Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

On 1/7/2024 at 5:56 AM, Poodler said:

Absolutely rubbish. Boxers fighting these jokers is horrendous to watch. A waste of time and career. 

Just stick to watching the classic heavyweights fights on YouTube, the division died years ago 

Depends on your definition of "joker". I agree it's a joke that MMA guys are fighting professional boxers under boxing rules (though it would be very interesting to see the results if the reverse happened) but I feel sorry for up and coming boxers who work hard for their shot, but are being sidelined by these guys who have come straight over from MMA, mostly for the paycheck.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Roberto said:

Fury Usyk off.

No one shocked.

George Foreman got a cut before Rumble in the Jungle, but still went in there at the earliest opportunity afterwards. I have my doubts that Fury will follow suit. If I didn't know better, I'd say this is a convenient way out for him. To sustain a cut as bad as alleged, from heavy sparring this close to the fight, is careless at best. 

15 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

George Foreman got a cut before Rumble in the Jungle, but still went in there at the earliest opportunity afterwards. I have my doubts that Fury will follow suit. If I didn't know better, I'd say this is a convenient way out for him. To sustain a cut as bad as alleged, from heavy sparring this close to the fight, is careless at best. 

There is footage on twitter. I haven't watched properly.

No one really expected the fight to go ahead... albeit fury did look in tremendous shape so he was taking it seriously.

I don't know anymore. The HW division has just become a complete joke.

4 hours ago, Roberto said:

There is footage on twitter. I haven't watched properly.

No one really expected the fight to go ahead... albeit fury did look in tremendous shape so he was taking it seriously.

I don't know anymore. The HW division has just become a complete joke.

I totally agree and I think they need to enforce mandatory defences. It's an absolute joke that Fury's only fight in recent times was an exhibition against an MMA fighter. If he really wanted it, he'd have fought Usyk and Joshua long before now.

7 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

I'd say it's unfortunate but maybe a good thing as it's exactly where he was badly cut before, so it would suggest that the area was weak.  It's shite that the fight is off but there's a good chance the eye goes quickly in the fight so from his point of view he'd rather it is now.

As Roberto says as well, he looks in tremendous shape, always find the more quiet Fury is, the more serious he's taking a training camp, barely a peep out of him until this.

22 hours ago, minijc said:

I'd say it's unfortunate but maybe a good thing as it's exactly where he was badly cut before, so it would suggest that the area was weak.  It's shite that the fight is off but there's a good chance the eye goes quickly in the fight so from his point of view he'd rather it is now.

As Roberto says as well, he looks in tremendous shape, always find the more quiet Fury is, the more serious he's taking a training camp, barely a peep out of him until this.

Despite his bravado in the press for this fight, I think he knows he's in real danger of losing. A year ago I'd have said Fury to win by TKO in mid-to-late rounds, but as time has gone on, I've come round to the possibility of an upset. Like his namesake Iron Mike, Fury has beaten some very good opponents, but none of whom are Hall of Fame-level fighters at the peak of their powers. The measure of the true greats is being able to overcome adversity, when their talent and physicality alone aren't enough and they have to really dig deep to grind out a win. I have my doubts Fury can do this, against someone who is hungry, focussed and at the top of their game. 

We'll see what happens in May, if of course it goes ahead.

On 2/8/2024 at 6:07 AM, manboobs109 said:

Fury is a lying drug cheat con man. I remember people on here saying he's the greatest heavyweight of all time. 

I have never seen anyone here say that, but if true it's ludicrous. Fury isn't in the same league as Ali, Foreman, Holyfield or Lewis, all of whom would have beaten him with little fanfare. I'd even say Riddick Bowe and Mike Tyson, or Joe Frazier and Ken Norton would have fancied their chances if Fury had fought in their respective eras.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, minijc said:

Aye Sam Jones is a weird bloke, just hope Taylor can find what he had before and get the win, Catterall and the way he's acted since his 'loss' to Taylor has really annoyed me, cry baby prick.

Sam Jones loves Sam Jones says... Sam Jones.

Sam Jones.

Honestly, what a fucking tot.

Catterall may have been robbed in the first fight but the guy needs this fight more than Taylor. Career finished I suspect after Taylor wins this time round.

Tickets on sale Wednesday so all over it.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, minijc said:

Nice one.

See the reaction from Catterall today?  Boy's a proper panny.

He's biting more this time to what Taylor is saying that's for sure.

He normally has nothing to say and just keeps himself composed until fight night... this time, its very different.

Think Leeds is going to be a volatile place come fight night.

My birthday weekend as well. Buzzing.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...