A lot of McInnes hate on here at the moment, but in both Leigh and Hedges he has made a couple of really good signings over last summer.

Hedges seems like the player McGinn was when we first signed him and Leigh has been a complete revelation. Versatile, comfortable on the ball and with a proper engine on him. We need him signed up long term

Leigh has been a pleasant surprise for sure. Better so than Hedges. Hedges has been a little bit underwhelming if truth be told considering he was touted as a future great/regular for Wales.

Been a lil bit meh on that count. He’s been decent enough, just not overly exciting. Decent passing & movement/link up play. Would like to see more of him Ferguson link up

• Like 1

The RedTV commentators were really talking up Hedges against County. Think he has a lot of potential but perhaps suffering from low confidence. I noticed he celebrated really hard when his goal went in - relief perhaps?

Leigh certainly does positive things. Can't shake the feeling that he's gonna lose the ball whenever he has it though. He's got a kind of clumsy, laboured running style.

A lot of McInnes hate on here at the moment, but in both Leigh and Hedges he has made a couple of really good signings over last summer.

Hedges seems like the player McGinn was when we first signed him and Leigh has been a complete revelation. Versatile, comfortable on the ball and with a proper engine on him. We need him signed up long term

Yes, it's encouraging to see a few good ones emerge. We just need them to deliver consistently in the second half of the season and third place will be within our grasp.

• 10 months later...

I think its great signing. He did well last season and I think he'll be even better with the current side.

I'd much rather sign Greg Leigh then what the rest of the league has at left back (outside The Rangers and Celtic).

We were willing to pay a fee for him at the end of his loan prior to Covid and have now managed to get him on a free.

The way Hoban was given a license to get forward on Friday night then it could be interesting having Leigh offering that from LCB position.

I'm not convinced a three at the back of Hoban, Taylor and Leigh is good enough defensively but that's another story. 

Consi is not fast enough to play the middle position for more than filling in for 1 game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
17 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Yeah, but Hayes is currently playing that LWB position. Kennedy on the right, when back. Can't see anyone else being dropped atm. Could be good backup, but not sure if he fits straight into the First Team.

Good cover for Hayes in the LWB  position or he maybe able to shift Considine from the LCH position in a back 3 . Has the pace to play there