Tv Series

On 1/23/2023 at 7:27 PM, Roberto said:

The Last of Us... zombie pish.

Nae my cup of tea.

It's nae about Zombies. They're reanimated corpses.

It's about a Cordycep outbreak. A fungal infection which has gotten out of control and these fungi controlling the bodies they've infected. They're not dead until they get their heads blown off. Then they're just dead.

https://news.sky.com/story/the-last-of-us-the-science-behind-the-real-zombie-fungus-and-is-it-actual-threat-12790306

Anyway, it's a decent watch so far.

12 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

It's nae about Zombies. They're reanimated corpses.

It's about a Cordycep outbreak. A fungal infection which has gotten out of control and these fungi controlling the bodies they've infected. They're not dead until they get their heads blown off. Then they're just dead.

https://news.sky.com/story/the-last-of-us-the-science-behind-the-real-zombie-fungus-and-is-it-actual-threat-12790306

Anyway, it's a decent watch so far.

It's zombies. Look like huns, walk funny, zombies. 

On 2/6/2023 at 11:23 PM, BrianFaePerth said:

Your Honor - season 2

4 eps in and not sure where it’s going. Lack of decent pussy too.

Good to see Hector Salamanca meet Walter White though.

I'm struggling with S1. Bryan Cranston is good, that appears to be about it.

The Godfather of Harlem is excellent though. Would recommend.

Stuff I have watched in recent months:

The Rings of Power - slow-paced and disinteresting LOTR spin off.  Tried to get into it and failed.  Episode after episode passes and nothing ever happens.  Classic Tolkien.  Abandoned.

House of the Dragon - disappointing GOT spin off.  The attractive 17 yr old brunette early doors held my interest at first, but I was crushed when the plot leapt forward and she was replaced by a less attractive 30-something.  Alas.  Abandoned.

Andor - Star Wars, actually pretty good.  However, The Empire seems less threatening when their ranks include women and ethnic minorities. (Although the actress who played the female ISB agent was excellent I thought). 

The Mandalorian (both series) - Star Wars again: cool character, so-so series.  Many espisodes are fluff.  Also showcases the lack of imagination which has consistently let the franchise down since the original trilogy. 

Currently watching The Rig.  Watched 4 out of 6 so far and little has happened, other than its got a bit foggy.  Hoping for great things from the last two episodes, but not holding my breath.  Far too woke for my tastes also, like when the pregnant lesbian beats up the man twice her size.  I mean, I know its a fantasy story, but FFS.

Watched Three Pines on Prime - okay, short series, bit weird, lots of interconnected characters.

Also watched Hunters series 2 on Prime - not sure I enjoyed it as much as the first series - started off ok, but was one particular episode in the middle that kinda spoiled the flow of it and seemed unecessary - also lots of flashbacks to Al Pacino's character who died at the end of the first series, which were a bit annoying (as much as I love Al Pacino).

2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Watched Three Pines on Prime - okay, short series, bit weird, lots of interconnected characters.

Also watched Hunters series 2 on Prime - not sure I enjoyed it as much as the first series - started off ok, but was one particular episode in the middle that kinda spoiled the flow of it and seemed unecessary - also lots of flashbacks to Al Pacino's character who died at the end of the first series, which were a bit annoying (as much as I love Al Pacino).

Aye, agree with that review. Was nowhere near as good as the last series and the court scene at the end was pretty pish.

On 2/8/2023 at 3:18 PM, Dad said:

Having to watch The Rig, as part of my role with Amazon (alright there Jeff you wee prick 🖕) - a pile of shite it is

Yon lassie from shits creek is in it though - she's good people 👍

She was alright in Schitts Creek. But in The Rig, the outfit and the hair and the fact she's about 10 years older has dropped her down to a 4-5/10 

On 2/16/2023 at 9:44 PM, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Stuff I have watched in recent months:

The Rings of Power - slow-paced and disinteresting LOTR spin off.  Tried to get into it and failed.  Episode after episode passes and nothing ever happens.  Classic Tolkien.  Abandoned.

House of the Dragon - disappointing GOT spin off.  The attractive 17 yr old brunette early doors held my interest at first, but I was crushed when the plot leapt forward and she was replaced by a less attractive 30-something.  Alas.  Abandoned.

Andor - Star Wars, actually pretty good.  However, The Empire seems less threatening when their ranks include women and ethnic minorities. (Although the actress who played the female ISB agent was excellent I thought). 

The Mandalorian (both series) - Star Wars again: cool character, so-so series.  Many espisodes are fluff.  Also showcases the lack of imagination which has consistently let the franchise down since the original trilogy. 

Currently watching The Rig.  Watched 4 out of 6 so far and little has happened, other than its got a bit foggy.  Hoping for great things from the last two episodes, but not holding my breath.  Far too woke for my tastes also, like when the pregnant lesbian beats up the man twice her size.  I mean, I know its a fantasy story, but FFS.

Olivia Cooke? She's ace min, I won't hear a bad word said about her. 

4 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

She was alright in Schitts Creek. But in The Rig, the outfit and the hair and the fact she's about 10 years older has dropped her down to a 4-5/10 

She was in yon Twelve Monkeys TV adaptation as well; played the Brad Pitt role (manic rich cunt).

That was her show in between shits creek and the rig (rig being shite, creek terrific) in terms of quality 👍

Watching the 2nd series of Clarksons Farm right now, its pretty good.

If you are already mega-rich, a bit of farming looks like it could be a laugh.

Its quite contrived, like Top Gear / Grand Tour etc, but still entertaining.

I like his g/f, Lisa Hogan - wonder how he met her, especially with that massive gut he has on him this weather? 

I suppose a massive wallet trumps a massive gut!

• 2 weeks later...

Started watching The Outlaws, by Stephen Merchant.

Only seen 1 episode, but its the first show to make me laugh in a while.

(like when Merchant finds the dead badger, and he is told they will need to get the Council to deal with it.  He says "Roger that......or should that be Bodger that?" 🤣

I am quite taken with the lovely Rhianne Barreto also.