Films

5 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Those films are absolute garbage :laughing:

watched the first een (for the first time in years) a month or so ago on the insistence of some young bam out here saying it was ace (it isn’t) 

hasn’t aged well, and from what I’ve seen of the other ones, they are even worse/unintentionally comical   

yawn.gif

No Time To Die

Solid enough Jimmy Bond outing. Nice throwback with the Aston Martin DB5 getting another thrashing.

Villain of the piece was a bit weak.

Lots of PC box ticking going on, Bond now a loved up family man?

The ending was quite surprising too in terms of continuing the franchise.

No boobage

On 10/12/2021 at 1:55 PM, thedandydon said:

No Time To Die

Solid enough Jimmy Bond outing. Nice throwback with the Aston Martin DB5 getting another thrashing.

Villain of the piece was a bit weak.

Lots of PC box ticking going on, Bond now a loved up family man?

The ending was quite surprising too in terms of continuing the franchise.

No boobage

Does Bond get bummed to death after Rami Malek gets a blow to the head, forgets where he is and still thinks he's in Freddie Mercury mode? 

12 hours ago, styrofoamplates said:

Halloween Kills

Decent enough sequel to Halloween 2018. A fun enough film, with some brutal and brilliant kills. 

But it does have some issues that I'm not delighted about as a fan of the series and feels like it's just setting it up for Halloween Ends next year. 

No tits. 

I liked the last reboot, bringing back Curtis was a good move and she did well. I've reasonably high hopes for this one, after being slightly disappointed with the Rob Zombie reboots (too much mystique was killed IMHO).

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 9:39 AM, Bad_Mobby said:

Heat 

Not aged well at all. Pish - 4/10

True Romance 

Aged well. Perfek - 10/10 

Heat is pish!? Come away. Fucking quality film imo. 

True Romance is brilliant, aye. 

Went to see 'The French Dispatch' the other day. 

For me, his best film. Totally original and unique, his entire craft at its peak throughout the film. Magic. Beautiful. 

9/10

9 hours ago, thedandydon said:

Dune pt1 (2021)

Soundtrack and cinematography is on point, definitely one to see on the big screen.

There’s a lot to unpack with the plot, especially if you’re not familiar with the book or original film (I’m not).

No stand out performances but overall a decent sci-fi flick.

Nae tits.

The David Lynch version is probably the worst film I have ever seen. Quite liked the book, but haven't read it since I was a teenage, so no idea if it stands up.

Freeway.

Well worth a repeat viewing. 

It's a take on Little Red Riding Hood, except Red Riding Hood is a borderline psychopath who's on her way to grandma's house, and the Big Bad Wolf is a mad serial-killer rapist paedo.

It's terrific stuff. 

La Chinois- 7/10.

Good bit of cinema but because it was in French I think a lot of the humour didn't translate. 

Face- 6-10

A bit bloody hammy for my taste, but still a decent enough watch and I quite enjoyed Rab Carlyles cockney. Almost had it. Big Winston is actually pretty good in it. Few good lines from the cast. 

The Witch- 8/10. 

Excellent film. Anna Taylor-Joy is a stunner as well. Fancy her a great deal.  Can tell heaps of work went in to making it historically accurate, just an ace film. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

La Chinois- 7/10.

Good bit of cinema but because it was in French I think a lot of the humour didn't translate. 

Face- 6-10

A bit bloody hammy for my taste, but still a decent enough watch and I quite enjoyed Rab Carlyles cockney. Almost had it. Big Winston is actually pretty good in it. Few good lines from the cast. 

The Witch- 8/10. 

Excellent film. Anna Taylor-Joy is a stunner as well. Fancy her a great deal.  Can tell heaps of work went in to making it historically accurate, just an ace film. 

If its so ace, surely deserves more than an 8/10?

36 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

The Lighthouse 8/10.

I'd describe this film as an acquired taste. I enjoyed it and would recommend it however I can guarantee some would hate it.

Don't apologise for liking it. 

It's a cracking film. 

9/10 for me.