Zgemma

redstrummer

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant bit of kit. I have 2. and also got the old man for his Xmas.

Upgrade to one of the boxes that has a build in hard drive so you can pause and record.

Pretty much plug In and play, and all the channels are the same numbers as Sky so easy to switch channels.

Top notch. Really good depending on who you get your line from. Ping me a PM and I'll send you the link to the one I got. Had it 2 months and never even a glitch.

Highly recommend.

Zgemma or VU+ solo2 ? For the cost of the VU i'd be as well staying with SKY . Just went with BT for my broadband and plan to cancel SKY tomorrow . Will get the BT sports , can add SKY Sports HD for £27 p/m but was looking to get one of these boxes instead however they look horrin complicated to set up and you can't get the SKY sports in HD

Thought the Zgemma for under a hundred quid one have been worth a punt but forget £600 plus for the VU

Zgemma or VU+ solo2 ? For the cost of the VU i'd be as well staying with SKY . Just went with BT for my broadband and plan to cancel SKY tomorrow . Will get the BT sports , can add SKY Sports HD for £27 p/m but was looking to get one of these boxes instead however they look horrin complicated to set up and you can't get the SKY sports in HD

Thought the Zgemma for under a hundred quid one have been worth a punt but forget £600 plus for the VU

It's plug and play with ZGemma. Absolute piece of piss.

Zgemma runs vu+ images & is a cloned vu+ but one bad update & your box is an expensive door stopper, you can get a cloned vu+ sunray at the same price which will run kodi. Cardsharing which is what you guys are calling lines/gifts will come to an end very soon so all you will be left with is a freesat box that runs a crap version of kodi.

Zgemma runs vu+ images & is a cloned vu+ but one bad update & your box is an expensive door stopper, you can get a cloned vu+ sunray at the same price which will run kodi. Cardsharing which is what you guys are calling lines/gifts will come to an end very soon so all you will be left with is a freesat box that runs a crap version of kodi.

What do you recommend ? I'm not away to spunk £600 plus

What do you recommend ? I'm not away to spunk £600 plus

I wouldn't either but the solo2 is under £200 takes an internal hdd & runs the vu+ kodi version, a sunray version probably costs half that & does the same but you need to be careful when it comes to updates same as zgemma.

Stick a motor between any of these boxes & your dish & you will never be stuck for anything to watch.

What did you get ? From where and how much ?

I got mine from a seller on Ebay, they come with a 24/36 month "gift" = subscription, they after that expires then it is circa £15 a month. The box cost about £120, but better paying a bit more to get the build in hard drive, one of mine has an external hard drive that I had previously connected which works the same, but not so neat.

I normally use my Fire stick for movies, but used the Zgemma with Kodi direct last night to watch Rouge one with the bairn and it worked surprisingly very well.

Top notch. Really good depending on who you get your line from. Ping me a PM and I'll send you the link to the one I got. Had it 2 months and never even a glitch.

Highly recommend.

When we finally get a move I'll have to get you to give me the link. Kodi's fantastic but I think the hardware (stick) is the thing underperforming. Oh, and our awful Sky wifi.

I got mine from a seller on Ebay, they come with a 24/36 month "gift" = subscription, they after that expires then it is circa £15 a month. The box cost about £120, but better paying a bit more to get the build in hard drive, one of mine has an external hard drive that I had previously connected which works the same, but not so neat.

I normally use my Fire stick for movies, but used the Zgemma with Kodi direct last night to watch Rouge one with the bairn and it worked surprisingly very well.

Snap. Fucked about with it and got Deepwater Horizon in 1080.

The guy I got it from also has an IPTV for 50 a year which gets rave reviews.

lol

How's the BT router for through wa's? Hoping to have a 3 storey house soon, ken cause I'm big time, and considering putting the internet through the sockets. If the BT router is any use then we might nae need to. Plan is to have a desk in the loft I think so we'll need an arite speed up there.

How's the BT router for through wa's? Hoping to have a 3 storey house soon, ken cause I'm big time, and considering putting the internet through the sockets. If the BT router is any use then we might nae need to. Plan is to have a desk in the loft I think so we'll need an arite speed up there.

The speed will be the same in the loft as it is the floor below Pudgie. FFS.

if it's a new build house you won't have any issues.

If it's an old granite one you still won't have any issues.

Zgemma works better hard lined into the router apparently but I have mine through wifi and it's perfect.

The speed will be the same in the loft as it is the floor below Pudgie. FFS.

if it's a new build house you won't have any issues.

If it's an old granite one you still won't have any issues.

Zgemma works better hard lined into the router apparently but I have mine through wifi and it's perfect.

Nope. Depends on the quality of the WiFi reception. I get shite speeds in our living room further away from the router than the living room with the router in it.

I use TP-Link power line adaptors. Get the ones that boost the wi-fi signal/create a new wifi connection and you can plug lan cables into to hardwire your desktop, smart TV, console etc.

did you not see ryan Reynolds in our last ad?

haha, fundamental lack of knowledge as to the myseries of wifi there my mulleted amigo

to get further range, you would use the 2.4ghz channel over the 5ghz, but sacrifice speed

For the majority of time the internet itself is the bottleneck in speed so varying signal strengths for Wifi don't matter a jot. If your Wi-fi link shat itself so much that it was a lower speed than your internet was capable of then yes you'd notice a slow down.

Anyway there's a thread for all this boring wi-fi shit.

This is about ZGemma which is the dog's bollocks.

by the internet itself, you mean servers you are connecting to?

id dispute that in the majority of cases

even someone with a 70mb connection, if they have 3/4 devices to it at once then of course their own broadband is going to be the bottleneck, especially if it's all UHD stuff

Wrong thread.

However that's not Pudgie's complaint using several devices.

his complaint is having a worse speed in the loft than downstairs, which you incorrectly advised him is irrelevant

its not, so I told him the truth and explained why

:)

It's irrelevant in the context of the thread which is about ZGemma boxes.

:offtopic: and clogging up the thread with drivel.

Find the BT thread for this chat please.

did you not see ryan Reynolds in our last ad?

Thankfully nae.

Wifi speed is irrelevant for ZGemma boxes anyway as you get the satellite signal through your satellite dish and the cables from the LMB. Internet connection just activates the package and the channels that are scrambled. (Paid for ones through Sky)

Shite. Is it a sky satelite you need for it? Think it's just cooncil telly they have at the moment.

to get further range, you would use the 2.4ghz channel over the 5ghz, but sacrifice speed

Arite. Might look into what the sacrifice is for where we are. Fuck knows how long we'll be there.