The Last Jedi

BWG

That sums it up for me.

I've read plenty of the back story being the nerd I am, but it's not so much the storyline that's put me off it's some of the scenes. I've mentioned a couple in white below.

Agree with that. Couple of scenes where I almost thought they'd totally fucked it, but I think the rest of the film actually was great so I just accepted the shite to get the good stuff.

Some really really good scenes in there I thought

It's weird isn't it.

It is an enjoyable film, moves at a fair pace for 2.5hrs but you do come out of it feelibg that something isn't quite right about it.

I think it's because we're nae 6 anymore and it would be impossible to make a film like the one we experienced back then. I just think it's going to have some major flaws and cringeworthy moments and enjoy the rest, which is generally pretty fucking cool.

Maybe giving it too easy a ride and letting the director off with a hell of a lot but I really enjoyed it going in with that sort of expectation....

Fuck knows. Anyway would really like to watch it again to see if my opinion changes

I think it's because we're nae 6 anymore and it would be impossible to make a film like the one we experienced back then. I just think it's going to have some major flaws and cringeworthy moments and enjoy the rest, which is generally pretty fucking cool.

Maybe giving it too easy a ride and letting the director off with a hell of a lot but I really enjoyed it going in with that sort of expectation....

Fuck knows. Anyway would really like to watch it again to see if my opinion changes

I said to my mate after it that were maybe just too old for it all now...

Another mates wee boy loved it. Hes 8

• 2 weeks later...

Got into a discussion with my brother who hated it (I quite enjoyed it, not perfect but enjoyable). I didn't get why he hated it so much. His reasons were the force was stupid etc.

So I asked him if he even liked Star Wars and what his favourite was. He replied Revenge of the Sith.

I stopped talking to him about Star Wars after that.