Films

6 hours ago, jamiesd said:

Just ordered this. Not seen it in years.  Probably shite.

That movie is very unnerving in a surreal, dreamlike way, similar to, Don't Look Now (1973) with Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie. The Appointment was a lost film for years, the original camera negative was lost, then a print was found a few years ago. Full film used to be on Daily Motion but not any more, that's where I sae it and was unnerved by it! Very weird film.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Finally watched the killers of the flower moon and as usual immense from De Niro and Leo. 

Indeed. But the best performance was by Lily Gladstone as Mollie Kyle. I was watching a video on YT on "Indian Peter" Williamson, the guy from Aboyne...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Williamson_(memoirist)

Two-part video, 37 minutes in total...

Needs to be made into a film. Amazing story.

• Upvote 1
On 12/11/2023 at 12:09 AM, Jigsaw666 said:

Napoleon

Been swithering on whether or not to go to this given its length but relented tonight. The general opinion seems to be battle scenes great / Josephine parts not so. That's pretty much it tbh. That said, overall I enjoyed it. 

I like the bit where he does sweet jumps on his bike and then Pedro builds a cake for a lady

13 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Watched part 1 yesterday in the office and will get part 2 done today.

#countdowntochristmasandcannotbearsed

It makes me laugh when people think that watching a long film is difficult. It isn't. It would be in a cinema and folk have watched the 7.5 hour War and Peace in cinemas in one sitting with breaks. I mean, people binge-watch entire series of Game of Thrones, they mainline that shit in one go. I used to do that, but I can't sit for that long now. Euros and Copa America in the summer will be brutal, 12 hours of fitba watching per day. Then Club World Cup in 2025 and World Cup in 2026, 6 matches per day in the group stage, brutal. Jesus min, that summer is going to be fucking CARNAGE.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Actually kinda stoked to see Beverly Hills Cop 4.

They're calling it Axel F, because fuck knows why. It's Beverly Hills Cop 4. 

Coming to America 2 was pure pish, who's idea was that? Weak sauce comedy. I hate those Bev Hills Cop films, overrated as fuck. 48 Hours is waaaaaaaay better and Another 48 Hours would have been great, but it was cut from 145 minutes to 126 minutes then 95 minutes and it makes no sense and is just shit.

Eddie Murphy is overrated, sorry. His stand up is bad now, dated, crass. I love Richard Pryor, a true genius of stand up and a great actor, but he never got the roles he deserved, alas. 

“Leave the World Behind”, new Netflix movie starring Julia Roberts (who looks like a man btw).

Apocalyptic type movie about the internet being shutdown. Load of shite really however it’s interesting in that it’s blatant predictive programming, no subtlety anymore.

Of course the executive producers are globalist elites Barack and Mike Obama 🤔 

On 12/14/2023 at 4:32 PM, Ke1t said:

Actually kinda stoked to see Beverly Hills Cop 4.

They're calling it Axel F, because fuck knows why. It's Beverly Hills Cop 4. 

1st one, original and amusing. 2nd a decent tribute to the first but still lesser than. 3rd an absolute clusterfuck of utter nonsense. Going only by the trailer the 4th looks like the comedy is forced and the action scenes overblown. Well that's my  prediction anyway.

• Upvote 1

Society Of The Snow

Retelling of the story of the Uruguayan rugby team whose plane crashed in the Andes in 1972. 

Got to say I found this engrossing. The crash itself was very effective and the rest of it was also excellent. It's in Spanish with subtitles but don't let it put you off. Far superior to Alive from the 1990s and I recommend it.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Society Of The Snow

Retelling of the story of the Uruguayan rugby team whose plane crashed in the Andes in 1972. 

Got to say I found this engrossing. The crash itself was very effective and the rest of it was also excellent. It's in Spanish with subtitles but don't let it put you off. Far superior to Alive from the 1990s and I recommend it.

Hard to imagine it's better than Alive.