Sevco Thread

Wow, just wow. Just goes to show you what a narrow minded and bigoted scum they are!

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=90&a=the-famous-glasgow-rangers-are-alive-and-kicking---but-free-speech-is-dead!

I'll quote the bits that most will want to read.

This slippery slope does not only apply to Rangers Football Club, but to the Protestant, Unionist & Loyalist communities in general.

Donald Findlay was banished from the club after the uproar caused by a private sing-song

This persecution of everything Rangers or PUL minded has only worsened since devolution, and the rise of the SNP

Everyone knows that the vast majority of Rangers supporters are from the PUL community. Monday's rousing rendition of the Billy Boys, Derrys Walls etc leaves nobody in any doubt. The vast majority of Rangers fans are proud of their heritage and there is no better sight or sound than the Blue Sea of Ibrox declaring its love for that heritage and history. It is spine tingling, and it helps bring the PUL community together like nothing else on God's fine earth. It is also the only reason The Nationalist Stazi are so eager to consign it to the history books. Whilst the Rangers fans are in full voice, rallying the Unionist cause, independence will never happen! Billy Boys is football's equivalent of the Haka!

The 'faux' outrage over Monday's heart warming sing song has been made all the more sweet by the fact that it was all a sting. Rangers fans sick of the selected deafness from English, McGillivan, Spiers et al, led to a concerted effort to get everyone singing the song, with amended words. From where I was sitting I heard, 'Up to our knees in EBTs', 'Up to our knees in paedo blood' 'Up to our knees in trophies' and various other versions, but within minutes the usual suspects had fell into the trap.

Personally, I couldn't care less what people want to sing at a football match. The only one that gets under my skin is when they use the word 'hun'.

Sooooooooo, you do then?

To the Rangers fans; It was great to have the best anthem in world football back on Monday. The Billy Boys must be sung at every game. No concessions, no changing of the original words. They are hurting, they know we are coming back. They tried to kill us and couldn't. If they want to be offended then give them what they want!

Anyone that asks you "why did you hate Rangers so much, and why do you hate Sevco just as much?" just show them the above.

• Upvote 5

Wow, just wow. Just goes to show you what a narrow minded and bigoted scum they are!

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=90&a=the-famous-glasgow-rangers-are-alive-and-kicking---but-free-speech-is-dead!

Further to Pudgies analysis of the article:

John Reid, Brian Wilson, Frank McAvennie, John Hartson, Stephen Pearson, Anthony Stokes and others have all been caught on film singing songs glorifying the murder of British soldiers or a proscribed terrorist organisation. Their club backed them to the hilt, and not one of them lost their job through their actions.

Not to defend any of these personalities, but the songs referenced are directly analogous to Corries songs, including "Flower of Scotland", regarding the Scottish Wars of Independence and the later Jacobite Wars. The songs do not express prejudice towards anyones identity and are not remotely analagous to the songs which Rangers get into trouble for. One of the songs is actually the National Anthem of Rep Ireland.

Then Celtic manager, Kenny Dalglish, even held a press conference in a bar which is now closed due to its deep-rooted sectarian policy.

Bairds Bar - an appalling scum hole - was rightly closed down by the Council / Police due to long standing problems with drugs on the premises, as well as repeated violent incidents - including one occasion where bar staff attempted to clean up the aftermath of a serious incident before the scene was inspected by Police. It would have been better to burn it to the ground, rather than just close it down. In any case, the bar was not closed due to an alleged "deep-rooted sectarian policy"

Everyone knows that the vast majority of Rangers supporters are from the PUL community

There is no such thing as the "PUL community". This is a grandiose title self-applied to a disparate group of non-religious people who have nothing in common other than the fact they are Sevco fans with empty lives who live in a fantasy world, as above.

