Jump to content
Jocky Balboa

The "now Playing" Music Thread!

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Taking it back to the old school: 

 

 

 

 

What's your favourite album Parklife? Do you favour a particular Coast?

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, G31DON said:

 

 

What's your favourite album Parklife? Do you favour a particular Coast?

Wouldn't say I have a favourite album tbh. Go through phases of listening different styles and artists. At present it's that early 90's west coast G-Funk style. Love the complete chilled out nature of it all. Can shut your eyes, listen and just imagine it's a roasting summers day and your enroute to a BBQ with your mates. 

Loads of great rappers from both coasts (and plenty places in between), no favourite here. 

You in to old school rap at all? 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Parklife said:

Wouldn't say I have a favourite album tbh. Go through phases of listening different styles and artists. At present it's that early 90's west coast G-Funk style. Love the complete chilled out nature of it all. Can shut your eyes, listen and just imagine it's a roasting summers day and your enroute to a BBQ with your mates. 

Loads of great rappers from both coasts (and plenty places in between), no favourite here. 

You in to old school rap at all? 

Not at all.  Listened to Black on both sides quite a lot when it came out and the first J5 album and Beastie Boys, that's about my Hip hop knowledge.  I was a classic skinny white indie kid.

Share this post


Link to post

Jesus these songs are from so long ago now.  I'm old 😩

 

Share this post


Link to post

Love this record, album is a cracker too.

 

Share this post


Link to post

@Misers Hill

 

I remember the excitement when this was due to come out.  Remember being excited about CD singles coming out?  Arrrhgggghhhhhh

 

Share this post


Link to post

Ear bleed gig at the Lemon Tree.  Quite possibly the reason for my tinnitus.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Cop Shoot Cop from LAGWAFIS is is a beautiful immersive experience too.  17 minutes sat reclined while on some kind of intoxicant is 17 minutes well spent.

 

I want some drugs.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Some good stuff @G31DON

 

I think we have similar tastes in music.  I just like anything that is joyous or powerful.  Don't care if it is Katy Perry or Lee Scratch Perry: a great track is a great track.

Always think of Girls Aloud Love machine.  It's just a great track even though its them.  Rocket Man By old Elton is perfect, don't really like anything else by him.  Poker face etc etc

Share this post


Link to post

 

Another Scorsese perfect pick.  Would like to see his record collection.

Share this post


Link to post

King Louis' voice in the jungle book.  epsrit

 

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, G31DON said:

I think we have similar tastes in music.  I just like anything that is joyous or powerful.  Don't care if it is Katy Perry or Lee Scratch Perry: a great track is a great track.

Always think of Girls Aloud Love machine.  It's just a great track even though its them.  Rocket Man By old Elton is perfect, don't really like anything else by him.  Poker face etc etc

Tiny Dancer for me (Rocket Man a close second)

im still bloody dancing comes in third (he’s no Rod Stewart) 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, G31DON said:

@Misers Hill

 

I remember the excitement when this was due to come out.  Remember being excited about CD singles coming out?  Arrrhgggghhhhhh

 

SERIOUSLY...do yourself a favour.🇨🇳.go on YouTube ...hit ..dogs mans star...20 anniversary cd live  ...17 song encore...

Then report back😂

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Misers Hill said:

SERIOUSLY...do yourself a favour.🇨🇳.go on YouTube ...hit ..dogs mans star...20 anniversary cd live  ...17 song encore...

Then report back😂

Away you go, I was a Suede fan from The Drowners- had a mint 12" copy but sold it on ebay. Brett was my hero circa 1994

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...