Films

Guest milne_afc
19 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Beats on the iplayer. Fucking class. Few cunts on here will relate, Ultrasonic the opening music. Made me greet for my lost youth a bit. 

Get this cunt banned from this thread.

Fucking pish.

Spell.

While flying to his father's funeral in rural Appalachia, an intense storm causes Marquis to lose control of the plane carrying himself and his family. He soon awakens wounded, alone and trapped in Ms. Eloise's attic. Eloise claims she can nurse him back to health with a hoodoo figure she's made from his blood and skin. Unable to call for help, Marquis desperately tries to break free from her dark magic and save his family from a sinister ritual before the rise of the blood moon.

Hokum. 6/10

2 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Get this cunt banned from this thread.

Fucking pish.

Are you tripping? TBF I was fucking steamboats last night when I watched it. Think my view of it was influenced by the boy wearing a kappa jumper similar to one I used to rock. 

I stand by it though, class film, made me cry. 

5 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Brilliant book this on the same subject (just noticed its going for £60 online, sure i got it for £3-£5 fae fopp late 90s)

04164777-5-C21-4-F33-9811-23327-E1-FD6-D

I've not read that one.  Cheers, will try and get it at a cheaper price than that! 

I read McGhee's book a few years ago.  It's on the 2 for £6 list at HMV these days.  That offer has kept me going through covid! 

34 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I've not read that one.  Cheers, will try and get it at a cheaper price than that! 

I read McGhee's book a few years ago.  It's on the 2 for £6 list at HMV these days.  That offer has kept me going through covid! 

Its yours for £50, hat mates rates.

Big thick mother of a book. 

Ive got a Lee Mavers book that became discontinued and was going for £150+ so i held on waiting for it to appreciate and it got republished and sold for a tenner. Its yours for £7. 

1 minute ago, Simply Red said:

Its yours for £50, hat mates rates.

Big thick mother of a book. 

Ive got a Lee Mavers book that became discontinued and was going for £150+ so i held on waiting for it to appreciate and it got republished and sold for a tenner. Its yours for £7. 

Is that the 'searching for the la' s' book?  If so I've got that one. 

Thanks for the offer but I pick up my music books second hand on ebay or in charity shops mainly for a couple of quid tops! 2 for £6 on  HMV for new books is my version of splashing out! 

Good luck though, someone will buy it, never ceases to amaze me how much folk pay for stuff on ebay etc. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Is that the 'searching for the la' s' book?  If so I've got that one. 

Thanks for the offer but I pick up my music books second hand on ebay or in charity shops mainly for a couple of quid tops! 2 for £6 on  HMV for new books is my version of splashing out! 

Good luck though, someone will buy it, never ceases to amaze me how much folk pay for stuff on ebay etc. 

Aye thats the one. Read it years ago and remember nothing about it except being underwhelmed. Took me a while to find it iirc.

I wouldnt sell any of my music stuff. HMV deal sounds decent. Dont have time to read thesedays. Too busy on my phone (hoor a thing)

1 minute ago, Simply Red said:

Aye thats the one. Read it years ago and remember nothing about it except being underwhelmed. Took me a while to find it iirc.

I wouldnt sell any of my music stuff. HMV deal sounds decent. Dont have time to read thesedays. Too busy on my phone (hoor a thing)

There's a few decent books on there. Got a JAMC one and a klf one for £6 total the other week. 

1 hour ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Shutter Island 8/10 - think I last saw it at the flicks when it came out

Communion (Walken and Aliens) now

That was dire - not as good as i remembered 

Cop Land now 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

Bohemian Rhapsody - Film aboot Queen. Better than I thought it was gonna be, felt sorry for Freddie at the end. Don't think there was any tits. 7/10

Thought that was pish 

24 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

My first cinema date when I was 15,  got the bus 20 miles to Inverness to watch Roxanne. Now that's dedication. 

Edit.  She was on the bus as well. 

A thing like Steve Martin’s nose poking up through the popcorn bucket? 

On 3/6/2021 at 7:34 AM, styrofoamplates said:

Coming 2 America. Not a patch on the first one. Decent enough with a few funny bits. Lots of blacks. Nae tits. 6/10. 

Was looking forward to that but saw the reviews and gave it the swerve.

Probably best really as blacks should not be there for white peoples entertainment.