Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

5 hours ago, Roberto said:

Chisora raging he lost.

Unfortunately I didn't see it as I was shattered and conked out.

I did wake at 4 for Ruiz fight. Certainly think it was closer than judges said. Ruiz doesn't possess the same power after the weight loss. 

Could have went either way but I thought Chisora edged it.  One of the cards was silly.

Not a huge fan of wifey's boxing but Taylor v Jones was a fair scrap

18 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Perhaps slight element of this but remember Canelo sorted out getting his brother back the day before a fight from a drug cartel, so it'll take a lot more to get completely in his head.

There will be a lot more to come I am sure, but the tactics may well be working slightly or it's just going to anger the guy.

Regardless I'm buzzing for Saturday.

On the flip side I've never once seen him animated like he was yesterday and shouting, calling them pussies, it's little but it's way different from how he carries himself.

I'm looking forward to it, for years I've said Billy Joe beats him and I still believe he has the ability to do it.

34 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I find it amusing that him and Tyson Fury are riling many people in the boxing world.

They get underneath people's skin and back it up. I hope BJS does the business on the Mexican but can't see it happening.

You be watching with your bowl of nachos and desperados beer?

Tyson's alright.

Saunders has been a prick for a long time, type of geezer i don't get on with at all in real life.

He'll get the Canelo body shot, craaaaack.

Round 10.

On 5/5/2021 at 4:20 PM, The Cockney Don said:

Tyson's alright.

Saunders has been a prick for a long time, type of geezer i don't get on with at all in real life.

He'll get the Canelo body shot, craaaaack.

Round 10.

Alvarez on points for me. 

Saunders will move and try and box him on the outside but won't have the power to stop him when he does land. 

And that's the only way he can get the win.

If it goes to points it will be Alvarez that gets it. 

Hope I'm wrong though. I'm fed up of the Alvarez show. 

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Alvarez on points for me. 

Saunders will move and try and box him on the outside but won't have the power to stop him when he does land. 

And that's the only way he can get the win.

If it goes to points it will be Alvarez that gets it. 

Hope I'm wrong though. I'm fed up of the Alvarez show. 

Aye that’s what I see happening. Saunders will cause him problems with his footwork and movement but he doesn’t have the power to trouble Canelo. Think Alvarez will win by 2 or 3 rounds on the cards 

I have it the same off of one viewing, Billy Joe boxed well enough but like you said he doesn't have the power to hurt someone like Canelo.  That lovely little punch to the body then face from BJS that caught Canelo by surprise would've done some damage if he had power.  Canelo just on another level though and the damage he caused with one punch is insane. 

3 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

No matter how often you try to re-write the record, the truth cannot be altered.

It's too nice a day to try to help you just now but I'll give you some great advice later.

Think back to your rehabilitation. They would have taught you about the need for self discipline and you would've learned that dedication to the truth is one of the four tenets of self discipline. This was articulated in the book I recommended to you, the same one I've recommended to more people than any other, the one that puts forward the proposition that everyone is mentally ill, only to varying degrees. Its first three words were "Life is difficult", just to remind you.

Unless they fobbed you off with the "chemical imbalance" excuse too? Have you learned anything in the many years since we first fell out?

You wouldn't know the truth if it slapped you in the face you dottled old cunt ?

• Upvote 3

Boxing cocks it up again. Wilder v fury again, fury will box his ears off again, unless he's gone to kronk and learned how to box off the back foot. AJ v usyk is a far tougher fight, but I think aj and his size will wear usyk out. Both win, uk covid clear, mega fight at Wembley please!

3 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

He's maybe Scotlands best ever fighter.  In normal times he'd be looking to fill a fitba ground for his next fight. 

Been talk for a few years of Easter Road or Edinburgh Castle. Think the castle if done right would be an amazing setting 

5 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

He's maybe Scotlands best ever fighter.  In normal times he'd be looking to fill a fitba ground for his next fight. 

He's in the conversation now with Benny and Ken that's for sure.  If he steps up and beats Crawford he may well stand alone. 

Great achievement.  Less than 20 pro fights as well.