Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

This is where people pretend they are 'real boxing people' by claiming it was close despite not having a clue about the scoring criteria. Best ignored. 

Not at all. I'm no more than a casual boxing fan 

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Patriotism clouding his judgement I think

Perhaps. 

59 minutes ago, NEM said:

Yet he probably still won 2 or 3 of them

Of the last 4 rounds? Educate me please, as I thought Taylor was the better fight in all of the last 4 rounds. I do appreciate he got a point off in one of those, which needs to be factored in. 

30 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Not at all. I'm no more than a casual boxing fan 

Perhaps. 

Of the last 4 rounds? Educate me please, as I thought Taylor was the better fight in all of the last 4 rounds. I do appreciate he got a point off in one of those, which needs to be factored in. 

Catterall outlanded him 3-1 in the final two rounds and as you say Taylor had a point taken off in the 11th (harshly I thought)

8 minutes ago, NEM said:

Catterall outlanded him 3-1 in the final two rounds and as you say Taylor had a point taken off in the 11th (harshly I thought)

See I felt up until the point getting taken off of Taylor he was away to get a draw, just had a feeling due to some of the rounds being scrappy and close (in my eyes) but I didn't think he'd done no where near enough to get a draw let alone a win.

For me, I was applying the old adage of "you've got to take the belts" it's not official but most folk know that it exists, whether that's because of corruption or incompetence I don't know but it certainly gets applied to a lot of fights.  As an example, Fury v Klitschko, anyone with a brain could see Fury schooled him however there was a feeling, especially as Fury took the piss that he could get screwed over, couple of messy rounds which could have allowed the judges to favour the champion but thankfully they didn't.

I feel really sorry for Catterall, that's his career taken to a new level if the judges give the right decision.

21 minutes ago, minijc said:

See I felt up until the point getting taken off of Taylor he was away to get a draw, just had a feeling due to some of the rounds being scrappy and close (in my eyes) but I didn't think he'd done no where near enough to get a draw let alone a win.

For me, I was applying the old adage of "you've got to take the belts" it's not official but most folk know that it exists, whether that's because of corruption or incompetence I don't know but it certainly gets applied to a lot of fights.  As an example, Fury v Klitschko, anyone with a brain could see Fury schooled him however there was a feeling, especially as Fury took the piss that he could get screwed over, couple of messy rounds which could have allowed the judges to favour the champion but thankfully they didn't.

I feel really sorry for Catterall, that's his career taken to a new level if the judges give the right decision.

I'll need to watch it back as I was at the fight with the eldest.  We left at the final bell to beat the crowds thinking the result was a foregone conclusion.  Couldn't believe it when I heard Taylor had won.  The pretty universal reaction since tells you it was a robbery and the punch stats back that up.

It was a shit fight tbh, scrappy as fuck.

On that form he'd get absolutely blootered if he moves up and fights one of the big names at 147.  He did look pretty drained at the weigh in though which may have been a factor.

24 minutes ago, NEM said:

I'll need to watch it back as I was at the fight with the eldest.  We left at the final bell to beat the crowds thinking the result was a foregone conclusion.  Couldn't believe it when I heard Taylor had won.  The pretty universal reaction since tells you it was a robbery and the punch stats back that up.

It was a shit fight tbh, scrappy as fuck.

On that form he'd get absolutely blootered if he moves up and fights one of the big names at 147.  He did look pretty drained at the weigh in though which may have been a factor.

He needs a new trainer, I've stuck up for Davison before as I felt he got a hard time but Taylor has gone backwards under him which is a huge concern, the step up in weight is needed like.

5 hours ago, minijc said:

He needs a new trainer, I've stuck up for Davison before as I felt he got a hard time but Taylor has gone backwards under him which is a huge concern, the step up in weight is needed like.

Agree about Ben Davison although Taylor was possibly weight drained  he looke really gaunt

. He left Mcguigan as was offered wads more cash by that Irish crook. Fury has improved  under Sugarhill and I would say Mcguigan looks to be doing pretty well with Dubois.

Taylor going to have to up his game again at Welterweight a seriously mental division. Not just Crawford and Spence but Ortiz junior not too shabby either.

Surprised no one mentioned the Scottish Heavyweight title fight on the undercard.  just fucking  embarrassing 

4 hours ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Agree about Ben Davison although Taylor was possibly weight drained  he looke really gaunt

. He left Mcguigan as was offered wads more cash by that Irish crook. Fury has improved  under Sugarhill and I would say Mcguigan looks to be doing pretty well with Dubois.

Taylor going to have to up his game again at Welterweight a seriously mental division. Not just Crawford and Spence but Ortiz junior not too shabby either.

Surprised no one mentioned the Scottish Heavyweight title fight on the undercard.  just fucking  embarrassing 

That fat ned with the green hair had some chin and heart tbf. Wasn’t much skill on display though ?

• 2 weeks later...