New Stadium Survey

I don't think anyone is questioning the survey and the need for one. However, your justification for not releasing it to the Dons fans to whom you represent (not the club), still goes no further to explaining the rationale behind it. Giving them the opportunity to see it before some paper? Could you not release the results on your website? I still don't understand how it benefits anyone, unless of course, the results are tinged with some degree of negativity and it therefore allows the club time to formulate a response. That said, the club are within their rights to tell the asking media to feck off until they are good and ready to give a response.

Ultimately, and yes, I agree about the need to calm down - but that goes for you too..... the survey was pretty basic yeah. It wasn't exactly a ticking bomb waiting to blow up in anyone's faces, hence why I struggle to understand the need to have a private audience with AFC about it. Integrity aside, that sort of positioning doesn't do any independent organisation any favours really. Just come out with the results and if the club have anything to defend, let them defend it. Are you here to represent the fans or the club (don't need to answer that btw as there's only one correct answer).

I'm far more interested in the results that I am of who sees them first just for the record. I just find this a wee bitty intriguing, particularly the responses you just gave.

Ok... To be honest I canna be ersed continuing this "conversation". I have given you our honest answers to your previous questions. If you still suspect we are hiding something or we are the clubs lackies or on the club's payroll or ???? then fine that's your prerogative. If you still want the answers, then read my previous replies, we have nothing more to say in the matter.

On a happier note... Thanks to everyone who contributed to the 2556 responses we received for the survey. The results will be published in the next week or two.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ok... To be honest I canna be ersed continuing this "conversation". I have given you our honest answers to your previous questions. If you still suspect we are hiding something or we are the clubs lackies or on the club's payroll or ???? then fine that's your prerogative. If you still want the answers, then read my previous replies, we have nothing more to say in the matter.

On a happier note... Thanks to everyone who contributed to the 2556 responses we received for the survey. The results will be published in the next week or two.

And it's that exact attitude that attributed to the initial question on why you are doing what you are doing. And btw, it wasn't me that posed the question first.

I was once asked to join the DST, but thought they were too 'in bed' with the club at the time and it had became a bit of an excuse for some to rub shoulders with the 'aristocracy'. Same can be said for our 'fans rep on the board' who became just a puppet of the club (albeit his heart was always in the right place but he was very quickly brought into line. And the biggest adversary to have taken the Kings Shilling, the now 'CEO' or whatever title he takes, Duncan Fraser. Poacher turned gamekeeper.

So please don't take umbradge to anyone who dare question those who position themselves alongside the club's office bearers. Your very words were something along the lines of 'we need a good relationship between ourselves and the club'. Sure, but don't question those who question yourselves on something as trivial and simple as 'why you not sharing this with the very folk you stand to represent?'.

The current situation seems to have turned 180 degrees over the last few years, whereby, anyone who dares to question the team, the management, the leadership of the club etc etc, is shot down in flames and called a saddo. Never ever let down your guard. Keep asking the hard questions and keep them accountable - players, managers, CEO and former legends!

I'll leave it at that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest milne_afc

Whole thing is a carve up. Time to look seriously at renovating Pittodrie even with a slightly reduced capacity.

Plenty of scope to do it stand by stand and get an out of town training facility.

We are happy with the >2500 fans response. The results are now being collated and will firstly be sent to the club to review. Then we will publish the results via press releases and social media. We expect the results to be available end of this month / start of next as there is a lot of data to be reviewed.

@@donssupporterstogether

What were the results of the survey and why the delay in releasing the results?

Something to hide?

Realistically though, and this is what the NIMBYs of Westhill are outraged about.....but there is a hell of a lot of parking available in Westhill.

There's quite a few car parks within a miles walk....there's so many streets you can park in....

I've been thinking of other ways for parking when in reality it might just be a case of parking in Westhill if you can't get in the club car park. Residents may not like it but such is life!

Realistically though, and this is what the NIMBYs of Westhill are outraged about.....but there is a hell of a lot of parking available in Westhill.

There's quite a few car parks within a miles walk....there's so many streets you can park in....

