Yodel/HDNL Couriers

dazzy_deff

Anyone had any issues with these cowboys before? Im waiting on 2 of the girlfriends Xmas presents and the tracker says delivered. No parcel been delivered to me. Phoned them 3 times over the last 2 days (the national number) only to be continually fobbed off. Also been in touch with the shop where I bought the goods who were pestering them for an update. Managed to get the number for the aberdeen depot and some lassie barely out of puberty spoke on the phone. Phoned the driver who said "he had posted them through the communal letterbox of the block of flats." Only problem is I live in a house, nae a block of flats, theres no flats in my street. Went fuckin mental on the phone and the lassie was hopeless. Dug up some reviews of their service on the net and all of them are horrendous. Remembered in summer my mates golf clubs went missing, phoned him earlier, surprise surprise it was the same couriers. Managed to get a refund from the online shop so no major big deal but massive inconvenience of trailing back into town when its super busy to get replacement gifts. Thought my shopping was all done by start of December.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yodel are absolute, absolute clowns.

We deal with them through work, just yesterday one of my mates was dealing with a woman who phoned the depot to check on the parcel, they gave her the drivers number, driver was in his house getting pissed and he told the woman to come round his house and pick the package up there.

Cowboys sums it up mate.

How can they get away with it time after time? River Island guys I spoke to were top notch, I told them they really should change their courier, guy said " yeh you are one of many who has said that." They have gave me a full refund which I will get in the next few days. So do you think it was actually posted to the wrong address or is the delivery drivers missus gonna be rocking new clobber paid for by me this xmas?

I was up by their delivery depot in Hareness Circle last week picking up the GF parcel which I wasn't in for.

Witnessed two black folk in the Reception having the biggest barney with 2 customers about a phone from O2.

To say they were unhelpfull and rude would be an understatement.

The female was no problem with me, but from what I've heard you are not alone in your experience Dazzy.

Nae doot the like of River Island source the best, or cheapest courier for postage, it is no surprise that the said firm will hire low paying, incompetent dicks of staff

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

But Xmas gifts purchased online, should have been ordered weeks ago to eliminate postal fuck ups.

Nae doot the like of River Island source the best, or cheapest courier for postage, it is no surprise that the said firm will hire low paying, incompetent dicks of staff

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

But Xmas gifts purchased online, should have been ordered weeks ago to eliminate postal fuck ups.

They were ordered weeks ago. I allowed for hefty delays knowing it would b a bit of a rush for Xmas.

They are fucking cowboys. They changed name from Home Delivery Network to Yodel due to the amount of complaints. I believe HDN was on watchdog due to the shite service. Everytime i have had dealings with them its been a nightmare. I try to complain to their complaints dept but i can never get through to the person on the complants line :laughing: Clowns.

hadnt heard about this lot until i tried to track a package this morning.... ordered start of last week, 2/3 day delivery... still not here, apparently the package is in Perth, if its not here tomorrow morning i reckon id better make a phone call.... hopefully companies will get enough complaints about this mob and use different companies next year!!!!!

The problem with this cowboy outfit is that they hire self employed couriers and pay them 65p a parcel. Hence why the couriers dont give a shit cause its not worth even giving a shit.

I'm not sure to give them medals for working for such shite pay or want to slap them for being fucking idiot monkeys! Probably the later.

The problem with this cowboy outfit is that they hire self employed couriers and pay them 65p a parcel. Hence why the couriers dont give a shit cause its not worth even giving a shit.

I'm not sure to give them medals for working for such shite pay or want to slap them for being fucking idiot monkeys! Probably the later.

Is that factual. 65p per parcel,

It would be logistically near impossible to deliver 10 per hour to get

Yes, although if you live out in the sticks it was more money not much, the parcels get delivered to the couriers house and they are meant to go out and deliver them. They only get paid if they deliver the parcel (get a signature) so thats why so many will say "delivered" when infact they'll still be sitting in the idiots house.

Aberdeenshire area average parcel rate was 95p when i left and they were wanting to reduce it. Edinburgh was 75p and they also wanted to bring that down and introduce 50p parcels which the courier did not have to get a siganture for and had 5 days to deliver it.

I know cause i use to be a section leader before they changed to Yodel (DHL)! Fucking nightmare trying to run it!! You will still get actual Yodel drivers but they are trying to get rid of them and bring in all selp employed couriers.

Ooooft,

Fuck that, how the fuck can they be expected to pay fuel, van costs, earn above minimum wage, and provide a service on that cost per delivery...

Notorious firm of cowboys. Never had any dealings with them personally, heard too many stories - i avoid them like the plague.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpWpzIsvdmg

Pay peanuts, you'll get monkeys...

