See to be honest, 2014 was great as a one-off, but a large proportion of it was folk who never go and probably haven't been back since. The Inverness end was shite so wasn't even any back and forth between the fans. Apart from the odd burst it was a terrible atmosphere.

A one-off was good, but 50/50 split, us and Hearts, proper rivalry. Levein's tears. It'd be superb.

The build up was amazing, then as soon as Hayes went off, it was a bit nervy the whole game until the explosion at Rooneys pen!

50/50 with Hearts would be a great advert for Scottish football I’d hope, as long as they don’t bring loads of tourists....... ;)

Lennon isn't a great manager and since going back to the tattie dome he has been putting out weaker teams, due to favouring fringe players. So we have a chance alright.

But we are missing important players and I am nervous at the thought of having stewart and ball in the team. The latter is so unpredictable - which isn't what you want in defence - and he hasn't looked good in the last couple of games.

If the likes of livi can get a point at parkhead, we can beat them at hampden. They have the look of a team slowing up because they know the league is won.

But they will identified Sunday at probably their last big threat to 9 trophies in a row. I don't think we'll catch them being complacent. I guess you can say they've taken their foot off the gas a little bit but they've not lost this year, I don't think so it's still going to be a huge challenge. Not that anyone is disputing that, obviously. I think we have a chance though.

Feeling more confident about this game the closer it gets.

For those that have predicted Ferguson and Deano to start I'm afraid that isn't going to happen. This isn't Simmie and Tattie we're speaking about here. I'd expect Gleeson in there or McInnes might even do his usual and pick Devlin and go three at the back with McGinn and Lowe as wingbacks with Ball going into midfield.

Not going to make Hampden but I've found a bar in Chicago to watch this in so I'll be noising up some of the Irish in there.

2-1 Aberdeen aet.

Full team I’d be scarily up for it. Weakened team with no full back against Hayes....meh.

Jambo final would be cracking day out. Shite hoof ball like.

Would be absolutely horrendous viewing for a neutral!

If anyone has an doubts about why Scottish football has dropped so far behind our traditional contemporaries, tune into a Hearts vs Aberdeen match. The two biggest clubs in the country outside of Sevco and Celtic. Managed by two extremely tactically limited managers, bereft of any imagination or creativity, who employ the most horrifically negative and unattractive approach possible, in order to grind out results. They're both good at it... but what they play isn't football - it certainly wouldn't be considered football outside of Scotland. Neither one of those managers could ever dream of being successful outwith the realms of the SPFL.

Feeling more confident about this game the closer it gets.

For those that have predicted Ferguson and Deano to start I'm afraid that isn't going to happen. This isn't Simmie and Tattie we're speaking about here. I'd expect Gleeson in there or McInnes might even do his usual and pick Devlin and go three at the back with McGinn and Lowe as wingbacks with Ball going into midfield.

Not going to make Hampden but I've found a bar in Chicago to watch this in so I'll be noising up some of the Irish in there.

2-1 Aberdeen aet.

Agree about middle of the park. Different playing against Jack for example but Lego heed is a sneaky fucker who always seems to get his way so needs somebody like Gleeson or as you say Ball to stifle his influence.

Would prefer a Aberdeen/ICT final. Not because it would be an easier game, but we'd probably have 40k of us at Hampden for it.

I doubt it.

We had 43K for a League Cup Final v ICT that we hadn't won in 19 years.

No reason why we couldn't get similar v ICT for a Scottish Cup Final that we haven't won in 29 years.

Yes, but 'TheRock' stated 40K and ICT only brought 10K last time.

(Forgot about ParkRed tbh.)

I don't think we'd sell the same again, even if 43,000 tickets were available.

Last time, much of the excitement was over how good the semi-final had been - the atmosphere, winning 4-0, everyone pished. Beating Celtic seven days later didn't hurt either. There was a feeling we were going to steamroller Inverness and that Parkred would be like Tynecastle but on a much bigger scale, and everyone wanted to be there for it.

Even beating Celtic on Sunday wouldn't lead to the same anticipation this time I don't think.

If we were to play ict in The Final we'd get circa 30k.

Loads of "hingers on" get tickets for The Scottish Cup Final.

30k would be ample too imo.

Last time, much of the excitement was over how good the semi-final had been - the atmosphere, winning 4-0, everyone pished. Beating Celtic seven days later didn't hurt either. There was a feeling we were going to steamroller Inverness and that Parkred would be like Tynecastle but on a much bigger scale, and everyone wanted to be there for it.

Even beating Celtic on Sunday wouldn't lead to the same anticipation this time I don't think.

Yep, agreed with both of these - we'd end up with somewhere between 30k and 35k for a final against ICT at Hampden. 

They would probably get about 10k tickets and there are at least 5,000 hingers-on as Betty says who get tickets for every cup final, including member clubs and associations, debentures etc etc. 

'The Rock' said 40K...

Would prefer a Aberdeen/ICT final. Not because it would be an easier game, but we'd probably have 40k of us at Hampden for it.

I said 'similar'...

No reason why we couldn't get similar v ICT for a Scottish Cup Final that we haven't won in 29 years.

If we were to play ict in The Final we'd get circa 30k.

Loads of "hingers on" get tickets for The Scottish Cup Final.

30k would be ample too imo.

I'm not counting chickens, but if we get to the Final v ICT, I'll go 36K.

Fair enough.

For a Scottish cup final v ICT

You guys think we wouldn't sell as much as we did v them in the LC final?

After knocking out the TWO arse cheeks on route. Fk the French & their en bs

The fact that we would have knocked out both arsecheeks en route to the final is neither here nor there. Hampden’s capacity is 8k less than Celtic Park. That’s pretty much the only salient point here.

The fact that we would have knocked out both arsecheeks en route to the final is neither here nor there. Hampden’s capacity is 8k less than Celtic Park. That’s pretty much the only salient point here.

Is there an area of Hampden that would go unsold above the ICT fans when the police don’t let them be sold to us?

• Upvote 1