Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

46 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Impossible to know but it all depends how seriously Fury has taken the fight. Whyte will be fitter and I like the way he's kept his powder dry.

I'll take all the "you don't know boxing" chat and I'll accept I might be wrong but I just can't see Fury as as good a fighter as he's rated.

I'll take 9/2 for anyone against him.

How do you know Whyte is fitter?  He's actually at one of his heaviest ever fight weights which could backfire for Whyte the longer the fight goes on.

16 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I'm fitter than Fury.

Honestly, you're entitled to your opinion but it's seriously one of the worst on here, especially when it comes to boxing.  Go watch the Wilder fights, heavier and various issues across each fight yet he was able to take some of the hardest punches in the sport and keep going, can't do that if you're not fit,  you are letting his body and shape cloud your judgement.

34 minutes ago, minijc said:

Honestly, you're entitled to your opinion but it's seriously one of the worst on here, especially when it comes to boxing.  Go watch the Wilder fights, heavier and various issues across each fight yet he was able to take some of the hardest punches in the sport and keep going, can't do that if you're not fit,  you are letting his body and shape cloud your judgement.

I've admitted I've got it wrong about Fury and AJ in the past. I'm not buying him as a great fighter though, never will. He's the best of a bad lot at the moment but he'll come a cropper.

Fingers crossed it's Saturday.

25 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I've admitted I've got it wrong about Fury and AJ in the past. I'm not buying him as a great fighter though, never will. He's the best of a bad lot at the moment but he'll come a cropper.

Fingers crossed it's Saturday.

That's not what you were arguing though, you reckon he isn't fit when he is probably the fittest and best conditioned guy for going 12 rounds, I have serious questions over Whytes ability to go a hard 12 rounds especially now he's coming in heavy.

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

That's not what you were arguing though, you reckon he isn't fit when he is probably the fittest and best conditioned guy for going 12 rounds, I have serious questions over Whytes ability to go a hard 12 rounds especially now he's coming in heavy.

No chance he's the fittest. He's big, got a great fighting brain but he's not as fit as he should be. He's not an athlete, no way. Doesn't mean he's not a good boxer but he's the best of a bad bunch at the moment.

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

In that division I think he's one of the fittest and best prepared for going 12 hard rounds, he's proved it before.  He's got a great body for fighting, too many people have a weird obsession with muscles and 6 packs when it comes to boxers, especially heavyweights.  Fury is almost a full stone lighter than when he fought Wilder, this is by design, he'll be in top condition for tomorrow night where as Whyte has history of blowing hard during fights, fights where he has been able to dictate the pace, he won't get a chance to do that tomorrow.

Aye you make a good case min. I've had a very small tickle on Whyte in 4-6 though.

4 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

No chance he's the fittest. He's big, got a great fighting brain but he's not as fit as he should be. He's not an athlete, no way. Doesn't mean he's not a good boxer but he's the best of a bad bunch at the moment.

In that division I think he's one of the fittest and best prepared for going 12 hard rounds, he's proved it before.  He's got a great body for fighting, too many people have a weird obsession with muscles and 6 packs when it comes to boxers, especially heavyweights.  Fury is almost a full stone lighter than when he fought Wilder, this is by design, he'll be in top condition for tomorrow night where as Whyte has history of blowing hard during fights, fights where he has been able to dictate the pace, he won't get a chance to do that tomorrow.

On 4/22/2022 at 6:34 PM, Bournemouth Gee said:

Buster Douglas

Just saying...

Different set of circumstances IMHO. Douglas had just lost his mother and fought the fight of his life in her honour, against a champion who was both distracted and complacent - and crucially, in his four year supposed "prime" wasn't used to not getting his own way and had been fighting cannon fodder (with the exception of the semi-retired, 38 year old Larry Holmes, he'd never beaten a true great).

Fury may sound jovial, but he always delivers the goods on the night. I don't think he takes any fight too lightly. That said, I hope he fights Joshua and then retires on top of his game, rather than carry on too long.

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2022 at 6:42 AM, Poodler said:

Haney made easy work of Kambosos Jr. awful atmosphere, hopefully the last world title fight down under. Big empty stadium. 

is there anything more embarrassing than boxing dads? They’re all absolute fools 

Kambosas old boy was quality. “You’re fucking world champion for fucks sake stick it up his fucking arse”

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 8:15 AM, NEM said:

Fury’s a fud, needs to pack it in 

Big Daddy Bunce claiming in an interview that refusal was due to hi s connection to Kinehan  

if so will potentially impact on big half brother and Josh Taylor too.

you would think that Paul will get his arse handed to him by Rahman although no doubt will be some jiggery pokery

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

Tommy Fury is a clueless cunt. Living off Tysons glory.

He ducked a fucking Disney kid twice and went into hiding.

Now claims he wouldn't get out of bed to fight Jake Paul for half a million.

The cunt will never ever EVER fight for that kind of money. He's a shite bag, the end.

I cannot believe he isn't getting more stick.

Hes a useless cunt but still think he would probably beat that even bigger fanny Paul. Never know now.

12 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Big Daddy Bunce claiming in an interview that refusal was due to hi s connection to Kinehan  

if so will potentially impact on big half brother and Josh Taylor too.

you would think that Paul will get his arse handed to him by Rahman although no doubt will be some jiggery pokery

Just watched Rahman’s last fight. 

shouldn’t have bothered