Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

Guest milne_afc
Just now, Poodler said:

Usyk noised him right up by just standing there haha 

You think that’s real? 😂😂😂😂 come awa, it’s pure WWE rubbish. They all shook hands when the tart took the mic back. 

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Aye should have been pulled out long before the ref stopped it 

I'm glad the ref did stop it, although should have been earlier.  The corner saying "You're a hard man, keep going" was sick, would 100% have Chisora on my side if I'm in a war, cunt just loves it, no quit in him.

19 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

You think that’s real? 😂😂😂😂 come awa, it’s pure WWE rubbish. They all shook hands when the tart took the mic back. 

Yeah, I found it funny but it'll just to hype up potential fights, Joyce looked like an idiot as he's too nice for the talking side of this, just sounds like a dafty. 

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Dazn heavily promoting that novelty card from last night is just embarrassing 

fit the fuck is a Salt Papi. PPV for  Computer nerd punch ups. 

Dazn are fucked financially so they'll punt anything and these cards, as shit as they are they do stupid numbers due to the popularity of these youtube pricks.

Eubank Jr inherited his old man's arrogance, I see. I took great pleasure in seeing Steve Collins school him back in the day and now his son has been humbled.

On a different note, I see there's been flame wars on Dillian Whyte for his dissing Mike Tyson. While I think Tyson would have taken him in his prime, Whyte does make good points about Tyson's legacy being significantly overrated. I can't think of anyone else who has been elevated so far above their due. A great young prodigy yes, but one who never beat an all-time great Heavyweight in their prime and folded several times when given the opportunity to do so.

1 hour ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Eubank Jr inherited his old man's arrogance, I see. I took great pleasure in seeing Steve Collins school him back in the day and now his son has been humbled.

On a different note, I see there's been flame wars on Dillian Whyte for his dissing Mike Tyson. While I think Tyson would have taken him in his prime, Whyte does make good points about Tyson's legacy being significantly overrated. I can't think of anyone else who has been elevated so far above their due. A great young prodigy yes, but one who never beat an all-time great Heavyweight in their prime and folded several times when given the opportunity to do so.

What the fuck are flame wars?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 5:25 PM, Bournemouth Gee said:

I remember Lewis v Tyson, Lennox Lewis just wasn't scared of Tyson and basically dismantled him

Agreed. While it's true to say they met when Tyson was a poor imitation of his old self, he'd been avoiding Lewis for years - his team paid Lewis's camp millions in 'step-aside money' so he could take the easy matches against Bruno and the like, then it was the perpetual "I need two more fights" excuses, while he fought second-rate contenders).

People also talk of the ear-biting against Holyfield, while glossing over the fact Holyfield battered him in the first fight and was on the way to another victory in the second. 

Great though he was in his early years, Tyson never beat an all-time great Heavyweight in their prime (Larry Holmes was the only true great he ever beat, but was 38 and semi-retired, having not fought for two years). Buster Douglas merely exposed the fact he was a bully who had no Plan B when a fighter really, really stood up to him.

It's looking like Fury is merely padding out his record at this stage, though I think Usyk will at least put up a brave fight. Does anyone see a genuine contender on the horizon? And is Barry McGuigan on the money when he said there's no comparison between Fury and Lennox Lewis? I at least agree with him when he cites the difference in quality of opposition the latter beat, but I wonder how Fury would have fared in previous eras... Personally I don't think he'd have beaten Lewis or Holyfield, but it would have been interesting to see him up against the likes of Riddick Bowe, the young Klitschko's and yes, even Mike Tyson. 

11 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

It's looking like Fury is merely padding out his record at this stage, though I think Usyk will at least put up a brave fight. Does anyone see a genuine contender on the horizon? And is Barry McGuigan on the money when he said there's no comparison between Fury and Lennox Lewis? I at least agree with him when he cites the difference in quality of opposition the latter beat, but I wonder how Fury would have fared in previous eras... Personally I don't think he'd have beaten Lewis or Holyfield, but it would have been interesting to see him up against the likes of Riddick Bowe, the young Klitschko's and yes, even Mike Tyson. 

Wait, you think Usyk is a fight to pad his record?

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Wait, you think Usyk is a fight to pad his record?

I said no such thing, I was talking about the other fights that have been proposed. Other than Usyk (whom I have no doubt is a capable opponent, but I don't think he'll beat Fury) there's nothing left for him to prove. I don't even think Joshua is much of a challenge for him. 

15 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

I said no such thing, I was talking about the other fights that have been proposed. Other than Usyk (whom I have no doubt is a capable opponent, but I don't think he'll beat Fury) there's nothing left for him to prove. I don't even think Joshua is much of a challenge for him. 

It came across that way.  

7 hours ago, Don Fonte said:

I stopped reading at that point. Absolute drivel.

I've clarified above. I should have provided the link where other opponents were being mooted.

7 hours ago, NEM said:

Exactly - who else is he meant to fight?  He's leathered Wilder 3 times and AJ won't take the fight cause it'll finish his career.

Exactly.

5 hours ago, minijc said:

It came across that way.  

Again, I've elaborated above and apologies for the confusion. It is admittedly not the best era for him to truly test himself, so it's hard to say where he fits in with all-time great conversations.