Tv Series

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

Fuck off weegie.

You never did tell us how your family member who plays for AFC finds the new regime? Nor how your art project went, you know, the one you told us was going to "win".

Some of us might think this was wise on your part as elaborating on a falsehood is inevitably going to be like the house built on sand.

Quite. 

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

right let’s try again for a normal conversation. See if your capable without derision.
Have you ever visited Cuba?

his house over there was humbling, had a quality about the atmosphere within.

finca vigea

lovely

E46-CA6-BF-8-A6-D-47-CF-9845-8-D8314-FF4
670-C789-E-BD0-F-4152-B772-29-A7-E84-BF0

it’s worthy of a visit

I visited it. Was a very nice place with lovely gardens I thought. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Just finished the profile of Ernest Hemingway on BBC iPlayer last night. Very interesting series about one fucked up genius. Loved some of his art back in the day but was ambivalent about others of his. May re-read one now, the difficulty being which to choose. Recommended. 

Watched the first two episodes then got bored. 

He seems like a cunt to be honest. Lied about what he done in the war, cheating on numerous women. 

If yir into yir books (@Bluto) I watched an episode (the 3rd) of Write Around The World with Richard E Grant was great and I plan to watch the rest. 

Watching "Shadow Lines" on Amazon Prime (Sundance Now).

1950s Cold War thriller, set in Finland - about the CIA and KGB both trying to meddle to ensure the new Finnish Government will be their puppet.

Actually pretty good.  Ive never been the best at following dramas about spying / intrigue etc, but I'm hanging in there!

On 8/14/2021 at 1:34 PM, Dons79 said:

right let’s try again for a normal conversation. See if your capable without derision.
Have you ever visited Cuba?

his house over there was humbling, had a quality about the atmosphere within.

finca vigea

lovely

E46-CA6-BF-8-A6-D-47-CF-9845-8-D8314-FF4
670-C789-E-BD0-F-4152-B772-29-A7-E84-BF0

it’s worthy of a visit

Went a couple of years ago.

Interesting place.

That second photo. The street between the two buildings. Walk about 100 yards then turn right we stayed in an AirBnB there. Looked rough outside but really nice inside.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Bosch - Seem late to the game with this as it's 7 series in, but i'm a couple of episodes into the first season and seems to be pretty good so far. 

Them -  finally finished it last night. The series started pretty strongly, but went awry. One particular scene was probably the most distressing scene i've watched on TV in a very very long time. 

Russian Doll - Decent. like Groundhog Day, but with more drugs and death n shit.