Eck to Birmingham

Guest redbrigade

Guest redbrigade
I agree with the fact that money would be a factor but Club management is far different to National Management. He is leaving Scotland on a high and day to day management at a club is what managers thrive on.

Yeah I agree. He's 9 months without a competitive match if he stayed with Scotland, although I would have perferred him to stay!

frigging ungreatful Brummies :)

If he is the manager who will impress Blues fans by his appointment, I must say I am distinctly unimpressed, Mr Sullivan.

I was expecting much more after Sullivan''s promises.

Sad, but you just can't believe anything DS says.

It suits McLeish right now, which is why we look like getting him. Let's be honest, options look a bit thin on the ground so we'll just have to hope he can do the business and keep us up.

Definitely NO....

After last Saturdays game it is clear we are desperately in need of a manager - so much so have we, and the board, lowered our aspirations?

I have not rated McLeish (don't be fooled by Scotland, that was Walter Smiths work) but now I am desperate for us to talk and get him. I just wonder,as well, whether he is not the Boards ideal target, but he is the easiest to approach as they now know we need to act quickly.

I don't want appear to be negative, I'm just stuck in no mans land.

The Scottish teams system was all set up by Smith. McLeish just had to carry on the good work. And you or me could finish in the top two and or win a cup in Scotland if we were in charge of Celtic or Rangers. Plus one of those two SPL titles was won because Celtic tripped over their own feet.
  • Site Sponsor
4 times the salary the SFA are paying him.

If true, you can see him taking it.

He'll be great to start but once he brings in his own players that is when it goes wrong for him. Precisely what happened for him at Motherwell, Hibs and the Huns.

Feel totally let down by Eck - what a piss poor descion and i think he'll get relegated with them.

i always wanted him to come back to AFc one day, but now i don't think i'd want him anywhere near the club - no room for money grabbers at AFC

A) I thought, that rather than resigning, he has just decided not to take the option of a new contract? Thats not really bailing out a job.... the qualifiers don't start for months!

B) I think its day to day involvement in football, and his burning ambition to manage in the premiership that motivated him...

I think he'll keep them up... with Forssel, O'Connor, Jerome & McSheffrey I think they'll find the goals from somewhere..... Also the boy De Ridder looks like a real find!

A) I thought, that rather than resigning, he has just decided not to take the option of a new contract? Thats not really bailing out a job.... the qualifiers don't start for months!

B) I think its day to day involvement in football, and his burning ambition to manage in the premiership that motivated him...

I think he'll keep them up... with Forssel, O'Connor, Jerome & McSheffrey I think they'll find the goals from somewhere..... Also the boy De Ridder looks like a real find!

what would motivate anyone to manage a club with a totally uncertain future :angry2:

He was contracted until 2010, as far as I understand.

frigg it... At least he didn't walk out halfway through a qualification campaign, proclaim himself to be the messiah of Scottish football, and then lie about the SFA not offering him a new contract! He's a relatively young manager, and sitting on his ass doing nothing for half the year can't be fun. He's given us as much time as is possible to find a new coach too, so fair play to him.

Good luck Eck.

Disappointed but it was predictable.

The long term problem is that any manager doing a good job for Scotland makes himself a target for English teams with more cash.

Further indication that the Premiership will swallow up all British football before long, the irony is that while generating funds the football is usually poor.

Guest LondonScottish
what a twat.

14th best team in the world or a relegation dog-fight at a club enduring boardroom shenanigans?

Lost a lot of respect for McLeish.

It's not as if

It was going to happen, not really got a problem with it. Obviously it's annoying but it was his ambition to manage in the Premiership and he's got his chance now. One bad campaign with us in the World Cup Qualifiers could have spoiled that chance. I rekon he'll be the national team manager again.

I don't necessarily agree with his decision, but I understand it. Day-to-day involvment in the biggest league in the world, and up to 4 times his previous salary. Birmingham have the potential to be a mid-table team, but nothing more. Perhaps this will lead him on to bigger things? I wish him luck.

What got me though was that Scotland got