Michael Hector

We need to get him signed on a FT if at all possible.

Would be delighted at having him Considine & Reynolds as our three main CH's to choose from. That's a bit of a luxury though I admit.

Hector is a very good player & has huge potential to be a lot better with age & could make us some decent coin in future, if we secured him some how.

• 1 month later...

This guy needs signed up for the future.

11 teams he's been loaned to and I've no idea why people didn't sign him - he's a great find.

His future isnt with an SPFL club, unfortunately. I think he'll be back down the road and signed up for more development by Reading.

Would love to see us extend and then talk into staying after that but there's going to be training comp to pay and I doubt we could even afford that.

Unfortunately I think we'll only ever see him at Pittodrie for this season only

If he continues to play well we will have no chance of signing him. I imagine with what first team players are on in the championship he wont want to stay here for a packet of fags a week...........Reading will want him back or he will be sold to another lower championship team.

He was defensively average last night. Some of his passing was woeful.

Cracking ping though.

He made a couple of small mistakes defensively but played his way out of them & rectified them.

On another day they could have been costly but imo he's a far better player than Joe is (I still like Joe) both as CH & as RB

His goal has been a long time coming as well. Always looked dangerous going forward in every game.

He was defensively average last night. Some of his passing was woeful.

Cracking ping though.

I thought so too - did some brilliant stuff but was questionable at times too. Saying that, do definitely think he is an asset to the team, and I've usually been impressed with his defensive performances

The lads behind me last night:

At the start of the game: 'Hector is a quality player'

A while before the goal: 'FFS Hector is shite'

At the end of the game: 'Hector is a quality player'

I thought so too - did some brilliant stuff but was questionable at times too. Saying that, do definitely think he is an asset to the team, and I've usually been impressed with his defensive performances

The lads behind me last night:

At the start of the game: 'Hector is a quality player'

A while before the goal: 'FFS Hector is shite'

At the end of the game: 'Hector is a quality player

Were you anywhere near South Stand Block S Row L per chance?

Reynolds & Considine are easily the first pairing & Anderson (when on form) is very close third but Hector can easily deputise for all three anytime.

joe is our fifth choice as far as I'm concerned & I rate him as a very good defender but mostly for the future. Well better going forward actually but he'll learn the defence with age also.

Said all along that I want Hector signed (at very least) until Summer, preferably FT because he will be a great player (only 21 now ffs) & will sell for big money sometime in future.

:scouser:

To be honest the more I see of Hector the more I think he'll be appearing in a "where are they now thread" in 3 or 4 years time playing for Dover. Definitely well behind Anderson for me both individually and in terms of having a partnership with any of our other defenders, although it was still a good goal he scored against Partick and a decent cross so perhaps he's better suited to a defensive midfield role.

Hector was dreadful for their second ut doesn't matter cos if he'd tried any kind of tackle then Brines would have given a penalty anyway.

Trying not to get onto Clangers but he was pretty poor for the first goal & he just got down on his knees & prayed for the second.

He wasn't the one to blame yesterday because I don't expect any better than that from him.