AFC Chat aims to be the best Aberdeen FC fans forum on the internet, and in order for all our members to get the best out of the site we've got a few simple rules to follow.
1. We're all here to discuss and debate the Dons - and we encourage different opinions to be put out there. It's easy to get into a heated debate - but try and keep topics on the subject at hand and avoid getting too personal. Any sort of personal abuse or offensive posts are not welcome, we're all on the same side after all.
2. Before you start a new thread or post a new article, have a quick look at the forum to see if there's already a thread on the go about it. Try and avoid duplication as repeat threads will be merged.
3. Remember the Moderation team are here to help the site run smoothly. While we'll strive to help and assist members whenever we can, we're not here to be abused. We like to think we're approachable, so if you have any questions about the site then please do PM us.
4. Duplicate accounts are not allowed - one account should be enough for everyone. Users creating duplicate accounts will be banned.
5. While we all like a wind up now and again, we don't encourage "fishing" on the football forums - any issues regarding this will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
6. If you notice anything objectionable, then please use the "report" button rather than getting drawn into an argument on the main forum. Be assured that your report will be picked up by a mod, and dealt with as soon as possible.
7. This is a family site, so no pornographic images are permitted. If you wish to post something of that nature in The Pub, then make sure you make clear in the topic title that it contains material not suitable for work or family viewing. A swear filter is also in place, and we ask you not to attempt to bypass it.
8. No spam.
9. Do not reveal personal information of other forum users such as personal names.
10. Above all, we want you to enjoy the forums. We don't want to have to issue warnings, suspensions and bannings unless necessary.
11. Please try and keep threads on topic.
We know conversation often naturally branches out into different directions, but try and keep things on track where possible and think whether your conversation might be better suited to PM. Posts may be removed if they stray too far off the beaten track
12. Obfuscating and/or posting content that is hard to read or follow, by means of fonts, formats, styling properties, colours, as well as using forum posting functions contrary to their intended purpose. These can be visually annoying and break the flow of discussion in topics.
AFC-Chat is not responsible for the content posted on the site for which is solely owned by the authors of each respective post.
Although we attempt to monitor and moderate the contents of posts to insure that our rules are being met, we cannot guarantee that all posts are seen by moderators and we rely on other members to help report content which breaks rules. Although we encourage users to use the report function to flag potential posts which break rules, continued and wrongful abuse of the report function will be seen in a negative light and may result in sanctions.
Enjoy the forums!
Our Data Protection policy conforms with the The Data Protection Act 1998. Our Policy applies to all requests made by the Police, a local authority or other authorised agencies for personal data held by AFC-Chat, where the requestor seeks that information for the purposes of the prevention or detection of crime, and also where it is not appropriate for the requestor to seek that information from the individual(s) concerned.