Red TV

RED TV - Is it worth it?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. RED TV - Is it worth it?

• Yes
    • No

11 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

McHunnis gave Lewis the captain’s armband and Lewis has been shocking of late.

4-0 v Sevco... starting line-up decimated; 2 deflections and a penalty

1-1 v Hamilton... a debatable offside, and great save late on prevented a loss.

2-1 v St. Mirren... a deflection and a howler

1-1 v St. Mirren... a penalty and down to 10 men

If not for the huge late mistake v St. Mirren in the League Cup I don't believe you'd be saying that he has been 'shocking' of late.

The team's recent poor run has been mostly down to the unavailability of our first choice players.

Unfortunately, the bench has been effected also.

We couldn't have foreseen having so many unavailable at once.

Ferguson, McCrorie, and McGeouch all missing from the midfield at once is bad enough, but add Watkins, Hayes, Wright, McLellan, etc. and it would have taken a miracle for our results not to suffer.

(We even introduced a 16 year old at Ibrox.)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

I have tried buying actual PPTV last few matches to see if it improves it, but I still get really poor motion- almost as if the refresh rate isn't even 25hz.

The motion isn't smooth and its not overly pleasant to watch 

Anyone else get this?

Last week at Ross County was fairly brutal. 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

As in the motion thing i mean?

Its hard to explain, but its similar to my nowtv issues I had when it looked the same as redtv 

Turns out it was because even with now boost,  it was 25 and not 50hz on the youview box

Switched to the ps5 and its perfectly smooth

Any of your mates able to point you in the right direction of a decent internet provider?

• 6 months later...

He's freelance so I'm not sure what happens when Killie and the Dons are playing on the same day. Maybe he's with us now on a better deal or just wants work at a bigger club.  Loved his enthusiasm picking up on the crowd atmosphere and saying things like " You can feel it's coming" just as Ramsay hit the corner for Andy's goal  - magic timing. And " Did you ever imagine in your wildest dreams ...? " when we were all over them in the second half. 

I was at the match so wasn't aware they had been a change until I watched it back on RedTV. The pair of them were excellent, really backing the team and reacting like us fans. Tosh is an ex-Don and a fan anyway. Fifers can be fans too so that's not an issue and he's done well in commentary before. I agree that Bargh was a big step up in standard from McDiarmid  whom I've never liked. However I did miss the post match interviews as I liked Shinie's couthy style, often asking the questions fans would want to ask.

Not sure who is coordinating the whole RedTV match day experience but with Rob McLean and these guys the whole thing is so much more professional. It might be Mal Panton's doing as he does a lot of great work behind the scenes and with does insightful and entertaining interviews.

3 hours ago, Wee Alickie said:

He's freelance so I'm not sure what happens when Killie and the Dons are playing on the same day. Maybe he's with us now on a better deal or just wants work at a bigger club.  Loved his enthusiasm picking up on the crowd atmosphere and saying things like " You can feel it's coming" just as Ramsay hit the corner for Andy's goal  - magic timing. And " Did you ever imagine in your wildest dreams ...? " when we were all over them in the second half. 

I was at the match so wasn't aware they had been a change until I watched it back on RedTV. The pair of them were excellent, really backing the team and reacting like us fans. Tosh is an ex-Don and a fan anyway. Fifers can be fans too so that's not an issue and he's done well in commentary before. I agree that Bargh was a big step up in standard from McDiarmid  whom I've never liked. However I did miss the post match interviews as I liked Shinie's couthy style, often asking the questions fans would want to ask.

Not sure who is coordinating the whole RedTV match day experience but with Rob McLean and these guys the whole thing is so much more professional. It might be Mal Panton's doing as he does a lot of great work behind the scenes and with does insightful and entertaining interviews.

I did wonder whether McDairmid and Shinie would be off sooner rather than later if we're really trying to put together a more professional package. They were just like two old blokes down the pub trying to commentate on the game sometimes, bit cringeworthy - although you could never fault their enthusiasm. It's good having a couple of guests for some insight before and after the game and at half time. Overall it's a pretty good offering I'd say. 

I used to like watching some of the U20 highlights a few years back too - when the likes of Scott Wright and the Ross's were on the verge of breaking through - hope they bring that back when the youngsters league restarts.

34 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I did wonder whether McDairmid and Shinie would be off sooner rather than later if we're really trying to put together a more professional package. They were just like two old blokes down the pub trying to commentate on the game sometimes, bit cringeworthy - although you could never fault their enthusiasm. It's good having a couple of guests for some insight before and after the game and at half time. Overall it's a pretty good offering I'd say. 

I used to like watching some of the U20 highlights a few years back too - when the likes of Scott Wright and the Ross's were on the verge of breaking through - hope they bring that back when the youngsters league restarts.

Fuck Scott Wright, Judas Hun Cunt 

4 hours ago, Wee Alickie said:

It made a huge difference having Andy Bargh I think. Clearly someone who is a bright prospect as a commentator. It just felt more professional. I understand he's doing Aberdeen games on a rota with one or two others this season. I think we might be getting Jamie Lyall, who does the Ross County games, as well? Time will tell. 

6 hours ago, Wee Alickie said:

Hopefully he stays behind the scenes cause his interviews are fucking shite ?

Andy Bargh light years better than the chuckle brothers McDermid and Shiney

6 hours ago, NEM said:

Hopefully he stays behind the scenes cause his interviews are fucking shite ?

Andy Bargh light years better than the chuckle brothers McDermid and Shiney

Yeah, malcolm seems a good guy and does a lot but his interview technique is spectacularly awkward. 

• 2 months later...