Michael Hector

Considering he went straight in and hadn't had so much as a whiff of most of the team a very admirable 1st game, read it very well and is a big tall guy

Will be a few worried defenders looking at who was fit and thinking they will now get a game and a few who are injured will be worried about getting their place back as he will fit in very very nicely

May seem a bit brave saying it but I hope we have an option on the full season as based on tonight he will be a regular starter

Considering he went straight in and hadn't had so much as a whiff of most of the team a very admirable 1st game, read it very well and is a big tall guy

Will be a few worried defenders looking at who was fit and thinking they will now get a game and a few who are injured will be worried about getting their place back as he will fit in very very nicely

May seem a bit brave saying it but I hope we have an option on the full season as based on tonight he will be a regular starter

Nae sure I was watching the same game as you then.

On the positive side he looked to play the ball out of defence and not settle for a long hoof up the park but he looked really suspect on a few occasions. Hopefully he'll come on, and I'll not be too harsh based on seeing him for an hour, but I wouldn't be too excited at this stage.

Touch of an elephant, but put that down to lack of game time. Wanted time on the ball, which is highly unlikely in the SPL.

Sure he'll suss it out come time... just hope he doesn't gift a couple of goals which could blooter his confidence.

Guess he started so McInnes could have a right good look at him.

He was on loan at Cheltenham last year, I saw a fair bit of him and think you have got a cracking loan signing, might take a wee while to adjust to the Scottish game but ultimately he will do a good job for you

He used to be a jockey inna?

His first 3 touches were poor, one particularly which he had to chase down then hoovered it into the main stand. I'd put it down to being over eager to impress. Competent performance after he settled though. Always looked to take the ball from the fud and looked to pass his way out. Encouraging signs

His first 3 touches were poor, one particularly which he had to chase down then hoovered it into the main stand. I'd put it down to being over eager to impress. Competent performance after he settled though. Always looked to take the ball from the fud and looked to pass his way out. Encouraging signs

Loved the way he was demanding the ball from team mates and looking to play it on deck. Comparing that to aimless punters Clark and Reynolds a breath of fresh air!!

Loved the way he was demanding the ball from team mates and looking to play it on deck. Comparing that to aimless punters Clark and Reynolds a breath of fresh air!!

I dont think its fair to put any outfield player in the same sentence as Clark when discussing any sort of footballing ability.

Langfield, yes. Any other, unfair.

Wasnt at the game, heard some good reports though both about Hector and the 2nd half performance.

Obviously didn't see the game or Hector but jeez that first goal for us... 10 passes before that beautiful header from McGinn.

We are so going to lose that guy at the end of this coming season and it'll be for decent money. The guy seems to have clicked. He's just got oodles of talent when it comes to putting the ball in the net but generally too. Single best thing from Craig Brown's 'era' by a million miles, even if it was an accidental signing.

As to Hector, glad we've got another defender in but hope this wasn't the extra one the board were authorising because surely as others are saying we need a full back too? Or is McInnes thinking the youngsters will be the cover for that?

Just watched the 2nd goal too. Wow. Pawlett got hauled back in the box and DIDN'T go down... and scored a cracker after not going down. If he can do that in the league instead of flopping at the first touch I'll be happy!

Another edit: Watched the McInnes post match interview and that's it. The loan defender was the extra player talked of so that's us for the season.

I dont think its fair to put any outfield player in the same sentence as Clark when discussing any sort of footballing ability.

Langfield, yes. Any other, unfair.

Wasnt at the game, heard some good reports though both about Hector and the 2nd half performance.

Actually meant Clark "punt" Robertson!!

Opinion seems pretty split based on tonight, hopefully some decent competition for places at the back especially when Consi returns.

I see Considine put in 45 minutes at Inverurie yesterday.

Assuming next week will be too early for him, bot hopefully about available for the matches in the weeks that follow.

• 1 month later...