St Johnstone V Aberdeen (0 - 2)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best to get a loan player in if we are taking someone in that is, buying players in Jan doesn't usually work out well, most flop.

As for todays result, fantastic stuff, Pawlett is a totally different player this season and I like it, he looked to be heading out the door due to fitness issues and never playing well but he's fair improved.

Loan players fall under the heading of 'signings', but if the right player came along then there are certainly plenty fringe players in the English leagues who could do a job in a third rate league like the SPL, loaner or contract.

Would be silly to rule out either.

willie rubbin his hawns wi glee, at the prospect o fish n chips fer tea!

as soon as this new sevco lot took the place of another shit team, we've woken up. you could see it coming a mile off.

The duopoly will resume in a very short time... nothing surer.

Wouldn't surprise me if they immediately adopted the Rangers demand for 5% of Sevco ticket sales from the home team either.

And of course we'll pay it.

OD, Robson guilty of trying to be too clever at times, but with Ryan Jack having a rare off day and Hayes anonymous, Robson absolutely held that midfield together today. Won almost every tackle, kept possession well when he needed to and created at the other end. Walked a bit of a tightrope too for (what looked like) the bizarrely given yellow card but didn't let it affect him. Was given a well deserved reception when subbed and to me his best game easily in an AFC shirt. Thought the back four were absolutely immense also and restricted May to the one effort that was well dealt with by Langfud. Great finish by Pawlett and an absolute stunner by McGinn, who was due us a good performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OD, Robson guilty of trying to be too clever at times, but with Ryan Jack having a rare off day and Hayes anonymous, Robson absolutely held that midfield together today. Won almost every tackle, kept possession well when he needed to and created at the other end. Walked a bit of a tightrope too for (what looked like) the bizarrely given yellow card but didn't let it affect him. Was given a well deserved reception when subbed and to me his best game easily in an AFC shirt. Thought the back four were absolutely immense also and restricted May to the one effort that was well dealt with by Langfud. Great finish by Pawlett and an absolute stunner by McGinn, who was due us a good performance

Jack was indeed poor for once, agreed, but I lost count of the number of times Robson gave it away needlessly. I accept though that he worked hard and his set-piece deliveries were consistently good, as always. Good to have his experience in the middle of the park.

Such a good feeling with a solid back 4, we could still be playing now and Saints would have struggled to create a meaningful chance. Getting Hector's loan extended in January has to be a priority.

Loan players fall under the heading of 'signings', but if the right player came along then there are certainly plenty fringe players in the English leagues who could do a job in a third rate league like the SPL, loaner or contract.

Would be silly to rule out either.

Not ruling out either just saying that if you sign a player on a proper contract in jan, the majority of those signings usually flop, name me a couple of players in the last 5 years that's signed for a team in Jan and blew everyone away and performed really well?

Jack was indeed poor for once, agreed, but I lost count of the number of times Robson gave it away needlessly. I accept though that he worked hard and his set-piece deliveries were consistently good, as always. Good to have his experience in the middle of the park.

Indeed. As said, I thought at times he just tried to be too clever with the pass, eye of the needle type shit, but for the right reasons.

For giving it away needlessly see Jonny Hayes. His two attempted passes across the entire width of the field in the space of a minute just simply gifted them possession and invited them to come at us.

Did anybody else see Hector having a pop at Langfud for not slowing it down just on half time when attempting another laser guided kick oot straight to an opponent.

Not ruling out either just saying that if you sign a player on a proper contract in jan, the majority of those signings usually flop, name me a couple of players in the last 5 years that's signed for a team in Jan and blew everyone away and performed really well?

Mark Reynolds was a solid January signing for us... then again Calvin Zola was an atrocious Summer signing for us. So it's swings and roundabouts.

All I'm saying is there's no point limiting your options... which I think is reasonable, aye?

Oh I agree but I wouldn't go out buying too many players in Jan, 2 max I'd say, our squad seems good right now but room for improvement.

Squad only needs tweeked. Probs Weaver let go and try and replace him with a better keeper. Re-sign Hector and maybe look for another flair/forward player

Just watched the highlights on SPFL Youtube site (if you've got an ISP re-router like HMA or similar you can fool it to thinking your in foreign country - for some reason they add them on Saturday but contractually, must not be allowed to show them in UK until Sportscene has been on or something like 'at).

Anyway, Langfield had a couple of brilliant throw outs, setting up McGinn.... his goal a carbon copy of that one end of last season at Pittodrie (can't recall against who though) where he cut inside from left channel and curled it into top right corner. He's been threatening to score like that again, and hopefully that will give him all the confidence he needs now to go on and replicate his scoring antics of last season.

Pawlett (from highlights) looked good and they also showed Robson breaking down play and more or less setting up (with the aid of Vernon) the first goal.

Fallon's red was shockinging bad.... straight red for an elbow (at 2nd attempt) in Hector's puss. What a fanny he is!

MUST consolidate with a win against Smurren next week and hope the rest drop points.

Fair play to Langfield. He had very little to do, but did it well today. I recall one moment of hesitation when he could have came out to the right hand side of his box to collect the ball but left it for Hector to battlr it out with May. Great throw out to McGinn for the goal and I didn't give him the credit he deserved at the time for his save from May. It's better on second viewing.

Still a fud though

Sums it up perfectly for me

Vernon looked decent in the highlights - how was he for those that were there?

Don't think he is answer though. Would like to see a loan forward being brought in. If we had a Boyd, May, or Griffiths up front, then I reckon we'd be in excellent shape going to the second half of the season.

Not sure we'll have budget for anyone else though... the race for second place may actually be decided through who Dundee United lose in January, rather than who anyone else is able to bring in.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

0-2

I am in unbelievable pain this morning because of that second goal.

Was at Inverurie Locos, game was off do they just deluge you with drink anyway.

Got up to go for a pish, second goal went in, so naturally jumped up in the air.

Unfortunately failed to land far I had originally leapt fae. FFS.Think I may have bust my coccyx.

Seriously cannot wafk worth a fuck without hooring pain.

ST Mirren at home next,

ICT away

Then the Xmas double header at home V Motherwell and Ross County before the New Year game V 4 scoring United.

With ICT hiring a cabbage as manager, then we can win them all before heading to Tannadice, but history tells us we will nae doot get 4 or 5 points.

If we are serious about shit, and I'm to believe this is the real deal, we should be looking at 12 points there.

As McInnes says. Get fucking greedy.

Going by that, Pawlett was absolutely fucking tremendous.

Looked un playable at times.

Brilliant challlenge from Robson to make the first goal possible.

Certain pen denied for a foul on Hayes.

Ref was right there. FFS, how close does he have to be?

Made a fair amount of chances like. One way traffic. Ace. :wub:

I was down yesterday and it was a good all round performance,

I just hope now that's Zola maybe frozen out a bit, Vernon as we all know isn't the greatest footballer but he's a lot more mobile than Zola, manages to get balls, takes it down and can make a pass. I think he complements McGinn and pawlet much more than Zola does.

Hopefully maybe in jan we can 1 or 2 on board.