Haha the one that comes to me always has a scratched van infact nearly everyone of them do.

Yes, although if you live out in the sticks it was more money not much, the parcels get delivered to the couriers house and they are meant to go out and deliver them. They only get paid if they deliver the parcel (get a signature) so thats why so many will say "delivered" when infact they'll still be sitting in the idiots house.

Aberdeenshire area average parcel rate was 95p when i left and they were wanting to reduce it. Edinburgh was 75p and they also wanted to bring that down and introduce 50p parcels which the courier did not have to get a siganture for and had 5 days to deliver it.

I know cause i use to be a section leader before they changed to Yodel (DHL)! Fucking nightmare trying to run it!! You will still get actual Yodel drivers but they are trying to get rid of them and bring in all selp employed couriers.

The cunt that used to deliver for them out my way is a clatty bastard would give him a fucking quid to go ti the shop and buy some deodorant.

Useless cunts of the highest order,

Last Xmas and this Xmas I hav been to the depot at hareness for over 40 mins each time trying to pick something up. Last Xmas i eventually deduced they had delivered the package to number 35 in my block of flats ( I live in number 135), the woman they delivered it to was a Nigerian and never saw the present until mid January as she was away home for Xmas.

This Xmas was almost worse. I was picking up a fucking tagine. The cunt at the desk made out he was busy on the computer when I first arrived. A few huffs later he served me,( no other cunt in the place, it was early dec) I handed him the delivery ticket and he disappeared through the back for 36 minutes (I timed it). He then appeared, picked up my package off the shelf at the back of the room he was in originally and handed it to me. "sorry bout the delay". Que was out to the car park by this time.

Still convinced the fucker went through the back for his lunch break when I was waiting, cunt!

hdnl are the main contractor for amazon, although they are losing various parts of the country for deliveries to the company i work for. look up amazon/hdnl for a forum on how bad they really are.

yodel are owned by DHL for home deliveries. they are relativly new to the market and still finding there feet, shame the keep tripping over them. i had a parcel allegedly delivered by them.

it had been dropped off by the driver back at depot and signed back in as delivered. took them 2 days to find it and recover it.

Dinna ken about that, I ordered my loon two full football kits on 26 November, online, thinking that's more than enough time, with his name and a number on the back printed.

Apparently 10,000 back orders for shirt prints, that's their excuse anyway, and they were not sent out until 5pm last Thursday. With a 7-10 day delivery period.

They're still not here, and to say I'm hacked off is putting it mildly, because I have to wait and see, and then possibly get him something else really late, on Saturday, which limits my options.

That's his main Santa present, I've already told him about other stuff that's from me, so it's awkward to say the least having to reconsider it.

It's not as if I can keep them for giving another time as they won't fit him for that long, and he plays indoor football which he wanted them for.

FFS.

Yup. Out and out liars who always say they tried to deliver but never do and never leave card.

I had this twice a couple of months ago when I was getting a new mattress delivered. I used the tracking number provided by the mattress folk and was told the day it would be delivered. I was at work so expected a note to be left. Nothing. Checked the Yodel website and the message was something like - "tried to deliver, awaiting further instruction".

So, I phoned them up to arrange redelivery for a couple of days time when I was off work. It was already out for delivery again apparently. I explained I wasn't home and arranged for it to be delivered in a couple of days when I was off. "No problem, that's arranged for you".

Sit at home all day expecting it...nothing. Phone up and get "someone tried to deliver it today but no one was home, we'll get it sent out tomorrow"! Argh! So, I waitied until 12 the next day and phoned them up after seeing the updated "delivery tried" message online. "It's in the depot awaiting instruction".

What a croc of shiet. I went up to the depot and collected it myself...should've done that to start with but I had no idea how a king size mattress would be delivered. Turns out it was vacuum packed in a box so went in the back of my car.

Yodel shmodel.

Dinna ken about that, I ordered my loon two full football kits on 26 November, online, thinking that's more than enough time, with his name and a number on the back printed.

Apparently 10,000 back orders for shirt prints, that's their excuse anyway, and they were not sent out until 5pm last Thursday. With a 7-10 day delivery period.

They're still not here, and to say I'm hacked off is putting it mildly, because I have to wait and see, and then possibly get him something else really late, on Saturday, which limits my options.

That's his main Santa present, I've already told him about other stuff that's from me, so it's awkward to say the least having to reconsider it.

It's not as if I can keep them for giving another time as they won't fit him for that long, and he plays indoor football which he wanted them for.

FFS.

What team's strip have you got him? :itch-chin: