Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

1 hour ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

I think Wilder will finish AJ's career (not that there's much left of it anyhow).  Cunt flatters to deceive.

To fight Wilder, you need to put him on the backfoot like Fury did in their 2nd fight. That's easier said than done because his weird technique and unusual angles gets to you eventually. AJ won't take a punch like Fury can.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, standfree1978 said:

To fight Wilder, you need to put him on the backfoot like Fury did in their 2nd fight. That's easier said than done because his weird technique and unusual angles gets to you eventually. AJ won't take a punch like Fury can.

AJ will be on his bike for as long as the fight lasts trying to use his jab and bore his way to a win, like he's done every fight since Ruiz blew his chin off.  Wilder gets to him eventually though.

49 minutes ago, NEM said:

AJ will be on his bike for as long as the fight lasts trying to use his jab and bore his way to a win, like he's done every fight since Ruiz blew his chin off.  Wilder gets to him eventually though.

Yeah agree with that. Would like to see Wilder out before he fights AJ. By February he'd only have had 1 round in 2 years.

• Upvote 1
On 8/11/2023 at 9:04 AM, NEM said:

AJ is as overrated as David Haye was, courtesy of English media hype. The Heavyweight division has been made a laughing stock in recent times and Fury and his camp have to shoulder some of the blame. Mandatory defences should be enforced, to see Fury Vs Usyk. Back in the day, Norton, Frazier, Holmes and others all threw their lot in with the best (hell, even in the 90's we had Bowe Vs Holyfield three times!) and the sport was better for it. 

• Upvote 2
On 8/15/2023 at 6:41 AM, standfree1978 said:

I think we'll get Fury/Usyk in Feb/March. They're both now working with separate Saudi promotion companies and money will talk to get them in the ring.

I have no insider info, but I'm inclined to believe Usyk and his side of the story, as to why it previously broke down. Mandatory defences are the way to go IMHO, it's becoming a laughing stock. 

• 2 weeks later...