Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

Not an AJ fan but he did as well as could be expected there - made short work of a novelty fight and got a highlight reel knockout/ made fury look silly.

Who does he fight now? Wilder? - would get the same treatment imo 

2 hours ago, Poodler said:

Not an AJ fan but he did as well as could be expected there - made short work of a novelty fight and got a highlight reel knockout/ made fury look silly.

Who does he fight now? Wilder? - would get the same treatment imo 

Will Wilder be back? Only had one fight since Fury and he was very poor.

Sounded like Hearn was pinning hopes on Fury beating Usyk and then AJ fighting Fury. I'm not convinced Fury does win that and then presumably they have some kind of rematch clause. Plus it's taken about 10 years and they've still not managed to get them to fight, so fuck knows.

Maybe Parker?

On 3/7/2024 at 5:53 PM, Bournemouth Gee said:

Jake Paul v Tyson, the most most ludicrous 'fight' in history 

Agreed. While I agree with the pundits, professionals and fans alike who say Tyson was (slightly) overrated, there's no doubt Paul wouldn't last a round with him in his prime. A joke of a fight.

5 hours ago, Poodler said:

I note with interest how the BBC and other outlets say this was a "statement win", in reality it's nothing of the sort. A world champion boxer against an MMA world champion under boxing rules is only likely to go one way. It's high time the governing bodies put a stop to this nonsense and enforced mandatory defences. We have Fury Vs Usyk then a rematch, but if the pokey wins he should be forced to fight Joshua (with rematch clause) or vacate. End of. 

• 2 weeks later...