We're Going To Win The League

So says George Yule.

I agree with him 100% :scarf:

Celtic are there for the taking, especially if they progress further in Europe.

Look out for their latest ropey performance and result this weekend, they have taken their eye off the ball in the SPL.

Let them backslap each other while we get on with the business of overtaking them at the summit by next weekend :flag:

• Upvote 12

A win tomorrow would be great for the club regardless of the result the following weekend. The whole week of build up to the winner goes top of the league etc would step up the interest levels and get the belief going.

I want to believe but it all takes time. If IF we could be in a similar position after the second round of games as we were after the first round of games it would be on but until then not gonna get carried away.

I'd probably accept a celtic treble right now on condition that the title went down to the last couple of games. Realistically them staying in all comps is only way that the title race can materialise this year. Huge hopes for the following years.

All this chat about Celtic being brilliant actually helps us immensely.

It means we are under the radar, and nobody expects anyone to seriously challenge them.

I beg to differ.

I agree.

I hope they finish third in the Champs League group, as it would likely mean more games and less income than Champions League.

All this chat about Celtic being brilliant actually helps us immensely.

It means we are under the radar, and nobody expects anyone to seriously challenge them.

I beg to differ.

I duuno, tup. From the comments made by Peter Lawell, Celtic's strategy this year is to do just enough the win the SPL (they probably have 20 points to spare given the superiority of their squad over a season) so that they can concentrate on Europe. I have to say they are doing way, way better than they ought to be in Europe, which is a surprise. I doubt they are too bothered by dropping a few SPL points this early in the SPL season.

How many Champions League places are there next year? Is it one? If so, Celtic will win the SPL. Scottish football is still run by the same vested interests remember.

That said, I've always believed that we should be capable of beating all other teams in the league so in that respect we're in a better position this year than for many years. 2nd is there for the taking but we need to find the ruthless winning streak that's been missing for years - recent results suggest we are weak in a couple of positions and still lack that cutting edge in important games.

By the time Celtic wake up and realise they have a challenger i.e. after they get knocked out of Europe, our target must be to have established a lead at the top by that stage.

If you take their one or two best players away (Wanyama and Hooper mainly) Celtic are nothing special, very ordinary team indeed.

As much as I want to believe we can win the league I don't think it's realistic, this year. We need to take advantage of the huns demise though and we simply HAVE to finish second this season, which obviously brings more rewards, source a better calibre of squad player, so we are better positioned to challenge for the league in subsequent seasons.

Tomorrow will tell us a lot about where we're going this season IMO. Can we bounce back or conceivably drop to 6th.

tomorrow is massive and it will tell us a lot about the character of our team. They win tomorrow and they go in to an even bigger match the following week which is where players should want to play. Pittodrie could be buzzing next week prematch if they do the business tomorrow

great thread! its totally possible, alot of good points made so far. iv said this every year for the past 4/5 seasons but this is one of the weakest celtic teams in years. weaker than when i started sayin it haha. if we remain in the top 3 and no less than 6-8 points off them for the next few months then theres every possiblity. as long as like has been said, we keep belief and hopefully mostly injury free. and hope Celtic stay in europe for a while, cunts.

COYR :scarf:

I think we genuinely can.

Stay within 6 points going into the last 6/7 games, and we'll win it.

Honestly believe this. Us, hibs or anyone else. The momentum would be there for it to happen. The whole country would be behind whoever it is.

I'd even say ten games to go. We NEED to produce as good (preferably even better) a performance in the second round of games as we did in the first round.