Chris Clark Signs

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, we won f**k all four years ago either no thanks to Clark.

Clark was an absolute pansy when played in the centre of midfield and lived off one decent cross against Caley about 12 years ago.

Was it 200k odd we got for him? No wonder Plymouth went down the shitpipe.

I'm not saying he's a saviour for us or anything like that but I don't think it's a disaster if he does sign.

I suppose we will see soon enough

Clark was an absolute pansy when played in the centre of midfield and lived off one decent cross against Caley about 12 years ago.

I actually think that had we kept Clark and Hart till the end of the season, the QotS would not have happened, and we would have made far more than we took in their transfer fees.

The ONLY reason I can see this happening is that he can play in several positions - full back, wide mid and centre mid.

Handy sub to have as he can cover various players.

I'm TRYING to be positive

Wouldn't be too bothered at all with Clark on the right wing but that is just one position of many that needs to be filled.

Competent player and hard worker although he never did have much of an end product and scored about once every four years with a deflection. Times are tough and if we do need a bit of cheap capable experience. Clark fits that bill.

Not a disaster as such as he's not a bombscare or anything, it'd just be a lazy signing and wouldn't be a massive improvement on what we've seen in recent years.

Happy to be proved wrong if he signs though.

I reckon he would improve last season joke side. certainly has a better attitude.

So a higher paid version of Derek Young?

Personally think there's a huge gap between what we saw last season and what we as Aberdeen fans should be expecting, Clark falls in between that gap. Probably an improvement in some ways, but don't expect us to zip up the league just because we've got Clark instead of Young.

he's a better player than Derek Young as far as I'm concerned, his passing and movement off the ball is much better for a start.

there's no way we will be zipping up the league just because he signs, if he does. its an improvement which is a start, we can't expect miracles overnight.

So a higher paid version of Derek Young?

Personally think there's a huge gap between what we saw last season and what we as Aberdeen fans should be expecting, Clark falls in between that gap. Probably an improvement in some ways, but don't expect us to zip up the league just because we've got Clark instead of Young.

The best thing you can say is that he's versatile, and with a paper thin squad its handy to have one of them on your squad.

IF he's a squad filler/bench warmer then fine.

If he's a first pick every week, then another season of mediocrity awaits.

PS - Where's this stellar signing Broon was going on about when Hartley retired?!

The best thing you can say is that he's versatile, and with a paper thin squad its handy to have one of them on your squad.

IF he's a squad filler/bench warmer then fine.

If he's a first pick every week, then another season of mediocrity awaits.

PS - Where's this stellar signing Broon was going on about when Hartley retired?!

The negatives with Clark?

31 in September, and a rank rotten goals/games ratio. 1 every 30 games FFS.

Still, would rather have him than they guy from the non league whose name and club I've forgotten already!