The News Of The World - Closed!

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Police have uncovered emails from 2007 that confirm the purchasing of the personal contact details of the royal family and their network of friends from a royal personal protection officer.

These emails were reviewed by N.I executives but not passed onto police. This goes to the top and smacks of a cover-up.

They are fucked.

Hopefully Murdoch Jr. will find himself in a prison cell.

Police have uncovered emails from 2007 that confirm the purchasing of the personal contact details of the royal family and their network of friends from a royal personal protection officer.

These emails were reviewed by N.I executives but not passed onto police. This goes to the top. They are f**ked.

The reality is that everyone knew this was going on for some time.

It's only now that an issue is being made of it.

Probably in connection with the BSkyB thing, Murdoch looks to have upset someone very powerful.

It's always the same, upset somebody, smear campaign, gone.

Sky Television's monopolistic grip on football needs addressed too.

I don't see what the big deal is, who cares if they tapped into peoples phones??

If you have nothing to hide why fear someone listening to your voice mails.

So dead people's relatives are fair game, simply because they had 'nothing to hide' are they?

What about their privacy, and of course basic human decency and respect?

You're talking pish.

I don't see what the big deal is, who cares if they tapped into peoples phones??

The news of the World was the best Sunday by a country mile, I'll miss it. Hopefully the new Sun on Sunday comes out soon.

the NOTW was nothing but a joke paper filled with pointless celebrity gossip and terrible football reporting.

those people and I don't just mean the talentless f**k wits that pass as celebrities, I'm talking about regular people like the victims of 7/7 or 9/11 families. They may not having anything to hide buy they also have the right to privacy and not to have their grief or any of their other business flaunted in public.

Imagine the scenario, your kid has been shot in Iraq, would you really care if someone then tapped into your voicemail??

99% of us probably have the same things on it anyway............aye geez a shout when you get a minute, blah blah blah......

Big deal over nothing, the government and police have been tapping our phones for years anyway.

Imagine the scenario, your kid has been shot in Iraq, would you really care if someone then tapped into your voicemail??

99% of us probably have the same things on it anyway............aye geez a shout when you get a minute, blah blah blah......

Big deal over nothing, the government and police have been tapping our phones for years anyway.

The corridors of Westminster aka the government ARE one and the same bunch of reptiles occupying the boardrooms of the newspapers.

So, effectively, the government are behind this. I imagine there were many in Westminster who knew exactly what was happening.

Only when working class moral outrage hit them, did they do something about it. They still fear mass hysteria.

However, it proves that no level is low enough for them to stoop to.

It's not the actual lugging in that's the problem, it's their evil methodology. Yes of course most of them contain bland pish, but that's not the point unless you're being deliberately glaikit.

Labour and the BBC, along with others are not going to let this go until there is a high level casualty at News Corp, Rebekah Brooks will no longer suffice, the SKY deal to go tits up, and Murdoch junior on a plate is the way I see this going.

I wish I shared your optimism. Labour will do f**k all in the end as they are scared about what will happen should the printed press desert them again.

The fact that Ed Balls and Ed Miliband were at a Murdoch party a while ago suggests that Labour will indeed do f**k all.

As James Murdoch closed the most successful newspaper in the western world rather than sack a devious harpie, experts said that harpie must have some weapons-grade sh*t up her sleeve.

Professor Henry Brubaker, of the Institute for Studies, said: "Jesus f**king Christ, they must have killed a tramp."

The News of the World will be axed on Sunday, followed a day later by Brooks returning to work at a desk that is obviously filled with grisly secrets.

And today Brooks' former proteg

• Admin

A former Labour cabinet minister has alerted attention to the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, which makes an American company (News Corp) liable for colossal fines if any employee bribes a foreign official (the Met police) even if no one at head office knew. What's more, any whistleblower inside the company (sacked News of the World reporters), stands to win a percentage of that fine if they report acts of bribery.

link

• Admin

The news of the World was the best Sunday by a country mile, I'll miss it. Hopefully the new Sun on Sunday comes out soon.

This isn't about phone hacking any more. It's about bribing the police and about obstructing justice. It's one thing listening into someone's messages, but it's another to actively delete them, interfering with the investigation of a missing (murdered) person. Then there's the possibility of perjury for lying about it all.

• Admin

Apparently Gordon Brown will make a statement around 4:30 that will make the whole hacking case explode.

I don't know about explode, but suggestions from brillo is that it'll implicate The Sunday Times. Just need the Sun to be exposed and Murdoch will be scrambling to get out of the country and sell news international.

I don't know about explode, but suggestions from brillo is that it'll implicate The Sunday Times. Just need the Sun to be exposed and Murdoch will be scrambling to get out of the country and sell news international.

tup will be leading the chase for Murdoch, pitch fork and torch in hand :laughing:

The Times eh?

What what?

Implicated you say, old chap?

Who would have thought? A 'highbrow' newspaper, lowering itself to such depths. Tut tut.

This scandal has the potential to completely destroy newspapers. They're irrelevant anyway. They used to get scoops, now they come out a day after some poncey b*stard has tweeted the whole news story live online from the scene with a Blackberry.

So the printed press turned to scandal to get their sales. Turns out their method of getting said scandal was highly illegal.

So what are they going to write about?

The Evening Express is a prime example. The journos there are gibbering idiots, who wouldna know an inside story from AFC if it hit them between the eyes. Such is the snideness of their reporting on club matters, that nobody would give them a story anyway.

Instead it's left to budding Poirot's like myself to give you all the lowdown :sherlock:

BBCLauraK Laura Kuenssberg

by Aiannucci

BBC told medical records of Gordon Browns son with cystic fibrosis illegally obtained + info then published by the Sun when Brooks in charge