Tv Series

Been watching "Daisy Jones & The Six" on Prime. Following an American band back in 60s/70s. Just a few episodes in, quite good if you're into the music of that era etc, but bit early to give a proper review. Not as good as the film Almost Famous which is along similar lines. Another series about touring with a band that I quite enjoyed was "Roadies" but it seems to have been pulled from Prime - shame as I'd liked to have watched it again.

On 3/25/2023 at 2:54 PM, Jocky Balboa said:

Planning to watch Shawn Ryan's new show "The Night Agent". The Shield is still one of the best shows I've ever seen, though SWAT was a mixed bag.

It’s decent enough.

(I agree re SWAT - the guy that plays Hondo is wooden as fuck. Terrible actor).

On 3/31/2023 at 10:56 PM, DD1903 said:

Yeah. Absolute class, and was always going to be hard to match it. I thought the Chicago code was good, but appears those high up in tv land didn’t agree. 

The Chicago Code was excellent too. Watched The Shield for the first time in about 10 years the other month. It hadn't aged as well as I remembered...

From returns in a week or two... Loved the first season - Lost meets The Walking Dead sort of. Watching again as a reminder.

Watching The Newsroom again - the first season is hard work with Emily Mortimer shrieking like a banshee...

Really enjoying the final season of Star Trek Picard after 2 poor seasons. Shame it's the end.

And that Kiefer Sutherland Rabbit Hole show has started off promisingly... Hope it's not shit.

Rewatching Airwolf on the Legend Channel. I didn't realise they'd done a fourth series in '87 having got rid of Jan-Michael Vincent and Ernest Borgnine and replaced them with Barry Van Dyke. It's awful really, in a so bad it's good kinda way :trophy:

On 4/11/2023 at 5:00 AM, BrianFaePerth said:

Watched 2 eps of Rabbit Hole. Quite like it, though confused as fuck as to what Jack Bauer is up to.

Only concern is it will turn pish like so many other programs.

Haven't a clue whats going on but the bird is tidy

• 2 weeks later...