Films

On 10/29/2021 at 9:33 PM, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Went to see 'The French Dispatch' the other day. 

For me, his best film. Totally original and unique, his entire craft at its peak throughout the film. Magic. Beautiful. 

9/10

Far too arty farty for my taste. Of the three sections only the third passed muster for me.

BTW, you can't review this and not mention it has tits. Full frontal too. Not only tits but absolutely definitely would tits. How can you miss that out.

Watched a load of shit last night, couldn’t sleep. 

the Huntsman - Liam Neeson. Tidy Mexican mum with gorgeous thighs but very limited cameo. Boring and predictable

At Astra - Brad Pitt astronaut nonsense. Didn’t even get to the end. 

going back to pervy french films from now on 

4 hours ago, Poodler said:

the Huntsman - Liam Neeson. Tidy Mexican mum with gorgeous thighs but very limited cameo. Boring and predictable

He's Northern Irish, nae Mexican. ?‍♂️

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

It’s basically Ghostbusters 1 but with kids. There's plot holes all over the shop but its not terrible. Certainly plays on the nostalgia angle to give it some credibility. The original cast (sans Moranis) are shoehorned in to remind us how great the 80’s were for comedy actors. Ironically, real-life ghost Harold Ramis has the biggest presence.

The tick-box next gen ‘busters have been set up for a sequel, as per the post-credit scene that you wished they’d started this one from.

6/10, no tits.

1 hour ago, thedandydon said:

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

It’s basically Ghostbusters 1 but with kids. There's plot holes all over the shop but its not terrible. Certainly plays on the nostalgia angle to give it some credibility. The original cast (sans Moranis) are shoehorned in to remind us how great the 80’s were for comedy actors. Ironically, real-life ghost Harold Ramis has the biggest presence.

The tick-box next gen ‘busters have been set up for a sequel, as per the post-credit scene that you wished they’d started this one from.

6/10, no tits.

Does it reference the birds Ghostbusters film?

13 hours ago, Poodler said:

I'd have thought Ad Astra would have been perfect to induce sleep.

Last Night In Soho.

Billed as either a horror or suspense genre. I found it neither. Didn't like or dislike it. Did find it somewhat annoying though.

Shepherd.

Lower budget job but well made for all that. If you don't like slow, don't go. It can't really be anything other than slow though given it's based on a guy on an island on his own. I kinda went along with it, accepting of the pace but ultimately the ending did nothing for me. I guess people will have differing interpretations of how it all ended. Doubt I could watch it twice.

2 hours ago, Poodler said:

Just back from seeing the Dinosaur Jr filum at the Belmont 

J mascis is hard work to watch but some great live and studio footage with lots of good cameos.

never really got them when I was younger but really really into them these days. Great sound. Worth a watch IMO. No tits 

Ffs, never even knew about this. Hopefully gets another showing

On 11/28/2021 at 10:05 AM, For Fecks Sake said:

Went to see the new Ghostbusters last night and have to say it was pretty darn good. 7.5/10

Now the trailer for the new Matrix....... ?

Yeah it was ok. Really quite Spielbergian in many ways which I guess is compliment enough.

Matrix? Oh no not for me, not going by the trailer. The other trailers were Spiderman and Top Gun 2. Swerving those as well.