Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Josh Taylor apparently agreed to fight Teo Lopez in NYC in June.  Good fight but a bit of a pisstake for Jack Catterall tbh

I agree, got issues with Catterall's team though they've only been holding out for this, mad to have him go out and back up that performance and keep himself active unless he's had injuries too then fair enough.

Guest milne_afc

One of the best, and definitely the biggest fight I’ve watched this millennium. Great to see the young guns freshening up the most corrupt sport in the werld 

Could have 8 million if he signed the contract but he shat it.

There will be a rematch of sorts for further money, but that's his niche, fighting these types of fighters cause he's not actually that good.

Should grab as much of this YouTuber money he can then just quit, with a nice amount earned from it cause he is never going to make it in the real life boxing world.

15 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Could have 8 million if he signed the contract but he shat it.

There will be a rematch of sorts for further money, but that's his niche, fighting these types of fighters cause he's not actually that good.

Should grab as much of this YouTuber money he can then just quit, with a nice amount earned from it cause he is never going to make it in the real life boxing world.

Understatement - he's fucking shite!

• 2 weeks later...

So, predictions for Fury Vs Usyk?

I think the Ukrainian is a tough cookie and will put up a better fight than many are predicting. I'll go with Fury by TKO in the later rounds.

That said, I agree with Barry McGuigan when he dismissed the Fury fanboys who compared him to Lennox Lewis and other all-time greats. As much as Fury is impressive and moves well for such a big man, the calibre of opponents that Lewis and Holyfield et al took on and beat is a whole level above Fury. You can only beat what's in front of you, that is true, but nevertheless I don't have him down as an all-time great at this stage.

2 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

So, predictions for Fury Vs Usyk?

I think the Ukrainian is a tough cookie and will put up a better fight than many are predicting. I'll go with Fury by TKO in the later rounds.

That said, I agree with Barry McGuigan when he dismissed the Fury fanboys who compared him to Lennox Lewis and other all-time greats. As much as Fury is impressive and moves well for such a big man, the calibre of opponents that Lewis and Holyfield et al took on and beat is a whole level above Fury. You can only beat what's in front of you, that is true, but nevertheless I don't have him down as an all-time great at this stage.

Usyk is absolute quality but it’s the old adage - “a good big un beats a good little un”

Fury too big

• Upvote 1
On 3/12/2023 at 3:52 PM, NEM said:

Usyk is absolute quality but it’s the old adage - “a good big un beats a good little un”

Fury too big

For the first time I will say, I think Fury may have lost the appetite and can't be arsed with the fight.

I don't see it going ahead but hope I'm wrong.

Just now, NEM said:

He’s making a bit of a cunt of himself tbh 

Normally I would say in his defence he's attempting to drum up interest and sell the fight but this time round it just seems different and I'm losing a slight bit of respect for him.

As a fighter I love him but his antics here are just a bit infuriating.

It makes you wonder what excuse will come out tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Normally I would say in his defence he's attempting to drum up interest and sell the fight but this time round it just seems different and I'm losing a slight bit of respect for him.

As a fighter I love him but his antics here are just a bit infuriating.

It makes you wonder what excuse will come out tomorrow. 

Usyk fairly calling his bluff like 😄

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Fury behaves like an absolute arsehole. 

He's doing his legacy no favours. McGuigan was spot on when he refuted someone's recent comparisons with Lennox Lewis. The latter may not have been as good as Ali (possibly just behind Foreman, even) but he beat a far higher calibre of opponent than Fury and has a fine legacy, whereas Fury talks a good game about wanting to cement his own legacy, but has done everything to get out of the Usyk fight and, despite the popularity of a Joshua match-up, did the same there previously.

If his reputation really is the most important thing, he'll find a way to make the Usyk (and Joshua, if he works his way back into contention) fights happen before he retires.

Heavyweight boxing is bullshit now. Most don't care about the belt, rather fight for no belt if there is more money involved. Top fighters do what they can to avoid each other with the occasional exception like Usyk who appears the type to want to be world champion. Look at the number of fights Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Holmes and Norton had against each other, all fighting twice or three times each. Who are the top guys now, Fury, Usyk, Wilder, Joshua, Joyce? Fury has fought one of them, Wilder one, Joshua one, Usyk one, Joyce none, but they'd all be desperate to be first in line if offered big money to fight a youtube dick. It's shite.