Simon Church

Good to see Church being unselfish by squaring it to McGinn, who nearly made a c*nt of it. Most strikers would have shot for goal themselves, especially when new and trying to make an impression.

Bizarrely, Scotland on Sunday credited Church himself with a goal - writing match reports based on 2nd hand info?

It swayed from end to end after in fascinating fashion thereafter. The problem as far as the hosts were concerned was that this merely served to cruelly expose their defensive frailties. Joe Shaughnessy was caught out under pressure and gifted the ball to Niall McGinn who squared for Simon Church for a simple tap in. Rooney then quickly added a fourth with an ambling run down the left which ended with him poking the ball into the far corner of the net.

:clangers2:

Do we need to always find someone to scapegoat?

Church couldn't do much last night because no fucker gave him the ball in a sensible position. That's it. He got into those positions and others shot instead or fluffed their passes or crosses.

It was a shit team performance... not an individuals.

And even with that it still needed Collum for us to lose so let's not get too carried away blaming individuals unless their name is Collum and they look like a frog with a hardon.

• Upvote 1

Poor last night or didn't get the service?

Either way I thought he was rather disappointing after his bright start.

Not sure I'm convinced by him yet.

Still time on his side to change my impression of him.

Scored on his debut, and as you say he battled gamely against the Celtic 'defence' but I thought he got bullied by them and seemed to struggle with the physical side of the game up here.

Wasn't at the St J's game so can't comment, but he set up a nice goal for McGinn.

Last night he got zero service. So was anonymous.

I'm prepared to give him time as he surely can't be as bad as Goodwillie.

But I think he'll be pushed out wide or benched for Friday as we move to a 4-5-1.

I'm prepared to give him time as he surely can't be as bad as Goodwillie.

But I think he'll be pushed out wide or benched for Friday as we move to a 4-5-1.

Yup. I think the formation might change back the way.

An out and out striker on the bench might not be a bad thing when we're chasing a game rather than the usual Cameo's.

Guest the shepherd

It is a bit premature and gie unfair laying into Simon Church. A striker is only as good as the service as they get. He got next to fuck all last night bar the cross into the near post on the stroke of halftime last night that was well defended by Gary Warren. I thought I was a perfectionist but come on I am realist to the type and class of player we can attract to our club. I would love to have a Zlatan Imbrahimovic at Aberdeen but that's fantasy just now. Some criticise on here just for the sake of it without constructive substance. Give the lad a break, ffs.

I honestly despair when I read garbage like this.

Do you? What has he shown in the games so far that sets him apart from what Fallon offered? Do you think he is worthy of a place up front in a 4231 or 451 (however you want to call it) ahead of Rooney? This is a guy who is meant to be here to fight for his place at the euros. He has offered nothing in general play in the two full 90 minutes I've watched him.

Do you? What has he shown in the games so far that sets him apart from what Fallon offered? Do you think he is worthy of a place up front in a 4231 or 451 (however you want to call it) ahead of Rooney? This is a guy who is meant to be here to fight for his place at the euros. He has offered nothing in general play in the two full 90 minutes I've watched him.

Bit harsh min.

Bit harsh min.

Its not as if when he signed I wanted him to be shit, I've just not seen anything to persuade me that he will be an asset to our squad or that he's improved it in any way. If he bangs in 10-15 goals before the end of the season then fair enough, cant see it though.

He typifies what was an awful transfer window. We're undoubtedly weaker than we were at the start of January. I find that amazing given what could have been achieved this season.

Yes I do despair.

As I said in another thread, he was in a perfect scoring position on three occasions against ICT but McGinn x2 and shinnie opted to go for the spectacular when the best option was to pass it to Church. McGinn and probably a few others deserves far more criticism than church does for Monday night.

Church also put in a great shift against Celtic and grabbed a goal. I can't comment on the St Johnstone match because I only saw the highlights.

You've given him three matches, wise up and give the guy a chance. He's not immune from criticism here but there are others more deserving of it.

You seem to think he's having an affect on Rooney. Hasn't Rooney scored in each match since church has been here?

Yes I do despair.

As I said in another thread, he was in a perfect scoring position on three occasions against ICT but McGinn x2 and shinnie opted to go for the spectacular when the best option was to pass it to Church. McGinn and probably a few others deserves far more criticism than church does for Monday night.

Church also put in a great shift against Celtic and grabbed a goal. I can't comment on the St Johnstone match because I only saw the highlights.

You've given him three matches, wise up and give the guy a chance. He's not immune from criticism here but there are others more deserving of it.

You seem to think he's having an affect on Rooney. Hasn't Rooney scored in each match since church has been here?

No. Never scored against Celtic.

Why dont you calm down and give him a bit of time?

Perfectly calm about it. Just don't see anything in the guy. Not like he's come in needing match sharpness. We were told he was up to speed straight away as he'd been playing most of the season.

Yes I do despair.

I've criticised others for the caley game. Plenty of the team not up to it the other night. You say he needs time. He was brought in on a short term loan and is one of only two senior strikers at the club when we are meant to be challenging for a title? I'm not sure that we should be bringing in guys in those circumstances that need time. We don't have the depth of squad for that.

As for Rooney, is he a better left winger than a striker, that's really my main point. If church is the one up front then rooney is on the left wing. I don't think that's his best position and id argue mcinnes probably doesn't given he went 442 v caley. Interested to see what he does v Partick now but I certainly hope he reverts to Rooney up front and three behind him.

Perfectly calm about it. Just don't see anything in the guy. Not like he's come in needing match sharpness. We were told he was up to speed straight away as he'd been playing most of the season.

I've criticised others for the caley game. Plenty of the team not up to it the other night. You say he needs time. He was brought in on a short term loan and is one of only two senior strikers at the club when we are meant to be challenging for a title? I'm not sure that we should be bringing in guys in those circumstances that need time. We don't have the depth of squad for that.

As for Rooney, is he a better left winger than a striker, that's really my main point. If church is the one up front then rooney is on the left wing. I don't think that's his best position and id argue mcinnes probably doesn't given he went 442 v caley. Interested to see what he does v Partick now but I certainly hope he reverts to Rooney up front and three behind him.

Rooney isn't being played as a winger, if you pay attention you can see Rooney and church are all over the forward line. Anyway, church being included in this team has not had an adverse affect on Rooneys scoring ability. He seems to be up to speed to me, he had a decent debut and did what was asked of him against caley. It's not his fault that McGinn and shinnie wanted to go for spectacular efforts instead.

You are clutching at straws here, church hasn't had the bad start you are making out. In fact I am not sure what you're getting at all, you seem to be the only one attacking church here. I get that you may be hacked off at our loss on Monday, we all are but you are directing you're anger at the wrong player here.

On a side note, Are you the same fifered that runs that sheep on fire Facebook page or some other dons related Facebook page?