for about 80 quid each for 5 nights. Food and drink are very cheap also which is ace.

Weirdly I wouldn't say it's got exceptional nightlife or anything but something about the place I really like.

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc

I dont care about he price of pints

I just drink them wherever I go

Thanks m8. Was needing a quote about you in case something terrible ever happened.

There's a fair few bars round old town which are decent enough. Plenty places to sit outside, maybe nae the best in February but there's plenty patio heaters so it would be fine.

We ended up at a bar called Cooltura at the end of each night which is a bit of a weird place but I quite liked it.

You can get the train to Sopot for a day which is lively but it's a bit more expensive than Gdansk.

The strippers are a bit dodgy. The one in the main square got raided for spiking people and wiping credit cards...may or may not put you off.

Best thing about it is how cheap it is. We stayed in a very nice apartment for about 80 quid each for 5 nights. Food and drink are very cheap also which is ace.

Weirdly I wouldn't say it's got exceptional nightlife or anything but something about the place I really like.

Nice one cheers. Flights were peanuts and from Aberdeen so happy days.

Going with the Mrs so might have to give the dodgy strippers a swerve, never say never though :laughing:

Always wondered how York ended up having such a shite fitba team.

Its always been a lack of real investment really.The stadium is in the heart of the city,or was.Theyre building a community stadium at the mo,so old ground will be sold off for £millions-possibly to pay for Jackie McNamara wage thieving activities.

Will be interesting to see if any is reinvested in the playing side.

They used have a decent core home support of about 3-4K which at lower league level is decent.

Leeds United are only 45 mins or so away so that takes some of the locals away,glory hunting cunts,kind of...

A reasonable argument but cheap pints would most likely offend Parky

You just keep saying that I'm offended, when I've said nothing of the sort. You incapable of thinking up any other patter?

Anyway, favourite places I've visited (in no particular order):

- Barcelona

- Berlin

- New York

- Paris

- Venice

- Rome

- Toronto

Places I'm nae so keen on:

- Edinburgh

- Marseille

- Milan

Looking forward to visiting the Basque Country in a couple of months.

Edit:

I should add London as a top place. Forgot since I'm there every week.