Alex Ferguson Retiring As Manchester United Manager At End Of Season

stupid question i guess. but would you want him back at AFC if you could get him?

Being truthfully honest no.

What the man did for this club will never be matched again, We've seen McGhee and Miller utterly fail here since the glory days would be ashame to see another legend do the same.

Mind you if we had a level playing field with Celtic then why not.

:laughing:

LOL...I can just see him shuffling on the touchline, rambling incoherently with his hands jangling coins in his pockets, rombola whirling away in the background waiting to put Nani on at centre half

I've heard Jimmy has been on oilcareers.com and doctored his C.V to say he has top notch engineering qualifications.

stupid question i guess. but would you want him back at AFC if you could get him?

In a heartbeat, the man is a genius, he's built World beating team after World beating team, where Pep at Barca left when he saw his team were going no where but down he just knuckles down and rebuilds with youth.

What he did with Aberdeen was a miracle, he took us from a small City provincial team to the best team in Europe, not with big money but a belief.

I kinda feel smug as I was mocked for saying Jose was Man utd bound, I think that is going to play out now, :)

LGIR, you would have loved Pittodrie in the Fergie era, everyone believed we were the best, right from the players through to the crowd, the atmosphere in the stadium at times gave you goosebumps, complete strangers would dance and hug you like a long lost son when we scored, just great times.

Being truthfully honest no.

What the man did for this club will never be matched again, We've seen McGhee and Miller utterly fail here since the glory days would be ashame to see another legend do the same.

Mind you if we had a level playing field with Celtic then why not.

We never had a level playing field, he among others created one. They always had more money.

EDIT; Just looked at your profile and can see you're 20, you never lived the years, it was never about spending more when he was here, he got a group of good players and took them to another level.

Manchester United are expected to make a statement to the New York Stock Exchange before it opens at 1430 BST.

The Premier League champions are listed on the NYSE and its rules require a company to release statements about significant information that relates to how it is run.

I think Ferguson could win this league at a canter, even with things as they are.

Look at Celtic... Lennon's an utterly pish manager who wins the title because there's no competition. Ferguson is a genius, one of the elite managers in the history of the game.

Ferguson would have his teams ripping the pish out of the ginger Mick's side, and he wouldn't need a huge budget to do it. He'd simply identify players who can fill the role needed to win the SPL.

I would cut my good bollock off to have SAF as our manager.

Having said that, Ferguson deserves his retirement.

I think Ferguson could win this league at a canter, even with things as they are.

Look at Celtic... Lennon's an utterly pish manager who wins the title because there's no competition. Ferguson is a genius, one of the elite managers in the history of the game.

Ferguson would have his teams ripping the pish out of the ginger Mick's side, and he wouldn't need a huge budget to do it. He'd simply identify players who can fill the role needed to win the SPL.

I would cut my good bollock off to have SAF as our manager.

Having said that, Ferguson deserves his retirement.

+1 Kelt.

Some of the younger posters think he's a mere mortal to come and be another failure, the man is football, what is in his head is priceless, even with the shyte we've got he would make them exceed their ability. He'd win the league within 3 years, I have no doubts on that score. Being an Aberdeen fan when he was in charge you went to the likes of Ibrox or Parkhead and expected to win, we had a swagger, the players and the fans, we've lost that. We fucking need it back though.

I think secretly Fergie loved the ASC, he never said anything ever in the press no matter the trouble, he knew the team were doing it on the pitch and we were matching it off it, the vocal backing back then from the dons fans was immense, you simply didn't fuck about with Aberdeen.

now we're the sick dog of the league.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Whatever Fergie decides I'll wish him all the best, simply the greatest manager who has ever walked the Earth.

He'll probably go upstairs at Utd or maybe just walk away, wish he'd been Scotland manager for a full time spell though.

I love the man, such a humble respectful person.

He'd win the current Scottish set-up with our under 20s side. Draws would not be seen as acceptable results, poorly won matches also unacceptable.

I know he has many friends in the North-East and visits frequently, but what on Earth would tempt him into managing the Dons again? Milne wouldn't have him anyway.

+1 Kelt.

Some of the younger posters think he's a mere mortal to come and be another failure, the man is football, what is in his head is priceless, even with the shyte we've got he would make them exceed their ability. He'd win the league within 3 years, I have no doubts on that score. Being an Aberdeen fan when he was in charge you went to the likes of Ibrox or Parkhead and expected to win, we had a swagger, the players and the fans, we've lost that. We fucking need it back though.

Exactly.

Like there are different levels of football teams, there are different levels of football managers.

The kind of manager the SPL attracts is the journeyman manager, someone who understands the very basics of the game but in no way has any kind of special skill or talent. SPL managers are Stranraer-level. They are, to be fair, fourth rate hacks at best.

Guys like Alex Ferguson manage on a completely different plane of thought. He understands the game inside and out, the tactical and the psychological aspects. When he changes a formation it's because he understands why something isn't working and he knows how to fix it. Guys like Calderwood just chopped and changed formations in the blind hope that something would work.

Alex Ferguson is the Manchester United of Football Managers.

He would piss the SPL as a part time job.

The fact he almost fucked it up at United over a horse would indicate that's maybe not quite true.

Sometimes in life things come down to the principle, he was gifted the horse and it was his, when it turned into a legend it wasn't him who got greedy, he stuck by his guns and won the case.

Whatever Fergie decides I'll wish him all the best, simply the greatest manager who has ever walked the Earth.

He'll probably go upstairs at Utd or maybe just walk away, wish he'd been Scotland manager for a full time spell though.

I love the man, such a humble respectful person.

The BBC are running with a video at the moment, an interview from when he first took over at Man United. Speaks about Aberdeen in glowing terms, saying he had a number of job offers prior to Man United, but none of those clubs were 'above' AFC.

I'd certainly have him back in some sort of advisory capacity, can you imagine the contacts he has, I'm guessing they are a bit better than JC's or the silly old goat we've got on the board at the moment!

Good luck to him, he's certainly earned a break, and finished by winning the league once again, and Making United the most succesful English team domestically.

The decision to retire is one that I have thought a great deal about and one that I have not taken lightly. It is the right time.

“It was important to me to leave an organisation in the strongest possible shape and I believe I have done so. The quality of this league winning squad, and the balance of ages within it, bodes well for continued success at the highest level whilst the structure of the youth set-up will ensure that the long-term future of the club remains a bright one.

“Our training facilities are amongst the finest in global sport and our home Old Trafford is rightfully regarded as one of the leading venues in the world.

“Going forward, I am delighted to take on the roles of both Director and Ambassador for the club. With these activities, along with my many other interests, I am looking forward to the future.

“I must pay tribute to my family, their love and support has been essential. My wife Cathy has been the key figure throughout my career, providing a bedrock of both stability and encouragement. Words are not enough to express what this has meant to me.

“As for my players and staff, past and present, I would like to thank them all for a staggering level of professional conduct and dedication that has helped to deliver so many memorable triumphs. Without their contribution the history of this great club would not be as rich.

“In my early years, the backing of the board, and Sir Bobby Charlton in particular, gave me the confidence and time to build a football club, rather than just a football team.

“Over the past decade, the Glazer family have provided me with the platform to manage Manchester United to the best of my ability and I have been extremely fortunate to have worked with a talented and trustworthy Chief Executive in David Gill. I am truly grateful to all of them.

“To the fans, thank you. The support you have provided over the years has been truly humbling. It has been an honour and an enormous privilege to have had the opportunity to lead your club and I have treasured my time as manager of Manchester United.”