I've been thinking of other ways for parking when in reality it might just be a case of parking in Westhill if you can't get in the club car park. Residents may not like it but such is life!

I have lived within walking distance of ARI twice. It is annoying when folk are parked on your street, but we're looking at 3 hours or so. We had folk parked outside for up to 10 hours at times.

Not much can be done about it. Would have easily paid for a permit for the year. If you don't have a drive then I don't think you have any entitlement to the street outside your front door.

Its a very well presented document, and based on a pretty good number of responses. Good to see there are so many positive responses for the development, and it clearly shows a lot of areas of the design that the club are going to need think about.

Makes a mockery of the pish the WANKS have been coming away with to back up their arguments.

Makes a mockery of the pish the WANKS have been coming away with to back up their arguments.

My suspicion is that it has been heavily doctored after consultation with the club... the initial responses were not as positive as presented...there is major opposition to the lego brick stadium, the delay proves it....

• Downvote 4

Despite me knowing that you are fishing.

What is the bit in bold based on?

No concrete evidence, but lets face it we all know something is afoot here.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that AFC have instructed DST to show them the results of the survey before they are made public.

Not only would this explain the weeks of delay, which looks shady enough in itself, but it would also explain the results, which have quite possibly been altered to show favour to the lego brick stadium. It's important to remember that this benefits the agenda of both AFC and DST.

• Downvote 1

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that AFC have instructed DST to show them the results of the survey before they are made public.

Not only would this explain the weeks of delay, which looks shady enough in itself, but it would also explain the results, which have quite possibly being altered to show favour to the lego brick stadium. It's important to remember that this benefits the agenda of both AFC and DST.

Ok Mr 360 and a couple of other truth disbelievers... We will say again, for the final time, that 100% the results are EXACTLY the same now as they were when the survey closed 1 month ago on 15th Aug. Three of our team met with George Yule and Dave MacDermid yesterday to discuss the results of the survey, and AFC are pleased with the quality of the presentation and the results (un sanitised...!!!) yielded. Most of the results were part of the clubs thinking anyway.

The reasons for the results delay are:

1. The guys collating the >2500 responses (including +1000 written comments) work full-time and do this (voluntarily) in their spare time.

2. We sent the results to the club Mon 5th Sep, but wanted to give them ample time to digest the detail before meeting with DST and then doing the website post and press releases.

As stated before, we do this because we are Dons fans wanting to try and help the fans of our club have a bigger say and make improvements where we can. There is NO agenda. I would be delighted to hear what some of the dissenters do in their spare time to help the fans of our club???

Thanks to all who took part in the survey and for the positive comments received on this thread. Hopefully Together we will get the stadium we hope for!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not only would this explain the weeks of delay, which looks shady enough in itself, but it would also explain the results, which have quite possibly being altered to show favour to the lego brick stadium. It's important to remember that this benefits the agenda of both AFC and DST.

Always thought you were a bit of a WANK

• Downvote 1

Ok Mr 360 and a couple of other truth disbelievers... We will say again, for the final time, that 100% the results are EXACTLY the same now as they were when the survey closed 1 month ago on 15th Aug. Three of our team met with George Yule and Dave MacDermid yesterday to discuss the results of the survey, and AFC are pleased with the quality of the presentation and the results (un sanitised...!!!) yielded. Most of the results were part of the clubs thinking anyway.

The reasons for the results delay are:

1. The guys collating the >2500 responses (including +1000 written comments) work full-time and do this (voluntarily) in their spare time.

2. We sent the results to the club Mon 5th Sep, but wanted to give them ample time to digest the detail before meeting with DST and then doing the website post and press releases.

As stated before, we do this because we are Dons fans wanting to try and help the fans of our club have a bigger say and make improvements where we can. There is NO agenda. I would be delighted to hear what some of the dissenters do in their spare time to help the fans of our club???

Thanks to all who took part in the survey and for the positive comments received on this thread. Hopefully Together we will get the stadium we hope for!

In my spare time I use sock puppet accounts and troll local surveys with lies