Dominic Ball

He's lost Reynolds, Hoban and McKenna to injury to be fair to McInnes. But when you sign Hoban and Devlin you do run the risk of this happening.

We've hardly been leaking a lot of goals so I'd be tempted to just cobble on by.

Of course DM could just be making noises for the sake of it and for instance we've always been in the queue for Dmitri Mitchell or similar

McInnes interview stating the need to sign more defenders due to injuries.

1st game of season, squad depth showed up.

Concerning that a striker isn't number one priority.

Embarrassing that the squad depth has (or lack of it) has already been shown to be insufficient in defence now & always was up front.

All brought on by McInnes himself. Especially the striker situation.

As for defence, he ran this risk by A. Signing 'former' crocks on a gamble & B. Not signing an actual FB knowing we would be missing our ONLY FB for first three games as it was.

Now we are going to end up signing shit to average (at best) squad fillers to make up for the holes in defence & that is extra funds taken away from the forward areas where it has been required for months

He's lost Reynolds, Hoban and McKenna to injury to be fair to McInnes. But when you sign Hoban and Devlin you do run the risk of this happening.

We've hardly been leaking a lot of goals so I'd be tempted to just cobble on by.

Of course DM could just be making noises for the sake of it and for instance we've always been in the queue for Dmitri Mitchell or similar

Why have you made that up?

Seriously?

That hes awful or why? I just think he plays defensive midfield and is decent enough. He goes to right back and his game collapses. A contrast would be someone like shinnie going from fullback to central midfield. He shouldn't be this bad.

That hes awful or why? I just think he plays defensive midfield and is decent enough. He goes to right back and his game collapses. A contrast would be someone like shinnie going from fullback to central midfield. He shouldn't be this bad.

Totally different requirements, and positioning totally different. As someone has said, hes continually looking to press rather than maintain a disciplined back line. Hes not aware of movements round the back as hes used to not having to worry - he can pass runners onto his back 4 normally. All this means he is being caught out of position.

Get him back into centre mid. A fine central midfielder but certainly not a right back.

Ball has been hopeless for us this season. Constantly gave the ball away in the first leg V Burnley, tried his best to do the same in the second. Tried to gift the huns a goal early on today, and gave away a ridiculous penalty. As soon as he has any time to think about what to do with the ball, he makes a cunt of it. If he's not good enough for Rotherham, he shouldn't be good enough for us FFS.

• Downvote 7

He had Harrington (a right back) on the bench. If hes not good enough to play, dont give him a shirt.

Logan plays right back for us , when he is suspended/injured his deputy ( Harrington ) steps in. If Harrington does well it puts pressure on Logan to do better? If he doesn't do well we offload him and look for another promising deputy from the lower leagues. This is how it should work and not to be shifting players out from their best and natural positions. DMC failing again to run the team properly.

Ball did fine at RB today but is not the answer.

I agree with the sentiment why put Harrington on the bench if you don't feel he's capable of starting?

I can perhaps see the argument of it being Sevco and not wanting to throw him in. But would he play him against say Dundee? I doubt he would.

Having watched the analysis on Sportscene i will have to recant my point that Ball did fine.

Amazing how you see things differently in the stand, but he was all over the shop.

Unless Hoban makes a recovery, Dom Ball will be at RB against Dundee.

Personally I'd chuck in Harrington. Sink or swim, but it's only Dundee...

Totally different requirements, and positioning totally different. As someone has said, hes continually looking to press rather than maintain a disciplined back line. Hes not aware of movements round the back as hes used to not having to worry - he can pass runners onto his back 4 normally. All this means he is being caught out of position.

Get him back into centre mid. A fine central midfielder but certainly not a right back.

Felt a bit sorry for him. He was trying to make something happen when he had the ball but he was a bit lost when he only had the left side of the pitch to pass to.

Part of the reason we were slow to attack was the amount of time it was taking Ball and Considine to pick a pass. Made the constant passing sideways to stretch the Huns futile.

Why have you made that up?

what is made up?

Just a player who is available for loan and hasn't been released from his club yet.

As one of the better players in Scotland last season DM will probably be aware.

I doubt we'll move for a LB though as left back is one of our strongest positions as Consi proved again yesterday.

Ball has been hopeless for us this season. Constantly gave the ball away in the first leg V Burnley, tried his best to do the same in the second. Tried to gift the huns a goal early on today, and gave away a ridiculous penalty. As soon as he has any time to think about what to do with the ball, he makes a cunt of it. If he's not good enough for Rotherham, he shouldn't be good enough for us FFS.

Please tell me this is a joke Ive missed or something.

He was one of our best players in the first leg vs Burnley

• Downvote 1

what is made up?

Just a player who is available for loan and hasn't been released from his club yet.

As one of the better players in Scotland last season DM will probably be aware.

I doubt we'll move for a LB though as left back is one of our strongest positions as Consi proved again yesterday.

You said we've always been interested in Demi Mitchell.

What's that based on?

You said we've always been interested in Demi Mitchell.

What's that based on?

No I never

I said IF we've always been waiting on a loan full back then DM is making noises for the sake of it.

If he has actually changed plans on how to build his squad it's poor management.

Wow. Two players get injured in the space of a couple of days and it's poor management?

Yes, in my opinion it would be poor use of resources to bring in a centre back this month.

I noted previously we may have ALWAYS been looking for an extra full back so thats got nothing to do with Reynolds, Hoban and McKenna injuries

Yes, in my opinion it would be poor use of resources to bring in a centre back this month.

I noted previously we may have ALWAYS been looking for an extra full back so thats got nothing to do with Reynolds, Hoban and McKenna injuries

That's fine then.

I thought you were complaining about what we have already done defence wise.

No I never

I said IF we've always been waiting on a loan full back then DM is making noises for the sake of it.

If he has actually changed plans on how to build his squad it's poor management.

To me that's you stating that McInnes was always wanting Demi Mitchell or if not him he wanted someone else. When were we ever linked with Demi Mitchell?

You're just opening your gob and hot air is being expelled.

That's fine then.

I thought you were complaining about what we have already done defence wise.

Agree that what we've added defence wise so far is pretty good - credit where it's due there.

Devlin looks good, Hoban from the little we have seen also looks solid. Ball is decent as a defensive mid.

As always I'm longing for a proper full back or 2 to be added but can't argue with what we have added some far.