I forgot to mention the article author contradicts himself:

The 'faux' outrage over Monday's heart warming sing song has been made all the more sweet by the fact that it was all a sting. Rangers fans sick of the selected deafness from English, McGillivan, Spiers et al, led to a concerted effort to get everyone singing the song, with amended words. From where I was sitting I heard, 'Up to our knees in EBTs', 'Up to our knees in paedo blood' 'Up to our knees in trophies' and various other versions, but within minutes the usual suspects had fell into the trap

First he claims there were signing an amended version, and so no-one had grounds to complain, but then goes on to say:

To the Rangers fans; It was great to have the best anthem in world football back on Monday. The Billy Boys must be sung at every game. No concessions, no changing of the original words.

Its just ridiculous.

Hilarious that they are dragging Dalglish into the argument... someone who is both a Protestant and a boyhood Rangers fan. But of course there never was (and mercifully never has been) any restriction on Protestants playing for Celtic, unlike a certain other club from that same city which most certainly did have an explicitly sectarian signing policy.

I used to walk past Bairds on my way to gigs at the Barras, place was like something out of the Dharavi in Mumbai and could quite comfortably have been closed down on public health grounds. As CS suggests its eventual closure had bugger-all to do with sectarianism.

I used to walk past Bairds on my way to gigs at the Barras, place was like something out of the Dharavi in Mumbai and could quite comfortably have been closed down on public health grounds.

:laughing:

Many establishments in that area could fall foul of public health officials.

The nearby Hielan Jessie (actually a decent wee pub) has a plastic vampire bat mounted above the Gents toilet door, with a sign saying "Abandon hope all ye who enter here" :laughing:

I hate to put these cunts onto the home page straight after last night but they're ending their deal with Sports Direct where they get 4% of the money. So at the end of the notice period they get a big chunk of cash taken into the club instead of into fat Ash's pocket...

Just as well the notice period is SEVEN FUCKING YEARS :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

:hunbash:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35495352

• Upvote 1

I hate to put these cunts onto the home page straight after last night but they're ending their deal with Sports Direct where they get 4% of the money. So at the end of the notice period they get a big chunk of cash taken into the club instead of into fat Ash's pocket...

Just as well the notice period is SEVEN FUCKING YEARS :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

that is funny as fuck if true

Ashley will waive the notice period.

like fuck, he will.

that is funny as fuck if true

It is true that there's a 7-year notice period.

Apparently it's not true that they've given notice because they contractually cannot give notice whilst there are debts outstanding and Sevco owe Sports Direct for the costs of shutting down the unprofitable stores and also for unsold stock.

I've been doing some maths. Now if you hate financial figures then skip this, but if you like laughing at Sevco then wire in.

We're charging £13.70 per head at Pittodrie at the moment.

You're being charged £12.44 at Ibrox.

Their average attendance is 34,556 and they raised £11,612,000 from tickets and played 29 games.

Their total income is £16,470,000 as compared to our £13,077,000

Taking our figures where ours is larger than theirs, their income rises to £26,840,000. We seem to have a phenomenal amount of commercial income with £4,622,000 being made as compared to their £258,000. Now our commercial figure comes from the club shop which there's no way they can touch for the next seven years due to their deal with Sports Direct so I've been nice to them and increased their commercial income to £1,000,000.

So that leaves them with a shortfall of £7,709,000.

They need to up their average attendance to 55,924 (capacity 50,948) or get their average to 49,798 and charge an extra £5 per head for entry.

That's all without increasing the wages, spending any money on players or any necessary stadium repairs. And that's without making any dent in the current debt or the estimated £2.5 million they've said in their accounts that they'll need to see the season out, and that's if they win the league!!

GOING CONCERN (continued)

Key assumptions in respect of the Group’s forecast are discuseed within note 1 to the financial statements. The forecast identifies that the group will require up to £2.5m by way of debt or equity funding by the end of season 2015/2016 in order to meet its liabilities as they fall due. Further funding will be required during the 2016/17 season, the quantum of which is dependent on future football performance and promotion to the SPFL Premiership. The forecast indicates that an initial tranche of funds will be required in December 2015.