Stevie May...if you cant beat um....sign um?

Would be a great acquisition don't you think?

Milne has already said he would give McInnes funds to "strengthen & get us back to challenging on all fronts"

I know everybody will have their thoughts on summer signings............but a signing of his quality would raise a few eyebrows.

Interesting to hear your thoughts.

Milne has already said he would give McInnes funds to "strengthen & get us back to challenging on all fronts"

I know everybody will have their thoughts on summer signings............but a signing of his quality would raise a few eyebrows.

Milne has not said this.

We have not got a hope in hell of signing him. He was being linked with Championship clubs in January. Any club in this country other than Celtic is firmly out of the picture in this country if that's the case.

We won't start suddenly paying for players just because there's been major improvement this season. Even if money were to be spent, you're unlikely to make much of it back, given the lack of prize money available at the moment in the league and both cups. The last player we paid money for was 6 years ago. Don't see that changing any time soon. Derek has already proven he can do well in the free agent market. Trust he'll be able to do the same this summer.

Not a priority position.

Funds should go towards a goalkeeper, full back, midfield reinforcements and another winger - granted we'll need to replace Josh/Vernon but it won't be with a Stevie May type.

Agreed...you even put the priorities in order...I have it on good authority that Derek has made the signing of a competent keeper top of his list...Thank God.

Intriguing to keep an eye out for what happens with May and McKay this summer. Both almost worthless if still at their clubs on September 1st

Both clubs should be looking to move them on this summer. Going rate would probably be £500k for mckay and £750k for may

• Upvote 1

In terms of how much it would cost to acquire him to how much money within our budget, it's not great value for money. We're still a wheeling dealing club and in McInnes we have a fairly astute (in the most part *cough Zola *cough*) manager. We have to find the next Stevie May that WE can sell on for a few million once we've qualified for Europe, won a few more domestic trophies and maybe even won the league with said player...

Why would we go for May, Rooney gives us far more than he would. In addition Shankland looks as though he will be a more than adequate deputy.

As said above we have other more pressing priorities, giving Logan a contract plus securing a left back at the very top for me

• Site Sponsor

We don't have £1M to sign him. Better to wait and see if he makes it in England and then sign as we did with Rooney.

Got to agree with Jigot on this one...plus the wee cunt (May not Jigot) looks like a pikey cunt

Rooney is a better player imo. I cannae see your Chairman handing out millions for a player you dinnae need. May scored 2 goals, his first goals against you,last week. It disnae mean you should go out and try to sign him. I dinnae think he would improve your team tbh. A goalie, aye. Aberdeen always had good goallies since the Bobby Clark (sp) day's, maybe before, Ah'm no that fucking Auld!

Rooney is a better player imo. I cannae see your Chairman handing out millions for a player you dinnae need. May scored 2 goals, his first goals against you,last week. It disnae mean you should go out and try to sign him. I dinnae think he would improve your team tbh. A goalie, aye. Aberdeen always had good goallies since the Bobby Clark (sp) day's, maybe before, Ah'm no that fucking Auld!

Clark,Leighton,Snelders ,Kjaer...Fatty Broon...the list of top notch keepers who have kept goal for us is blighted by the sorry excuse currently employed...although some are happy to brush over his bottle collapse on Sunday, I can't , the shear audacity of the cunt to laugh when Logan was giving him a cunting will be his undoing...Derek will get it sorted